• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 28: The Great North American War

Chapter 28: The Great North American War

The Swedish King, surrendered Sweden to France after their hopeless resistances of maintaining their tyrannical rule.

screensave41.jpg

France, 1896, easily the greatest ever nation on the planet Earth.

screensave43.jpg

The Tsar was reluctant on giving up his rule, and he always managed to escape from his palace and negotiate with us.

screensave49.jpg

In the 19th century France was with many firsts, including the first empty province.

screensave50.jpg

January 7, 1898

in a cabinet meeting

General Bearn: "... I have something to say, an US warship, USS Maine, exploded near Cuba, a colony ruled by the Spanish government."

"This is such a news. I read it on the newspaper already. It seemed to be a Spanish torpedo. Have you contacted the Spanish government? Charles?" I say.

"I have talked with the Spanish ambassador, he said that though their warships were around, they aren't armed with torpedos." Charles replied.

"We should be mediating, shouldn't we?" Jean suggests.

"What if the Americans don't listen to us?" Charles questioned.

General Bearn laughs: "Haha, if they dare to... I have prepared troops on the border for long. I was always worrying if the US suddenly go for our holdings in North America."

"Our intelligence report shows that the Americans have about 1,700,000 men in active service, along with some tens of thousands of reserves. They also have a modern navy." Frank reminded.

"Be confident people, I have already drawn up a plan to fight the American army. I'll not tell at this moment." Bearn says.

"Let's hope things the incident doesn't escalate into a war..."

Jan 28, 1898. Emergency carbinet meeting.

"As we all know, the United States of America declared war against Spain. As we know, Spain is a member of our European Federation, that means that we are at war with the USA now." Charles says.

"From the documents I have in my hand, our North American Command had about 170 divisions, together with the fresh reinforcements." I say.

"Huh, when is it 170? It was only like 50 divisions." Jean is quite confused.

"Because most are new recruits with little or no combat experience, together with a few experienced corps I just shipped there." Bearn explains.

"That don't sounded good." Jean says.

"Don't worry about that too much, I have contructed secret fortifications along the border. Concrete Bunkers, artillery, and machine guns. The Americans at least can't breakthrough our lines without enough preparation." Bearn says.

screensave55.jpg

"It is time for me to show my plan people! I have organized our troops into two groups, one would strike through North Dakota, one would strike through Maine..."

"... our main strike force through North Dakota would then try to advance to Louisiana, to isolate the American Armies." Bearn says.

"That sounded a nice plan. Are we shipping further men to North America?" I asked.

"We don't have spare troops at the moment, our Armies are fighting the Russian imperialists. So if our plan failed this war could drag on for long." Bearn replies.

"I know that our navies are sailing to shell the Americans to dust. Let's hope your plan worked."

screensave56.jpg

screensave57.jpg

An invasion of the US is certainly ambitious. Good luck. :)

Chapter 29: The Yankees are serious!

Chapter 29: The Yankees are serious!

9 p.m., 6 Feb 1898, Quebec, in a tent near the American-French Border

Charles: "Guys! Tmr we'll be storming the American positions in Easton, make sure the telephone wires are working so we'll get artillery support."

Muller: "We... we're going to fight the Amerikaners tmr?"

Charles: "Do your best and we'll get through, we have a lot of artilleries. I think they'll start the shelling before we attack."

Leonardo: "Artillery! I thought that it is the privilege of the elite divisions to have artillery support."

Charles: "No longer, artillery is readily available after we defeated Britain. I think we're equipped with the latest 105mm Howitzers for bombardment, we have also 75mm Howitzers for direct fire support. Life wasn't so easy for your fathers 30 years ago."

Muller: "I wasn't born yet at that time, If I recall correctly from my history classes that France fought against the evil alliance of the German Federation. Oh, I come from Leipzig, I have heard stories of heroic French army fighting there."

