• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done! Congratulations Stuyvesant!

Bravo Stuyvesant !

Congratulations, Stuyvesant! It would be superfluous in me to point out that this is war... um, well-deserved, I meant to say! :) Very well deserved indeed! :D

More seriously, a post from Stuyvesant is always a pleasure. He follows closely, and sometimes knows the characters and plot better than the author. In short, he is the ideal reader - faithful, prescient, involved, informed.

Congratulations!

Thank you, loki100 for the award and thanks, everyone, for the congratulations. :)

For me, AARland has been, and continues to be, like a magical candystore: there's something for every taste, there are countless interesting people from all over the world and all walks of life (yet all sharing at least one basic interest: historic strategy games), and everything's completely free. The only currency is the comment, which is pretty darn cheap. :)

Where else could you find such a range of fascinating stories, from in-depth gameplay analysis to full-blown space opera, from gritty war sagas to barely-PG-13 smutfests (I'm looking at you, Mount and Blade: Warband AAR forum...), to comic masterpieces rivaling War and Peace in length (that would be the Crovan saga, sadly prematurely ended after roughly 700 years of bear and outhouse-fuelled mayhem)?

And where else can you enjoy all these pleasures in such a respectful and grownup environment? I rarely venture to other forums, but every time I do, I'm more impressed with the civility of the Paradox forums. It's not just a mod thing (praise be unto them all), it's an attitude that people seem to pick up here, and it's one of the main reasons I'm still coming back to this place nearly every night.
So, thanks again and I hope to see you all around, reading, commenting and generally keeping AARland this wonderful place that I always enjoy visiting. :)

Congratualtions. A well-deserved award.

And where else can you enjoy all these pleasures in such a respectful and grownup environment?

You've hit the nail on the head there amigo! That's one of the reasons these forums are such a pleasure to be part of!

And where else can you enjoy all these pleasures in such a respectful and grownup environment? I rarely venture to other forums, but every time I do, I'm more impressed with the civility of the Paradox forums. It's not just a mod thing (praise be unto them all), it's an attitude that people seem to pick up here, and it's one of the main reasons I'm still coming back to this place nearly every night.

THIS, and the bolded part is something that I also tend to think of and appreciate when exploring other parts of the interwebs. Great post! :)

Time to relinquish this cherished award... Reluctantly. ;)

I'm knocking it back to Scotland, to MorningSIDEr, to be precise. He's been very active, lately, and he spreads his attention all over the boards, which to me exemplifies a great fan: you poke your head in, say hello, make the new folks feel welcome...

Anyway, thank you for being an asset to the community and congratulations, MorningSIDEr! :)

Congrats MorningSIDer, great choice! :)

Complete and wholehearted agreement. Every time you comment the happiness level goes up.

Congratulations!

A great many thanks to Stuyvesant, especially as it is not so long since I was last lucky enough to be chosen for this award (bribery works very well!). I have been spending an ever increasing amount of my time on this wonderful forum and I merely regret that I do not have yet more time to follow yet more AARs, as there appears a never ending stream of great work being started everyday. My sincere thanks to Stuyvesant once again and to everyone else for the many kind words.

I will choose my successor at the end of the week (I am very susceptible to bribes if anyone is interested in being nominated next for this award!).