• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TheArchduke said:
With the consent of the Spanish Empire, the colony in Argentinia will be sold to her austrian brethern to easen the burden for Madrid in governing that part of the world.

Meaning: Argentinian colonies and a small part of of spanish knowledge is sold for a disclosed sum from Spain to Austria.
Carlos I confirm this.

Meh, I've seen Fred colonise Indonesia as Austria. You're slipping Duke.... :D :rofl:

Yeah well it is just 1520 atm.:)

In any case, I fear ****** has taken down his website due to EGA5.

Can someone send me 1.04 AoD over please?

The FAL be praised!:)

England wants to sell "small parts of her knowledge in the new world" as well. Is this allowed?

England is (maybe) selling trading rights to her North Amercian trade center, all empty except for 5 English merchants to the 3 highest bidders. This COT is growing fast so take the chance to establish 5 very stable merchants here for some extra long term income!

juv95hrn said:
England is (maybe) selling trading rights to her North Amercian trade center, all empty except for 5 English merchants to the 3 highest bidders. This COT is growing fast so take the chance to establish 5 very stable merchants here for some extra long term income!

To clarify, are you saying we have to pay to trade there, or are you selling maps to the location of the CoT?

Tem_Probe said:
To clarify, are you saying we have to pay to trade there, or are you selling maps to the location of the CoT?

I guess I am saying that I am selling the maps to the COT to trade there. I can not prevent anyone from trading there until trade 4 which is far away but by limiting the sale to 3 nations it practically guarantuees stable trade for a long time there.

Any update on AAR rewards??? I suggest we do what King John is doing for BNW, that is -1% inflation reward for an AAR done for that session.

All,

The reward for a substantial AAR may be selected from this list:

1. A reduction of 3 badboy.
2. A core on a same culture province with no nationalism
3. One point of deflation
4. 500 ducats (amount to be increased)

Each week, one/both of the GMs will select an overall winner, based on thoroughness, creativity and reader enjoyment. That winner may double any of the above four rewards or:

5. Gain a free conversion in a same culture province with no nationalism

I rather not have a 'winner', since it could prove controversial as to how the winner wa judged, and also I'm crap at AAR writingm and thus not likely to win anythnig. :rofl:

Also, -3 BB for an AAR reward seems a bit excessive. -1 or -2 would be better.

HolisticGod said:
All,

The reward for a substantial AAR may be selected from this list:

1. A reduction of 3 badboy.
2. A core on a same culture province with no nationalism
3. One point of deflation
4. 500 ducats (amount to be increased)

Each week, one/both of the GMs will select an overall winner, based on thoroughness, creativity and reader enjoyment. That winner may double any of the above four rewards or:

5. Gain a free conversion in a same culture province with no nationalism

Can I also still get a reward for my AAR from the first session?

PJL,

-3 makes it relatively equal to -1 inflation or a new core, so it'll remain -3.

Oz,

Yes.

HolisticGod said:
PJL,

-3 makes it relatively equal to -1 inflation or a new core, so it'll remain -3.

Oz,

Yes.

Actually, snice taking a core costs 0 BB, and a non-core 1 BB for defensive, and 2 BB for offensive, you'll find that I'm right :p.

And if AAR rewards are going to made retropectively. I'm going to write ones for both sessions tomorrow evening.

BTW, 500d is actually a bit low compared to the altenatives, considering the mean yearly income (non census taxes) is about 800, and the median about 700d.

Okay, have done AARs for the first two sessions. I'd like to have 1000d please.

Good news, Argentinia should now be in austrian hands.

Bad news, my skiing holiday has been pulled forward by an evil mistress and I have to obey. (Sounds better)

In any case with a 90% chance I will need a sub.