Leonardo: "Ha, I come from Milan and we're liberated from the oppressive Austrians in that war. Let's liberate the Yankees from the oppressors of the United States of America."

Muller: "I think I have heard of horrible stories that Yankees slauntering entire villages and towns they entered in the wars."

Charles: "That's no story. Anyway guys better sleep early, the barrage would start at 6 a.m. next morning and we'll charge at half pass six."

Next morning, 5:55 a.m.

Muller: "When.. when is the barrage?"

Charles: "Be patient, in a few minutes."

Leonardo: "I think the gunners better not forget to wake up on time."

Charles: "Don't worry, I think they have good swiss watches."

**distant noise of artillery firing**

Muller: "Gr... great, shell the Yankees to dust!"

Leonardo: "You looked nervous."

Muller: "Am... am I? Why there are no yankees yelling?"

Leonardo: "Probably dust don't know to yell."

The intense shelling lasted for about 30 minutes, Captain Charles is ready to lead the charge.

Charles: "Go go go! Leave the trenches now."

Charles: "Charge! Liberate the Americans!"

**distant guns firing**

Charles: "Huh, they are still firing?"

a shell landed about 40 meters away from the position of Charles, right on the assembly point of B squad.

Muller: "Wh... the guns are firing at our own men!"

Charles: "Get back to the trenches! This doesn't sounded right!"

It was an american artillery barrage, fortunately it doesn't lasted long, but unfortunately it disrupted the initial attack.

Leonardo: "Whoa, a shell just fly over my head. The Yankees are so serious and they know very well we're here."

Charles: "Darn, I think they destroyed our telephone lines, we lost contact with the HQ."

Muller: "We... we still charge right?"

Charles: "The order is to charge, so we'll still do it. Leave the trenches right now."

Captain Charles and his squad advanced near an american position.

Muller: "This is a bit quiet."

Leonardo: "And cold."

Charles: "You two better stop talking before a mortar shell land on us."

Charles: "OK, all our men are arrived, 3, 2,...1 charge!"

"Smoke is ready!"

"Charge!!!!"

The american machine guns opened fire, as well as the brand new bolt-action rifles. Rain of bullet, mortar shells fell on Captain Charle's Company, many are killed.

Charles: "Hell! Retreat! Smoke cover!"

Muller: "Darn, they al.. almost got me. A bullet was flying right next to my ear."

Leonardo: "You're too nervous. I wonder what would happen if we're without the smoke, though."

screensave63.jpg

In the first day around 8000 soldiers are lost in action. With not even a single breakthrough through the US line defensive line.

General Dalaflotte knows very well that he'll cannot defeat the US Easton Garrison with his men, he ordered a withdrawal. The hope would be put on the French advance in Bangor. That way the Easton Garrison would be isolated and defeated more easily.

Last edited:
Well you ran into a little problem, but nothing can stop the French! :)

Chapter 30: Plots

Chapter 30: Plots

In a war-time meeting...

Bearn: "I have something to announce, our troops have punched a hole in the 49th parallel, our troops are pouring through the hole to the hearts of USA."

"That's good news. That'll avenge our defeats in Easton." I exclaimed.

Bearn: "No worries, the stubborn defenders of Easton would be regret of defending."

screensave66j.jpg

In Billings...

Ninon: "Who is in charge of the Americans? He looked tough."

Jean: "Erm, it is MacArthur."

Ninon: "**cough** he is too dangerous."

Fermi: "**cough** Do that to him?"

Ninon: "**cough** We have the resources right?"

Fermi: "No worries."

screensave69.jpg

In a cabinet meeting...

Bearn: "A good news and a bad news."

"What bad news." I ask.

"Bad news is that our attempt to seize New York failed." Bearn replied.

"argh..."

"Good news is that our troops seized Bangor, we've isolated the Easton garrisons."

"How do you remove the threat of the Easton Garrisons? We can't advance without taking that fortress out."

"We'll level Easton to ground."

"..."

screensave71.jpg

In Billings...

