• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rev. Pollos again enters the Carthago Nova and walks over to the table where he finds the SGG reps. He pulls a legal paper from his pocket and sets it on the table

An Amendment to the Constitution
Regarding Executive Succession

Purpose : To maintain civilian leadership at the highest level of the Executive Branch of government at all times.

Background : On February 11th in the XIV Term of the President, President Gonzov’s suicide left the office of President vacant. Coupled with the vacant office of the Speaker , Eutopia was left without a Chief Executive and Commander-in-Chief.

We , the citizens of Eutopia in the General Assembly do hereby resolve to amend the Constitution of the United Provinces of Eutopia in the following manner.

Article II.
2. Removal, Impeachment, and Succession
c. Should the office of the President become vacant, the Vice President shall fulfill the duties of President for the remainder of the term.

d. Should the Vice President be unable to take possession of the office of the President or should the office of the Vice President become vacant, Presidential powers will temporarly be transferred to one of the cabinet members in the following order.
1. Attorney General
2. Minister of Finance
3. Minister of Interior
4. Minister of Social Services

e. Should the office of the Vice President become vacant, the General Assembly shall elect a new Vice President.

f. Upon election of a new Vice President , the Vice President shall fulfill the duties of President for the remainder of the term.

"As I promised , and I have submitted the same to the Speakers office. If you can offer support from your constituents (sp?) then I believe togather we can make Eutopia a safer and more democratic place. I hope that you can offer that support and that we can work togather often."

Alastar Cain slowly enters the Carthago Nova and looks around. It had been a while. Spotting the familiar table, Cain approaches the Eutopian Congress of Labor and motions to a waiter.

"A round of drinks of these fine Eutopians." Cain says with a grin.

"May I Join you? You might have heard that I've returned, healthy once again. I'm curious to hear how my party has treated your fine organization. Hopefully as well as I had wanted it to?"