• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems the asian populace of america will be in a less then enviable position should Uncle Sam win, too. I think ethnic cleansing is liable to be the rule of the day no matter who wins :eek:

Although, I wonder..what is a 'win' for america? expulsion of the invaders, yes, but how could they ever have the means to pacify the devil doctor's boundless empire?

Although I have no doubt Buck and his fellow star-spangled heroes will come out on top, likes been said, god knows what the ramifications will be- If Germany remains Nazi and is instrumental in defeating "the yellow peril" it will mean

a) the Holocaust may never be revealed at least for a time
b) Nazism, Aryanism etc. may gain credibility in war-torn America putting the melting pot theory to shame
c) the no-doubt existing Asian internment camps may become something more

but thats what's so interesting about this AAR, a mixture of gripping pulp fare and Alt-history grit

Jape said:
Although I have no doubt Buck and his fellow star-spangled heroes will come out on top, likes been said, god knows what the ramifications will be- If Germany remains Nazi and is instrumental in defeating "the yellow peril" it will mean

a) the Holocaust may never be revealed at least for a time
b) Nazism, Aryanism etc. may gain credibility in war-torn America putting the melting pot theory to shame
c) the no-doubt existing Asian internment camps may become something more

but thats what's so interesting about this AAR, a mixture of gripping pulp fare and Alt-history grit
Since the Pan Asians have driven out most of the Americans instead of murdering them, I expect mass deportations rather than a concerted White on Yellow genocide campaign following Uncle Sam's victory.

To assuage any fears that I'll let this AAR whiter and write exclusively for The III Reich in World War III, here goes another update!

Chartwell House, Kent
British Empire

Monday July 1st, 1940

Chartwell_House01.jpg

The dining room of Chartwell was large and Victorian to a fault, it’s walls clad in dark woods and paintings. Around the long white-clothed table with it’s rich assortment of silver chandeliers and flower decorations, four people were seated, a rather select group for a dinner at the home of Winston Churchill. The host, who completely dominated the scene with his voluminous bulk and powerful magnetism pushed away his empty plate, recently cleared of a hefty serving of chocolate cake with whipped cream and strawberries and gestured with his glass of champagne.

‘Sir Dennis, I must say I am gratifyingly surprised. You’re obviously a man of character, intelligence and erudition, but for some reason I cannot really fathom today, I’ve always held you in a low regard, probably because the nature of the work you’ve done at the Secret Service. I suppose I never thought that a Chinese gangster could pose as serious a threat to the Empire as you’ve always claimed, and considered you a crackpot. In fact, not long ago I wouldn’t have agreed to your stay here, but what man in his sane mind can any longer deny the dire threat Fu Manchu poses? And you, Sir, are the closest thing to an expert on him that we possess. Please accept my sincere apologies for misjudging you; I believe history has proved you right!’

Sir Dennis Nayland Smith received Churchill’s compliments with a smile, but it was a sad little smile. The reasons for Churchill’s earlier distaste were only too obvious to him. He had been the nemesis of Fu Manchu even back when the Devil Doctor had sunk his claws into Churchill in the 1920s. Obviously, he had not missed an opportunity to undermine Nayland Smith’s position when he hypnotically conditioned the august politician.

‘Thank you, Sir Winston, you’re being most gracious.’

‘Now Dear, it didn’t kill you to say that, did it?’ Lady Clementine Churchill said, nodding towards her husband.

The second guest, General Sir Robert Cassels, Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army, nodded. ‘It’s a damn shame you haven’t been heard earlier, Sir Dennis. Even now, when the Pan-Asians have a three division Corps facing us for every one of our divisions, the Army of India is no stronger than it was five years ago!’

Churchill nodded. ‘Indeed, General, indeed. That is the very reason why I have been so uncompromising in my opposition to those hotheads in the Government who would have us rush blindly into war in support of America. Heaven knows the United States have few warmer friends than myself, but war with Pan-Asia at this time would be suicidal, since it’s also my firm conviction that we cannot spare any troops from the defence of this island. Hitler is not to be trusted; look, just look how long the non-aggression pact with Russia made him pause! Once Russia has been defeated, he’ll doubtlessly turn his eyes upon us again; then, to my chagrin, I will be proven right and we shall have to fight for our lives to defend not just the Empire, but it’s very English core!’

‘May it never come to that!’ said Nayland Smith, shaking his head. Hypnotised or not, Churchill was making a lot of sense. What if he was right? Hitler was an untrustworthy cur with boundless ambition, of that there could be little doubt. Could he really be considered any less dangerous than Fu Manchu? Would Britain go to war to save America only to find Germans landing on the beaches of Dover? But right or wrong, Nayland Smith’s course was set; he was going to free his government from the surreptitious influence of Fu Manchu, and if after that it still opted for peace, then that was the way it had to be.