Hanz: "Fiiire! Teach the Yankees a lesson!"

A thousand artillery guns are directly at the HQ of the American army, the shelling lasted for about an hour....

Pierre: "Report! That place is entirely demolished. As our scouts checked there are no living things within our shelling radius."

Hanz: "A waste of artillery shell. Totally overkill IMO, poor Yanks."

The Americans went onto a retreat after their horrible defeat at Billings...

screensave73.jpg

In a cabinet meeting...

Jean: "Good news everyone, the king of Burma surrendered to us."

"The Russians are still resisting huh."

"Those are of no threat. They're troopsless. We'll soon liberate all of Russia."

screensave77.jpg

In Easton...

Leonardo: "Hey bro, I heard that this time we have 4000 medium to heavy artilleries on our side."

Muller: "I know, it is impossible to sleep at night, you know, those noises of our artillery firing, and this time screaming Yankees."

Leonardo: "It is somehow boring to stay in the trenches like this."

Muller: "Better than being mowed down charging the machine guns."

The shelling is almost continuous and lasted for an entire of 24 hours, it is sort of boring as a French soldier, but they have still to watch out for suicidal Yankee charges. Several attempts of Yankees breakout have been repelled...

"Arghhhhh this is enough! Chargeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Charles: "Bloody Yankees are charging! Get ready boys!"

Muller: "Muwhaha this time we have the machine guns."

Leonardo: "Some actions finally!"

The fighting is a total massacre, waves and waves of Yankees falled under the cruel machine gun and rifle fire.

Leonardo: "Whoa, they just keep coming."

Muller: "Damn I don't have much bullets left!"

Finally, the remainder of the Easton Garrison surrendered. Very few Yankees survived the horrible shellings and most who survived are killed in their breakout attempts.

screensave78.jpg

Fastest two days ever.:p

Chapter 31: Brave Yankees!

In a cabinet meeting:

“Our troops achieved considerable breakthrough and is going to have a huge pocket of 20 Yankee divisions” Bearn says.

“The Yankees are of no match of our experienced commanders!”

screensave81.jpg

“Another good news is that we have isolated 8 stubborn Yankee divisions in Portland, and is advancing south to New York. There is not much to stop us.”

screensave82.jpg

In New York, Manhattan…

Muller: “Wow this is NYC! We have captured NYC!”

Leonardo: “This is too easy. Where all the Yanks go?”

Charles: “Watch out for angry Yankees on the street, don’t be careless

screensave85.jpg

In my office…

“Report! One Russian loyalist fraction surrendered.”

screensave86.jpg

With the capture of New York, another 8 Yankee divisions are isolated and ready to be destroyed. However, the Americans decided to launch an counterattack to save their trapped brothers.

The Yankees are no doubt very brave soldiers, however their commanders are probably rookies to send their men against the French artilleries. Some news reporter wrote that it is “horrible massacre of Yankees”. We believe that we have completely annihilated a division of Yankees in day 1.

screensave154.jpg

In Sioux Falls…

“Crap, there are just too many Yankees!”

“They must be trying to save their brothers trapped in the pocket, that’s 20 divisions, not a small number.”

“Darn, we can’t hold on for much longer without more men.”

screensave162.jpg

The Americans also tried to break our lines in Minneapolis… Frankly, we don’t know what the Americans are thinking, is the US president trapped in the pocket? That’s unlikely.

screensave164.jpg

So your war is going reasonably well. I must say I'm rather disappointed in the Yanks' performance. :(
Good work.

So your war is going reasonably well. I must say I'm rather disappointed in the Yanks' performance. :(
Good work.

They do have a lot of men(probably more than that I have in North America), just the AI is poor at maneuvering their troops. I have encircled 18 divisions in the very beginning. That gave me an advantage over the Yanks. :cool:

Chapter 32: No one step backwards!

Chapter 32: No one step backwards!

