• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

matteli

Cartographe royal
May 1, 2004
Fantasia Universalis

Actual version : 1.7 (Ultimate Version)

Screen here

For those who don't want to install the editor but want to see an example of a world editing by FU, download this to decompress in the directory of EU2.

Download :
Fantasia Universalis

This pack inclued 2 tools :
- With first, you can create fantasy mod with random map automatically.
It used ImageMagick and Magellan from Inferis (inclued in the installation). Thanks to them.
- The second is a map editor which allows you to create piece of map for fantasia universalis (which can be inclued in the next versus pack). For use it see the tutorial

Installation's instruction (you MUST follow it) :

1) Delete the folder and the files inside from previous installation.

2) Download and install the .NET framework V1.1 here
This program is used by Magellan. If you want to know if you have already it, open the config in window and look at "add/remove programs" (or something like this, i have the french version of windows). In the list of program, you may have "Microsoft .NET FRamework 1.1"

3) Install the file in download on the top of this post

Warning : You must have install EU2 with the lastet patch (1.09). You can have mod installed.

Utilisation's instruction :

- This is a beta tool. I have test it but perhaps there are few bug. I'm not in charge of any damage can cause this tool on your computer.

1) Launch Fantasia Universalis

2) The first time, the tool ask you for the path of EU2 (ex: c:\jeux\eu2). Double-clic on the folder where is EU2 (the folder's icon must be open and not just select)

3) You are now on a page with the mod's configuration :
Choose first the number of continent, the size of the continent and the type of the connexion with Europe (asian or african are the same next the europe, american is far from europe)

4) Choose if you want to see the map (visible map). You can clic as much as time you want.

5) Finish to configure the mod.
The % virgin is the percent of land without nation on it.
The No cult/con is the number of culture in a continent (if you put not much, the tool gets time).
The No cou/cult is the number of country in a culture you want.

6) Choose which goods are on the continent.

7) Choose the proportion of each good
(Warning : don't put too tea (for example) in only one continent.)

8) Give a name for your mod

9) Clic GO

10) Wait. With Athlon XP 1700+, it takes 50 minutes.

11) For playing, launch the icon with the name of your mod in the directory of your mod.

Last edited:
Since I like new scenario's (and especially new maps) I'm trying it out (on vanilla 1.09 ATM). The map is being generated (33/48). I'll let you know more later on. My expectations are high, very high. :D

Well, 3 years into the game and found 1 bug (I think). Some countries have ports but can't build ships since the game sees those provs as inland provs. Other countries have no prob. The problem seems random. Gonna try and generate a new map (with other values) to see if problem persists.

Nagel said:
Well, 3 years into the game and found 1 bug (I think). Some countries have ports but can't build ships since the game sees those provs as inland provs. Other countries have no prob. The problem seems random. Gonna try and generate a new map (with other values) to see if problem persists.

I have never seen this bug.

Could you, if it's possible, zipped your mod, put on a FTP and put a link in this thread for downloading it.

matteli said:
I have never seen this bug.

Could you, if it's possible, zipped your mod, put on a FTP and put a link in this thread for downloading it.
Well, bug nr1 can go down the drain. Three countries (that I knew of by selecting them) couldn't build ships (reloading scenario didn't help). After shutting the program down and restarting the scenario the problem solved itself :) . Good news is always nice :D . Created a new scenario and tried 10 different countries, but no problem found with building ships. Must have been some weird glitch.

Eric Lasalle said:
Could you please post screenshots of the generated maps? I'm very interested in this tool, but unfortunatly I havent't installed EU2 at the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Sure thing. But keep in mind that it's a beta.
screensave06xb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

For the moment, the tools gives some map with repetitive piece of map because there is only one type of piece.

But the tools is ready to have more piece for increase the variety of the land in the map. I just waiting for knowing if people are interesting by the tools.
If yes, i will make another piece and perhaps a tool for editing your own piece of map.

matteli said:
For the moment, the tools gives some map with repetitive piece of map because there is only one type of piece.

But the tools is ready to have more piece for increase the variety of the land in the map. I just waiting for knowing if people are interesting by the tools.
If yes, i will make another piece and perhaps a tool for editing your own piece of map.
Well, I'm definately interested. I'll take the repetitive pieces of map for granted. A new map is quite refreshing and it sparks the interest in EU2 again (too little maps around here). But with this tool, ... great potential.