‘Amen, Sir Dennis!’ Clementine Churchill said, and recognising the familiar signs in her husbands demeanour, she added ‘But it’s getting late; I believe it’s time for me to retire, so that you gentlemen can get on with the business of cigars and brandy.’

Churchill smiled warmly at his companion. ‘You know me too well, dear. Have a good nights rest; I will make sure to entertain our guests a bit longer.’

After Lady Clementine had said her goodnights, just as she had prophesised, brandy and large Cuban cigars were brought in. Sir Dennis excused himself, and left the table, but not as his host and fellow guest might have suspected to head for the bathroom. Instead, the aged agent went to the front door, which he swiftly opened, allowing inside a silent, black-clad throng of people headed by Fah Lo Suee and James Bond, the only ones with their faces bare. The others completed their utilitarian black sweaters, trousers and boots with black masks similar to those worn by Japanese Ninjas. All except Fah were armed with pistols and knifes; they belonged to the faction within the Limehouse Si-Fan loyal to her. Nayland Smith was not happy about having to use Si-Fan for muscle, but he had little choice. For bloodlessly overpowering the Scotland Yard security detail and the house staff he needed expert commando troops, but he could hardly requisition any from the army, which left him with only himself, agent Bond, Fah Lo Suee and agent Jones, who had just returned from Arabia after an apparently harrowing experience, which he had refused to discuss.

‘Did you have any problems with the Scotland Yard people?’ Nayland Smith asked.

Bond shook his head. ‘None, Sir. They’re all in the stables, tied up and gagged.’

‘Let’s not waste any more time, Dennis!’ Fah Lo Suee demanded. She gave a few short orders and her people spread out into the sprawling Victorian building to apprehend the servants.

‘All right, follow me.’ Nayland Smith led the way followed by Bond, Fah and four Si-Fan.

Nayland Smith walked alone into the dining room, where Churchill didn’t interrupt the lecture-like monologue about the 1066 invasion he was regaling General Cassells with. As the Secret Service-man passed behind the officer, suddenly and without warning he struck him in the neck with his open hand, a special Kung-Fu technique he had learnt in Hong Kong. Cassells slumped over unconscious while Churchill rose suddenly from his chair.

‘What is the meaing of this!?’ he roared as Fah, Bond and the masked Si-Fan marched into the dining room. ‘Sir Dennis, have you gone insane!? Who are these people!’

Nayland Smith gently rested Cassells head on the table. ‘Sir Winston, I’m truly sorry but the General could not be allowed to see the Lady. As for these men are all in her service, except the unmasked young man who is Lieutenant Commander James Bond of the Secret Service, an employee of mine.’

‘And the Lady herself?’ Churchill asked, looking at Fah Lo Suee with a mixture of apprehension and admiration. Despite his age and the unsettling circumstances, he had not lost his appreciation of feminine beauty.

‘My name is Fah Lo Suee, and I believe you have met my father, Sir Winston. In fact, that is why we have intruded so rudely upon your hospitality.’

‘Your father?’ Churchill frowned. ‘I’m sorry, I do not recall…’

‘You wouldn’t. Fu Manchu doesn’t leave any memories of his tampering in the minds of his victims. But I’m here to correct that.’

‘Fu Manchu?! You’re the daughter of Fu Manchu?’ Churchill asked with astonishment. ‘And you’ve brought her here, with her armed thugs in tow, Sir Dennis? Have you gone mad or have you just turned traitor?’

‘No Sir. You have.’

Bond and the Si-Fan rushed forward and forcibly pushed Churchill down in his chair, despite his bull’s bellows of protest.

‘Unhand me, you bandits!’

‘Sir, please keep your voice down’, Bond advised. ‘The security people from Scotland Yard, as well as your staff have been temporarily put out of action and won’t hear you. There’s no sense in needlessly scaring Lady Clementine, is there?’

Panting from exertion in trying to break free, Churchill calmed down, although his eyes still smouldered with rage. The Si-Fan pushed out his chair from the table and put another one in front of it for Fah Lo Suee, who sat down.

‘Now we’re going to have a little talk, Sir Winston. That can’t hurt, can it? Please look into my eyes… yes, that’s it…’

Within seconds, Churchill went limp and his eyes staring as he lost himself in the pools of flaming jade that were the eyes of Fah Lo Suee.