The battle of Sioux Falls is much more intensive than it was expected, it seemed that the Americans want to rescue their trapped brothers very bad.

The American strike force are mainly light infantry units, equipped with mortars and light howitzers. However the glorious French army there was not equipped with any heavy equipments either. Some very average divisions with no combat experience is having tough time fending off the Americans.

Knowing that losing Sioux Falls would mean that the trapped American divisions would escape and very likely to ruin the plan of the French central strike force. Orders are made to hold Sioux Falls at all cost.

screensave166.jpg

In the East Coast, the situation is getting better after further encirclement of about 11 divisions. After annihilating the troops in the pockets the battlefield initiative would fall completely to our hands.

General Bearn is happy with the results, which he exclaimed as “Superior French Leadership.” There could be a bit of bias, because many men are recruited from Canada!

screensave168.jpg

Any bits of spare troops are devoted to hold Sioux Falls. The arrival of reinforcements seemed to make any American hope of rescue impossible.

screensave169.jpg

Surprisingly, the Americans continued their hopeless efforts and lost a considerable amount of men in action. Without doubt the Americans are giving away their battlefield initiatives. They have no longer spare troops to stop us. They seemed not to know that the divisions in the pocket are already destroyed.

screensave170.jpg

The battle of Sioux Falls is without doubt a total failure for the Americans. We don’t really know who is so important in the pocket that is worth to lose the entire of USA.

screensave171.jpg

As our documents revealed, our armies should be free to march in central USA after Sioux Falls. We were capturing some unimportant territories and now are moving to the more populated areas of the USA. One thing worth to note is that we did not see anything that looked important in Aberdeen, a place that the Americans wanted back so desperately.

screensave172.jpg

The Americans fought very stubbornly in Watertown, a lot of brave soldiers are killed in action. However this cannot prevent the 50000 Yankees from being completely annihilated, freeing up a considerable amount of troops for offensive.

screensave179.jpg

Chapter 33: Are they sacrificing too much?

Chapter 33: Are they sacrificing too much?

The glorious French Army has encircled another 10 divisions in Wisconsin. We are destroying the Americans quick.

screensave187.jpg

Meanwhile our boring sailors finally engaged the US Navy…

Seaman A: “Report! 10 American vessels sighted! They are trying to dash southwards!.”

Admiral Ninon: “The Yankees must be trying to escape from the ports the army just captured, engage!”

Seaman B: “We have sighted fishes heading to us! The darn Yankees are serious!”

Admiral Ninon: “Tell our steamers to block off the torpedoes.”

Seaman B: “Yes admiral.”

The US ships are of no match of the battleships of France, though their torpedoes caused some casualties all American vessels are sunk.

screensave191.jpg

The capture of Washington is of perfect progress just 1 year after the beginning of war. In the major cities of France there are already celebrations. The war is far from over yet, however.

screensave192.jpg

The Americans amassed some good amount of troops in attempt to recapture Washington. Despite the amount of artillery the Yankees massed they are unable to make any progress. A lot of Yankees died charging the French machine guns.

screensave193.jpg

Our armies attacked the Americans with superior force, it is sort of unfair to the Yankees as they don’t even have a chance to fight properly when under rains of artillery fire.

screensave195.jpg

Another massacre of American troops at Harrisburg.

screensave196.jpg

Our generals estimated to have killed at least half a million yanks since the start of war. Many Americans lost faith in their government. We heard that the Americans begin to use child labour to make their war needs. However our spies report that the Americans still have many many troops. Probably many are made up of childrens and old men.

screensave198.jpg

Our central strike force arrived at Ohio, meeting with the troops from the East Coast.

screensave200.jpg

Chapter 34: The Fall of USA

Chapter 34: The Fall of USA

Situation, September 1899. Most of the populous area of the USA are captured except California. Estimate of about 100 American divisions are destroyed.

screensave212.jpg

The American rallied 300k troops near Kentucky, trying to turn the tide... unfortunately, it is a bit late for them to hire a smarter commander.

