• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, i didn't read about the Estonia thing properly. We were taught in school that we are a part of scandinavia.

Generally speaking were not. As Scandinavia refers to Sweden, Norway and Denmark who all share a similar origin, culture and language.
As Finland was part of Sweden and our second language is swedish some people argue that we are part of Scandinavia. But as the Finnish people come from different origins and "tribes" as our nordic neighbours, we are not Scandinavian :)

Hope I'm not beeing rude but I assume you went to a swedish school?

EDIT: This is getting off-topic

Last edited:
now i know you fins are crazy...you have deep rooted identity issues!!!

hehe )))

SM: Thanks! When can I buy this game on line? Where do I get the beta version? Tagwyn (AACW) :D

The Beta was a closed one, you had to send in a form and get selected and sign an NDA so that you will not release any information.

Singleton Mosby has a press-release version, as he is a reviewer.

He did not have to sign an NDA, so he can share this AAR with us.

On another note, CRUSH THE COMMUNISTS WITH THE RIGHTEOUS FINNISH ARMY!

*Ahem*

That was not my 50% Finnish blood telling me to say that. ;) :D

Why would he have gone to a Swedish school?:confused:

If you didnt know in Finland some 300 000 people (5% of the whole population) speak swedish as their native language altough beeing Finnish, hence swedish speaking Finns :) They have their own schools in swedish and I tought that if he went to a swedish speeking school they might have taught him that Finland is part of scandinavia.
If that make sence :rolleyes:

EDIT: back on topic; when's the next update Mosb? :)

Didn't you say this wasn't in your build when I suggested that you play the December 1941 scenario as the Soviets? :confused:

Yes I said indeed.....but I was wrong. And only found out yesterday when I was making the screenshot. Tried to search for your post in which you asked but couldn't find it.

I know I can give you something to forgive me.....an update!

Chapter Two: “Prepare for revenge”, part II
Mannerheim paced up and down his headquarters. “So, we have just 50 brigades with which to fight through the Soviet defences, whipping the Leningrad Front. During the Winter War they outnumbered us five to one, at the moment there might be three of them for one of us. The only big difference, they are dug in this time. We attack.”

nx72iw.jpg

Stroking his moustache (does he have one?) the general looked at the Finnish OOB. ”We have to hold their troops defending Murmansk and the rail line. So, four or five divisions will be held up there if we defend with the bare minimum. I propose something differently.” Now he turned around to eye the assembled generals and smiled. ”It won't be easy though. We shall have to be patient.” He paced again to the map and his hands drew an imaginary line from Konigsberg through Pskov towards Leningrad. ”We can assume the Soviet tactics, or lack thereof, will be the same we have seen in all of their wars. They will attack and do nothing but attack. If we are patient and lull them into security they might as well draw a good number of their troops from the border and attack our German allies with every division they can find.” He violently pointed his finger at Eastern-Prussia while he spoke the last words and then turned around.

”It is not our turn yet good sirs. We our time will come but this will be the battle of the politicians. They will have to make the Soviets assume we will stay neutral and not interfere with their war.”
nxt376.jpg

”Now, before we call this meeting a day we will take a look at the composition of our forces.”

312jn05.jpg

2lsv795.jpg

2j4rkzk.jpg

vhufra.jpg

Stroking his moustache (does he have one?)
He has moustache, but he does not stroke as he is too cool to do that:rolleyes:

And now is the time to rush to Leningrad with über Finnish cavalry:D

EDIT: Why doesn't the number of units -pie show the amount of units?

Stroking his moustache (does he have one?)​

It seems he did

Mannerheim3.jpg

Nice background you get there. It seems like a scandinavian one though even if finnish are not scandinavian :rolleyes:

So your strategy is to wait until russians troups are going to meet german assault and then strike when you see the number of units diminish ?

Does that mean you will invest in diplomacy to lower your threat (but it seems to be at 0 right now) and in espionage to have a good view at russian troups ?

Do you have technology to build a radar station to help in intelligence ?

Do you plan to build more troups ?​

Finnish ppl were only scandinavians when you were part of Sweden ;). Now you are just basically "nordic"

nah, Scandinavia is named after Scandinavian peninsula, being a part of sweden doesnt make us part of that peninsula, eh :D Instead we are part of Fennoscandia, which consists of scandinavia, finland, kola penisula and karelia.

Hope thats enough of geography. :rofl:

So its basically a waiting game...

Might I suggest that you cut off the soviet northern peninsula ( Kola? )... But your first objective will be taking leningrad before the krautzies arrive.

Cheers;
Nick

I assume the lack of ART everywhere is just a press-beta thing.

E: And about the scandinavia thing. I think it's better to stop here, than have a flame war about a stupid subject, or derail the thread.

Last edited:
Somehow it feels weird to read of Mannerheim speaking English to his staff :wacko:

No, that wasn't a promise to do a Finland AAR in Finnish, if anyone thought so.