• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let the Germans water your fields.

Ah, "Qu'un sangue impur abreuve nos sillons", the most hillariously bloodthirsty line I've yet to hear uttered with a straight-faced, almost innocent, patriotic bliss. Quite fitting for the age, actually, or what little I know about it. You better not be deceiving me Darth, I am taking everything you write for complete historical truth. ;)

et subbed

[video=youtube;4K1q9Ntcr5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g[/video]
Let the Germans water your fields.

Hot damn I'll be in Berlin by Christmas if my troops get half as inspired as I am now!

Last edited:
"Qu'un sangue impur abreuve nos sillons"
Bienvenue à la lutte ! Je espère que vous apprécierez votre séjour . It shall be a glorious and bloody war for all!

You guys are butchering more French than my German boys will ever manage to :p.

But then a battery of 75's pulled forward and silenced the gun with a stream of shells, and the French kept coming.

Since you have so much love for our finest artillery gun I'm sure you will like this.

[video=youtube;_gNJvuh5URM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gNJvuh5URM[/video]

75, ce mignon petit joujou
75, s'canon là est un bijou
Quand il tire ,
il ne rate jamais son coup
On peut l'dire,
le 75, ça c'est à nous !

Last edited:
You guys are butchering more French than my German boys will ever manage to :p.

Dammit, my French got infected by my Italian... Well, I've always held that the best way to learn is public humiliation, so thank you Archam :D

It seems that the Germans are going for a "France First" strategy. Is that just because of the way the report is written, or is the eastern front relatively quiet?

The eastern front is far from quiet, military disaster looms at every corner! But the Germans are going France first, don't think he has much more than what's required to man a defensive line in the east. But of course my front is the only important one :D

Since you have so much love for our finest artillery gun I'm sure you will like this.

My French is as impeccable as the glorious 75! Considering it did everything from keep France alive in the early days, to shooting down Zeppelins at Verdun, it deserves all the praise!

Off to a good start I see! I enjoyed your last AAR immensely, and I'm really looking forward to this one.
Could you give us a bit more detail about what's going on elsewhere, or maybe another player? Though, from what you say, it sounds like things are relatively quiet in the East, with the Germans on the defensive. Curious what's going on in Otto-land, though.
Since reading your last game I've done a couple playthroughs myself, and I have to ask: is it at all possible for the Schlieffen Plan to work? I haven't played as the Germans, but it seems like Belgium and France are able to hold them at the borders just fine. This last game, France even shipped some ~250,000 men down to North Africa to fight my little advance into Tunis and Algeria (playing as Ottomans from 1910) and the French are still holding their lines without any real difficulty. Is HOI3 just not able to simulate that sort of thing, or is the German AI stupid, or what?

AI Germany tends to constantly shuffle men all over Europe in an odd manor leaving it stretched out and thin. But in a MP game yes it certainly can work if the Germans are able to let the Russians into Berlin...so really it stands about as much chance of working as it did in real life (.00000% :p). That said, a CP Italy almost always kill France.

As for for distinctly non-French theaters of combat, I'm trying to write this particular AAR in a more history book manner, chiefly focusing on French combat in the Great War. Now this will still take me everywhere from Flanders to South Africa, but other theaters I'm going to mention more in passing, and only when they tend to directly influence my actions. I can assure you, they will receive mentions however, as what's going on in Ukraine at this moment could very well decide the war, and the East is far from quiet!

Avanti Italia! Restore the Roman Empire! And all that good stuff :)

50k casualty battles, Italian fleets in the Persian gulf, and Hapsburg's planning tea time in Moscow. Probably won't be today, but expect an update soon.

We've blockaded all your coffee imports, they're dark days indeed.

Things might become hairy for the French

KR_erfolgreich_576px.jpg

So my home internet has been down for the past 2 days, and looks likely to be down tomorrow as well -_-

Sorry for the wait!