screensave213.jpg

Not many Americans escaped from Kentucky. The American public no longer believe in their president and generals.

screensave215.jpg

Most of the Americans agreed to surrender to us. The war lasted for 2 years. In the devastating war about 1.8 million Americans are killed, our loses are well within 500k.

screensave227.jpg

screensave217.jpg

As the American general public would like to join France. As a result the truce is broken.

screensave228.jpg

The remainder of the American arms force are of no opposition.

screensave233.jpg

The last American holding on North America, Seattle. According to our estimation around 300k Americans are killed in the occupation with around 50k French casualties.

screensave236.jpg

Last edited:
So the US has fallen. :(
Congratulations. :)

Jeez, now THAT is awesome...:) You make me play the French...:rofl:

Good job!

Jeez, now THAT is awesome...:) You make me play the French...:rofl:

Good job!

This AAR is more a HOI2 AAR than a Vicky AAR :p

Who would be the first to reproduce this on Vicky 2? :rofl: That might be tough if there are now coalitions.

So the US has fallen. :(
Congratulations. :)

Such a swift victory is surprising even for me. Consider that they have so many divisions with such an advanced tech.

Last edited:
Chapter 35: Banzai!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 35: Banzai!!!!!!!!!!

In 1901, the news of French victory in the Great North American War quickly spread to almost all parts of the world, even as far in the former Russian city of Vladivostok. We have to note that the trans-Siberian railroad is still in construction and messages were hard to transmit back in 1900s. Though wireless telegraphy is developed, it is mostly restricted to the Navy and some parts of Europe. Messages have to go through telegraph wires from Europe to India, then via the other means such as mail to the Far East.

Vladivostok is a port city bordering Korea, recently liberated from the Russians. It was bordering both the Qing Empire of China, and Korea of the Empire of Japan. A multi-ethnic garrison patrols the Manchurian and Korea border.

Meyer and Pierre are in a same patrol group, they’ll patrol the borders from 6 p.m. to 12 p.m., and their jobs are no easy as they have to watch out for smugglers and intruders.

Meyer: “Hey bro, it is about time to start our job.”

Pierre: “Another boring night…”

Meyer: “Well, maybe in the near future, we’ll no longer need the military. I heard that our troops are doing very well liberating the American continent.”

Pierre: “You mean our recent war with the USA? I heard that it is one bloody, destructive war, I am quite worried of one of my relatives in the 20th Corps.”

Meyer: “20th Corps! You should be proud of your relative, it is one very famous all-winning army. Don’t worry too much about that.”

Pierre and Meyer were out in the border, it was a cold, windy night.

Pierre: “You guys may leave now, we’re arrived.”

Soon after the two guys on duty left…

Meyer: “… hey, do you see those suspicious footprints? Recently there were many footprints so this kind.”

Pierre: “This is hell cold here, and you’re paying attention to footprints? Those are just prints left by either you or a bear.”
Meyer: “… I don’t think those are mine, they just don’t fit with our issued boots, those are clearly human footprints. There were such footprints for like 2 months”

Pierre: “Smugglers? Who is doing smuggling business in this coldness?”

Meyer: “I don’t know, we should pay more attention to our sector then, we need to find out who is the guy.”

Pierre: “Maybe you’re right… Shall we report to our leader? “

Meyer: “He laughed at it, he warned me to beware of being eaten by bears.”

Pierre: “Shhhhh, I seemed to hear something.”

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….”

Meyer: “That’s one horrible scream from Peter’s sector. Bears are out this late at night? Darn, that scream really sounded Peter’s.”

Pierre: “I don’t know… Hope he is fine.”

They finished their patrol and returned to their camps.

“Peter and Charles are still not back, they should have returned at 9.” said John.

Meyer: “Huh? We did heard horrible screams from Peter’s sector a while after we started patrolling.”

John: “HUH?!!”

Louis (leader): “That doesn’t sound right, come with me to Peter’s sector!”

