• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well that was an unexpected turn of events. I see what you mean about the circumstances of the next Polish war being not to your liking. Still - fight them all the way!

@coz1: Hmm, it was not exactly up to me to decide to which extent we would fight them. Portugal decided for me. :(

@Enewald: They'll get what they deserve.

@democratickid: :D Yes, that's entirely true. I'm lucky it didn't take that long to get a new monarch. 2 more updates with the regency and then you'll see the next Behomian king in action.

@comagoosie: Not so much in the mood for a long war at the time...

January 9th 1765 AD

Entry by Lessing, Court Painter at Reichenburg Castle.

In November 1762 the Bohemian island group Temassek, south of the Malayan peninsula in Asia, was declared a full part of the Empire.

19NewCore1111762.jpg

Also in November that year the Ottomans seemed to slightly get the upper hand against the Polish. Ottoman armies neared the capital city Krakow while the Polish armies still rampaged through rather unimportant taiga.

20Ottoman-PolandWar43111762.jpg

A new reform of the military inspired by Portuguese army advisers led to new kind of troops in the army with better organization and morale.

21LT35421763.jpg

In the summer of 1763 king Louis of France, twenty third of that name became Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire.

22NewEmperor1361763.jpg

During that summer the Polish mustered enough men to drive the Ottoman armies away from Krakow for the greatest part.

23Ottoman-PolandWar52961763.jpg

A year later the Ottomans launched another campaign that led them into Lithuanian lands. But still the war was very inconclusive. Neither side gets the upper hand and neither is willing to give in.

25Ottoman-PolandWar6971764.jpg

By June 1764 the Baltic Fleet, ordered by the late Ladislav the Third, was completed.

24BalticFleetCompleted1961764.jpg

The inhabitants of the island of Kerkyra meanwhile resisted the attampted conversions to Catholicism. In Thessalia the attempt succeeded.

26Conversions911765.jpg

Pesky Turks. It seems they are gaining in the Polish heartland while the Poles concentrate in the northeast. And from the above screenie, they are right on your door too.

April 15th 1767 AD

Entry by Lessing, Court Painter at Reichenburg Castle.

As the years pass the Ottomans and Polish continue their struggle. The war has been raging from 1760 onwards and still there is no end in sight. Both sides keep conquering, losing and reconquering provinces. It will probably take a third party intervening to end it. With our heir nearing adulthood, it might be Bohemia.

Poland-Ottoman1765_1767.gif

Our spy department rate the Polish and Ottoman armies sixth and seventh respectively in size. However the Ottomans have slightly lesser quality armies. Their allies on the other hand are more powerful then the Polish. Bohemia has the fourth largest army in the world at this point.

31ArmiesComparison2171766.jpg

Furthermore our spies have now provided false claims on the Polish province of Heves.

29ClaimsHeves1251766.jpg

Another sidenote: The muslim majority on the island of Kerkyra has finally converted to Catholicism mostly.

32ConversionSuccKerkyra1541767.jpg

Last edited:
@balkanite & comagoosie: No way I'm ever going to declare war on France in the remainder of this game! They're waaaay bigger then me, have waaaay more soldiers then me (+-450K :wacko:), not to mention they're also waay more advanced in everything then me... :(

@Enewald: Soon you will see the first action of the new monarch!

@comagoosie: Now edited the first four screenies of the Polish-Ottoman war into a gif animation. Takes some time to load and start.

Last edited:
February 25th 1768 AD

Dear Diary,

A new king has ascended to the throne of Bohemia. I, Ludvík, fourth of that name, will rule Bohemia and expand it's borders. Ten years has Bohemia been under the influence of nobles and foreign countries, unable to expand it's greatness over the world.

1NewMonarch651767.jpg

To undo the uncertainty about my rule, I have attacked the Ottoman Empire, while they were still locked in battle against the Polish.

2DoWOttomans2851767.jpg

LudvikIV.jpg
Ludvík IV during the Fourth Bohemian-Ottoman War (left front on horse), most probably somewhere in Wallachia

Four armies where already in place, surrounding the Ottomans and Wallachia.

3Armies361767.jpg

About four months into the war, in the autumn of 1767, the Ottomans stroke a deal with the Polish and signed a white peace. All Bohemian armies had performed as planned and were ready to advance to their next targets, or had already done so.

4SituationWPOttoman-Poland21101767.jpg

In South America missionaries succeeded to convert most of the inhabitants of Titicaca province to Catholicism.

5ConversionSuccTiticaca2111767.jpg

In early November the Greek Army under Eduard Kladno was nearing Constantinople. Only a few cities and a small Turkish troop contingent stood in his way. I had taken command of the King's Army and had arrived in Slavonia, marching towards the Balkans.

6SituationWar2111767.jpg

Vilem Lablonec had all of Wallachia under control by New Year 1768 with the conquest of Targoviste, the Wallachian capital.

7SiegeWonVlaska311768.jpg

Today we signed a white peace with the other Ottoman ally Dulkadiroglu. Apparently their efforts against Poland had weakened them enough to think twice before also helping against us.

8SeperatePeaceDulkadiroglu2521768.jpg

@comagoosie & democratickid: No stabhits for attacking other religion countries! Deus Vult ftw! Certainly when it takes like 8 years or so to get up one point and you're already quite lacking in technology compared to some other beasts.