My observations so far after being 14 years in the game:
1: AI does good on trading/upgrading
2: AI only tends to build troops in war time or when facing rebels. After a first spark they do however start building (especially after a war :D )
3: random events fire excellent (already got some bad ones :mad: )
4: new CoT's emerge but looks like their limited to the area known to me (all catholic territory). I know 4 "blocks" with a total of 21 CoT's with an average Trade value of 96d each. The other 6 "blocks" have 13 CoT's with an average value of 333d each. But, speaking for myself, I prefer this. Makes it more difficult to get money out of trading
5: In most times (+- 70%) when AI DoW's another AI nation, they go to war alone and not calling their allies
6: AI does good on diplomacy (MA, RM, Alliances, ...)
7: AI totally fails at building ships; so far 0 have been build
8: no CTD; game runs smoothly

Maybe the ship/troop building prob can be overcome by giving them ships + troops from the start?

Last edited:
Nagel said:
Well, I'm definately interested. I'll take the repetitive pieces of map for granted. A new map is quite refreshing and it sparks the interest in EU2 again (too little maps around here). But with this tool, ... great potential.

My observations so far after being 14 years in the game:
1: AI does good on trading/upgrading
2: AI only tends to build troops in war time or when facing rebels. After a first spark they do however start building (especially after a war :D )
3: random events fire excellent (already got some bad ones :mad: )
4: new CoT's emerge but looks like their limited to the area known to me (all catholic territory). I know 4 "blocks" with a total of 21 CoT's with an average Trade value of 96d each. The other 6 "blocks" have 13 CoT's with an average value of 333d each. But, speaking for myself, I prefer this. Makes it more difficult to get money out of trading
5: In most times (+- 70%) when AI DoW's another AI nation, they go to war alone and not calling their allies
6: AI does good on diplomacy (MA, RM, Alliances, ...)
7: AI totally fails at building ships; so far 0 have been build
8: no CTD; game runs smoothly

Maybe the ship/troop building prob can be overcome by giving them ships + troops from the start?

2;5;7 :Every AI have the peaceful.AI file. That's explain, i think, his passivity.

As you say, i think in the next version, i'm going to put an army for every nation.

Waa great idea for a mod!

edit: I have tested it now and it looks very promising. A few points:

-No orthodox countries?
-Perhaps try to do the cultures independantly from the countries?
- Try to make the countries differ in size a bit more
- I had a coast and could build ships, but I still didn't get any colonists cause I had no coast.
- As for the leaders I would recommened LordBarkingDog's LEADERGEN

Anyway great work! :)

Last edited:
Gathenhielm said:
Waa great idea for a mod!

edit: I have tested it now and it looks very promising. A few points:

-No orthodox countries?
-Perhaps try to do the cultures independantly from the countries?
- Try to make the countries differ in size a bit more
- I had a coast and could build ships, but I still didn't get any colonists cause I had no coast.
- As for the leaders I would recommened LordBarkingDog's LEADERGEN

Anyway great work! :)

- Not yet but in the next version
- Hard to change, it's an important part of the program (very long to obtain culture with neigbour's provinces).
- Difficult too : 2 possibilities:
1) for each culture, choose the number of countries (i would do this but there are a lot of editing for the user : 108 cultures=108 editing)
2) a random number of province with an average on a value editing by user.

- Don't understand, do have a coast or not ?
- I will look but i would make specific event for this.

matteli said:
- Not yet but in the next version
- Hard to change, it's an important part of the program (very long to obtain culture with neigbour's provinces).
- Difficult too : 2 possibilities:
1) for each culture, choose the number of countries (i would do this but there are a lot of editing for the user : 108 cultures=108 editing)
2) a random number of province with an average on a value editing by user.

- Don't understand, do have a coast or not ?
- I will look but i would make specific event for this.

-Great. :)
- ok, not that important after all. :)
- Nr 2 would be very good. :)
- I hae a coast and can build a ship and all, but when I put my mouse over the number of colonists it says 0 per year because I have no coast.
-Ok.

Gathenhielm said:
-Great. :)
- I hae a coast and can build a ship and all, but when I put my mouse over the number of colonists it says 0 per year because I have no coast.

Every nation out of Europe (central continent) have "colonialnation=no" in his config's file.
Perhaps, it's that.

Gathenhielm said:
I don't have a coast or access to water but I get colonists (3 each year), I'm in the center of "Europe" too...

I got some problems with something Terra Incognita similar stuff that looks like it but you see everything except how the provinces look and It is explored and attackable and so on... :rolleyes:

fudd_bopo said:
I don't have a coast or access to water but I get colonists (3 each year), I'm in the center of "Europe" too...

I got some problems with something Terra Incognita similar stuff that looks like it but you see everything except how the provinces look and It is explored and attackable and so on... :rolleyes:
It sounds like problem with INCGRID.TBL try copying it from your new fantasia mod and put in the EU2/map folder REMEBER to keep backups for the other maps your play with.