• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why is the Communist America shield a picture of Obama?

I was planning to remake the dutch republic, but the communist flag looks even better. I shall have to save the dutch people from the yoke of their bourgouis masters and create The Peoples Republic of the Netherlands! Although the fascist one looks pretty as well. Choices...

Its funny taking the flag which represented the vanguard of democracy in the German Empire in the Interwar Period, for a fascist state :)

Maybe they were aiming for the Prussian Free State flag during Nazi times. Problem there is that the eagle's got a swastika on it's chest, so they probably just took the other one. And I think it still fits rather nicely for a fascist party. The black and white of Prussia in general lends itself to the more authoritarian flags.

Transylvanian fascist flag is by far the best!
SIE_fascist.png

Vampire bat coat of arms :rofl:

Those flags look amazing, now to wait till VP ports it to Mac, and then enjoy the bounty of flags :D

Would you prefer it were a picture of his birth certificate?

Haha, they couldn't use that because they can't find it, silly! :rofl:

I don't really believe Obama is a secret Muslim/immigrant.

Nice choice. I didn't even notice that, even though Manhattan Commune was my favorite ahistorical country in V1. Now the question is, who would win in a war between Communist New England and Fascist Manhattan? ;)

I say Fascist Manhattan wins the conventional war, but the Red Yankees put up a spirited resistance afterwards.

So... I assume bourgeois dictatorship counts as a republic?

Bourgeois Dictatorship is an Anarcho-Liberal authoritarianism, so I don't think it counts as monarchy, communism, or fascism. Either it's a republic or it uses the "default" flag.

Dictatorships which aren't quite fascist will most likely use the Republic flag, as usually they style themselves as such (The only exception I can think of is Hungary, which claimed to still be a monarchy until the end of WWII).