Pierre: “4 people for Bear hunt?”

Louis: “You dumb, I don’t think that a bear could kill two of our men at once.”

Louis and his team rushed to the sector patrolled by Peter and Charles…

Meyer: “Look! There is someone lying there!”

Louis: “God, that’s Charles!”

Charles was heavily injured and could barely open his eyes… he was stabbed by a dagger.

Charles: “man…man in bla..black….Peter…fight….”

Louis: “Charles!”

Meyer: “He’s dead.”

John: “Blood! There is some blood over there!”

They found only the rifle of Peter… Peter’s body cannot be found after even an hour of search.

Louis: “It seemed that the rumour is true…”

Pierre: “What rumour?”

Louis: “There are ninjas operating in our territory.”

“Ninjas?” people exclaimed.

Louis: “If I were to cook up an explanation, it can only be that, Peter sighted some suspicious people, and the Ninja attacked Peter and Charles. Maybe the Ninja was injured by Peter so Charles managed to escape.”

Pierre: “That’s horrible, ninjas make their victims disappear…”

Meyer: “What are those ninjas doing in our land? We had nothing to do with the Japanese.”

Louis: “I have to report this to our commander. We’ll have to investigate the dagger to make the situation clearer.”

Louis: “Also, be alert these nights, the death of Peter and Charles is by no means just an incident. It could be happening again.”

Pierre: “Shoot… shoot all suspicious targets?”

Louis: “I heard that ninjas are very well trained and your shooting might not work, I’d rather want you to report your sighting alive.”

Charles was buried with the issued shovels… and the 4 people returned to the camp.

Next morning…

Louis: “Started from today, all patrols are increased to a group of 4, it’d be a bit more demanding for you guys, and here is the new timetable, effective immediately.”

Pierre: “gosh, my nights, gone.”

Meyer: “You lazy bastard.”

This night, Pierre, Meyer, John and Dominico are on duty…

Meyer: “Guys, you may leave now! We’re arrived.”

Andrew: “Fine, good luck.”

Suddenly, Meyer made a signal “to stay low”.

Meyer (in a low voice): “Do you guys hear something?”

Pierre: “Huh?... Yes, that sound is… approaching…”

John: “It sounded some good amount of horse. God, the earth is shaking.”

Dominico: “Isn’t this just some earthquake?...”
Andrew: “Guys! I think we better take cover, this don’t sounded right.”

Sounds of shootings are heard, from the C sector…

“BANZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Horrifyingly loud scream is heard from horrifyingly many voices.

Pierre: “This… is ninja army?”

Just after the group settled down in cover, they saw a huge group of Cavalry charging across the border.

John: “Open… open fire?”

Andrew: “Shhhh! You idiot, we’ll just die meaninglessly if we go against them directly.”

After the cavalries left their sight…the stream of cavalries lasted for an hour.

Andrew: “Here comes the Japanese. To my experience, our best chance is to operate behind their lines and wreck some havoc.”

Pierre: “We have only 8 men and 8 rifles, 50 rounds for each of us.”

Meyer: “That should be enough to attack their logistics or murdering lone personnel. Don’t forget our rifles are nice, new bolt-operated ones. Just make every shot count.”

Meyer: “Still, I am so shocked, we have nothing to do with the Japanese, and this attack is a bit arbitrary… we Far East garrisons aren’t all rookies though, they’ll learn a lesson here.”

screensave237.jpg

THB, the war with Korea-Japan may prove to be more difficult than the one with the US.

Late-game industrialized East Asia tends to have scary troop density.

THB, the war with Korea-Japan may prove to be more difficult than the one with the US.

Late-game industrialized East Asia tends to have scary troop density.

I believe, in that 199 military score, at least 180 are land divisions... Perhaps up to even 190... fortunately the US is already over or else it could be really tricky, pre-emptive strike? The AI is smart :p Or you just never know what the Japanese are thinking.