‘Are you sure you can remove Fu’s conditioning in just a few hours?’ Nayland Smith asked, frowning.

‘I’m sure I can’t. I can however disable them by ordering him to disregard any impulses stemming from their subconscious call. Once he no longer listens to the voice of Fu Manchu whispering in his mind, hopefully he’ll allow me to do a more thorough treatment. If so, he should be fully recovered in a few weeks. But he should essentially be master of his own thoughts come morning.’

‘I hope he will realise what we have done for him then.’ Nayland Smith said.

‘So do I.’ Fah Lo Suee said. ‘With this, I have burnt all my bridges with Fu Manchu. I can never return to him, he’ll know I’ve betrayed him and kill me… or worse. You’ve made me a refugee.’

‘Don’t worry Fah. The British Empire will protect you with all it’s might!’

Fah smiled contemptously and cast a lopsided look at her former love. ‘Then I’d better make sure the Empire endures, don’t I? I’m not going to sit idly by while you blunder about trying to prevent the inevitable victory of Fu Manchu.’

‘What do you mean, Fah?’

‘Do I need to spell it out for you? His Majesties Secret Service has just hired a new agent: Me!’​

Last edited:
Fah Lo Suee said:
Do I need to spell it out for you? His Majesties Secret Service has just hired a new agent: Me!

And thus Agent 006 joined the ranks of the secret service... :D Great stuff Yog.

Well HMSS certainly gained an interesting ally. But how do I know this isn't a triple cross in the making? Or a quadruple cross or however many crosses we're up to now? :wacko:

Well, Indy is one hellaciously tough fictional character, and Skorzeny was one hellaciously tough real guy.

Indy's been in more situations that more closely match the Lovecraftian paradigm of the investigative figure who finds himself hopelessly outgunned by the powerful beings of the Cthulhu mythos. He's probably more rattled by his experiences than Skorzeny because of this; though it's not at all clear to me how rattled that is.

Skorzeny, on the other hand, seems to have come through everything with head unbowed.

Dinglehoff said:
I wonder how all these otherworldly and supernatural encounters are wearing on our hero and semi-hero, Indy and Skorzeny.

Any thoughts?

Well, since this is a pulp fiction tribute, I'd say that the heroes won't be affected by the exposure to the things of the Mythos. The villains are onviously not exempt as we can see with Duhrn. Of course he has had more direct dealings, but the genre does have a since of 'justice' which Lovecraft's stories lack. If Indy would appear in a story true to HPL, he'd be dead or insane within 100 'horror' filled pages. :D

Oh dear.

I still maintain that lady Fah is quite capable of having a back-up scheme that would return her to the favour of her father, in case she needs it.

Though of course, she might be satisfied with using Britain to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Arilou said:
I still maintain that lady Fah is quite capable of having a back-up scheme that would return her to the favour of her father, in case she needs it.
I'm not so sure.

Remember that this is a betrayal on a fundamental level; actually a double one if you count the rescue of the Empress of Japan from Fu's assassination attempt. Over the past few months, Fah Lo Suee has probably done more damage to Fu's plans than, for instance, the combined efforts of the entire United States of America.

If any normal person experienced this profound a betrayal, they would almost certainly consider the betrayer to be their permanent enemy, and would never trust them again for any reason. They might cooperate, but never trust.

Moreover, Fah would not have been so angry about the whole thing, or taken the unprecedented step of enlisting in MI6, if she hadn't just burned all her bridges back to her father.

Dinglehoff said:
Did Fu actually "trust" her before this latest betrayal?
Insofar as Fu trusts anyone, yes.

He assumed that he could rely on Fah not to act in a way totally opposite to his general plan. She might try to stage a coup, kill him, and replace him. She might manuever to steal his power base out from under him. He knew that, and he planned for that; she is her father's daughter, after all. But he assumed that she and he were in the same boat and that she wouldn't do anything to sink the boat.

Breaking Fu's hypnosis on Winston Churchill, and rescuing the Empress of Japan, are acts that threaten Fu Manchu's boat with sinking. He can't afford to fight a war with the British Empire right now, and he definitely can't afford to risk losing the support of the Japanese (which he certainly will once they find out that he tried to kill their Empress). The only reason Fah didn't have to flee Pan-Asia after the rescue of the Empress is that Fu did not know, and from her point of view hopefully never would know, that she had anything to do with it. There is no possibility that Fu will not know that Fah is behind the breaking of Churchill's hypnosis, since only Fah could have done it.

So now Fu knows that he can't rely on Fah to not try to destroy everything he's working to accomplish.