• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
September 16th 1774 AD

Dear Diary,

I'm Zikmund, Fourth of that name, younger brother to the late lamented Ludvik the Fourth.

1NewMonarch251772.jpg

After taking advantage of the Ottoman-Poland War and snatching some provinces from the Turks it's now time to leave the European theater behind in my opinion. Decades ago our ancestors made their way along the African coasts towards Ceylon and Malaysia. It's time to remember them and expandour dominion in Asia. Majapahit and Sunda are the main indigenous nations of the Spice Islands, locked in a personal union. We have one small armie in the region already and I ordered a new main Asian army to conquer the islands.

2MajapahitExtraArmy991772.jpg
3DoWMajapahit2211774.jpg

The new army attacked Sumatra, while the Indian Corps stationed in the Sarawak province headed for Sabah.

4Armies2811774.jpg

Three months after the declaration of war the Indian Corps is playing hide and seek with the Majapahitan armies on Borneo, while the main army on Sumatra slowly makes it's way form the north to the south.

5SituationMajapahit2641774.jpg

Last July a bunch of provinces previously conquered from the Ottomans, already three wars or so ago are given the core status.

6NewCores271774.jpg

Surprisingly the Ottomans have enough of our constant bashing them and declare war on us themselves, something they've only done once before, at least a hundred years ago. As our European armies are mostly stationed along the border with Poland itll take them some time to get south.

7OttomanDoW1691774.jpg

@all: Hey, good to be back. I do miss some posts asking why I didn't update so long, like Babington-Smyth got :) I also regret to have to admit that I miss those posts. Now I seem jealous, which I'm not. Merely an inferiority complex. Seriously. Keep the compliments coming. ;)
More on topic, I will do/have done as you ask and given the Turks another run for their money. More on that in the next few days.

@Enewald: They're not yet out of Europe yet though. Doubt I'll get them that far, with their capital on European soil and all that. But I appreciate the back-up. :)

@democratickid: I like your upgraded Inkwell entry.

@comagoosie: You know, even though you post in almost every AAR, it's still your answers that I await the most, among others. :)

If you're wondering what all the personal stuff is about: I'm quite tired right now and I'm kind of uncertain about my job. Not necessarely losing it, but being transfered someplace else, while I'm quite happy where I am now and frankly have no intention to go anywhere else. If they do, I might just go search another job.

@democratickid: I like your upgraded Inkwell entry.

Really? Thank you! What do you like about it? Comments? Criticisms? :D

Really? Thank you! What do you like about it? Comments? Criticisms? :D

The looks, and the work you've obviously put in it. It' very colorful, but not too much. And it's clear. I didn't know you had made so many AAR's by the way.

@comagoosie: You know, even though you post in almost every AAR, it's still your answers that I await the most, among others. :)
:eek:...:cool:

Definitely added to my inkwell. Speaking of Inkwell, demokratickid's is quite colorful. But if you scroll a little farther down, you see the dark and dreaded userbars of comagoosie :p

Anyways, I hope work turns better for you! In this economy anything can happen.

The looks, and the work you've obviously put in it. It' very colorful, but not too much. And it's clear. I didn't know you had made so many AAR's by the way.

Thank you! :D Yup, all but the Ireland series were unsuccessful, though... :(

April 27th 1775 AD

Dear Diary,

Our Balkan and greek armies moved swiftly into Ottoman and Wallachian territory to punish them for their arrogance, thinking they can defeat us when we've defeated them several times earlier. Two other armies, among which mine came from up further north guarding the Polish border nd would need some time to catch up.

9Armies1691774.jpg

By Christmas 1774 all of Wallachia was under occupation as well as several Ottoman border provinces. The Second Balkan Army under command of Ignac Kladno made it's way toward Constantinople, which was conquered lately, as I heard from a messenger earlier today.

10SituationWar25121774.jpg
14SiegeWonKonstantiniyye2741775.jpg

So after a few days rest the armies began marching again. I moved out to defeat an Ottoman force that had invaded the Ohrid province.

11Armies511775.jpg

Three months later it was time to mop up the last Ottoman resistance in the Balkans.

13Armies241775.jpg

Meanwhile at the Reichenburg Court the advisers agreed on introducing a Church Attendance Duty, forcing people to go to church at least once a month, hoping it would make the people more quiet and obedient.

12NewIdea321775.jpg

I suppose you picked an ok NI, Church attendence. You aren't really dropping stability that much. You normally hover around +2 and +3, no? But I guess it is frustrating to have to wait a while to get bumped up from +2. Darn all EU3 perfectionists....wait...I do the same thing too :D

Ottos better run for the hills.

April 16th 1776 AD

Dear Diary,

The army of Ignac Kladno, which has guarded Constantinople for a few months now and is back at full strenght, is being sent to defeat the last Dulkadirognuan army in Bohemia. The Greek Army, our second largest, is sent to cross the Sea of Marmara into Izmid.

15Armies271775.jpg

Both battles are won, although a lot of infantry is lost in Izmid. The army of Dulkadiroglu that was sieging Athens is reduced to an empty hull.

16BattleWonIzmid281775.jpg
17BattleWonAttica4101775.jpg

After word has reached them of the latest defeat of their army the court of Dulkadiroglu decides peace is the best way, yet again in October 1775.

18SeperatePeaceDulkadiroglu4101775.jpg

The Ottomans have some strenght left in Asia Minor though and fight on another half a year after a mostly cavalry army defeats the Greek Army in an ambush.

19BattleLostIzmid6111775.jpg

After the worst of winter passed the 1st Balkan Army crosses the Bosporus and defeats a much smaller Ottoman army sieging still sieging our earlier gains in Izmid.

20BattleWonIzmid211776.jpg

Early February the stage is set to repeat previous conquest in Asia Minor. A standoff remains in Dobrogea and Besarabia, where my army and an Ottoman one of roughly equal strenght look at eachother while we are still sieging Silistra, capital of the Dobrogea province.

21SituationWar211776.jpg

After nine months of sieging Silistra opens it's gates and in April 1776 all of Dobrogea is under our control. Together with some advances in Asia Minor this is enough for the Ottomans to consider giving in to our modest demands.

22SiegeWonDobrogea841776.jpg

23PeaceOttomans1641776.jpg

The Ottomans are being driven away from Balkans, much slower than they came. Shame.
And Russia shall be Ottoman for one more century to come, which is also a great shame.
Conquering is not easy in eu3 sometimes...

June 14th 1777 AD

Dear Diary,

One situation solved and another one is already knocking on our doorstep. The Polish ambassador handed me a Polish Declaration of war today.

27PolandDoW1461777.jpg

A year ago we signed a peace agreement with the Ottomans, who are still slowly recovering and we were on our way to mop up resistance in Majapahit and Sunda. Both Sumatra and Borneo where fully conquered by June 1776.

24SituationMajapahit1461776.jpg

In December the western part of Java, the homeland of the kingdom of Sunda was also conquered and the king of Sunda agreed to cede the northern and western parts of Borneo to Bohemia, as well as a part of Sumatra and the island before the eastern coast of Sumatra.

25SundaConquered20121776.jpg
26PeaceMajapahit21121776.jpg