• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I went to finally get around to a Karen playthrough and found that he is still bugged, saying that he has ruled his duchy since the 1066 start date. Anyone know where in the files I could fix this?

Are children eligible for Patrician Elective? Or for Patrician Seniority (ie for the House)?

As a new Norse Republic I have no heir to my dynasty. My wife has given two daughters (great, no heir there) and I've taken three Concubines all with the lustful trait for +fertility but nada from any of them yet. Worried an 'accident' at any stage is sudden Game Over (Ironman), do I need to wait for a son to be born to be more confident - or does the son need to become 16 which is going to be quite some wait it seems.

Yes, it is possible that a child inherits when playing a patrician. It is pretty unlikely, though, that he inherits the Merchant Republic before he hasn't aged a bit ;)
Unless you pump a fortune into buying the election? ;)

I'm more worried about a premature Game Over than losing the election though.

In merchant republics you can chose your heir (next head of family) from all members of your dynasty by "awarding the honorary tilte": Designated Heir which is very useful.
But in which file can I find it because I want to create a new religion (or change one completely) and as member of this religion you should be able to chose your heir [which wasn't uncommon in the norse culture or tribe cultures-so Genghis Khan's heir was his third than and the elder ones still lived]
So how can I put that option into a religion?

Unless you pump a fortune into buying the election? ;)

I'm more worried about a premature Game Over than losing the election though.

Inheriting the patrician house with a male child is no problem.
Only winning the doge title is near impossible, as age is quite important. Not sure if money can overcome age.

Any way, you#'ll need a male of your dynasty. If not inside your republic, then any unlanded dynastic male from outside could inherit as well.

........ I want to create a new religion (or change one completely) and as member of this religion you should be able to chose your heir [which wasn't uncommon in the norse culture or tribe cultures-so Genghis Khan's heir was his third than and the elder ones still lived]
So how can I put that option into a religion?

Ask in the modding subforum and its Quick questions thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?589686-Modding-Quick-questions

edit: oops, double post.T'was supposed to get into above post. Well....

Options A)C)D) impossible for a patrician, patricians cant inherit landed titles outside of the republic and landed characters outside of the republic are not eligible for inheriting patricianship.

B) works.

Pressing a catholic on the ERE throne, getting independence, becoming catholic then getting invasion CB from the Pope will work as well.

Thank you, appreciated! :)

Also, nice to know on designated heir.
Didn't know that.

Can you "heal" those characters with broken spirit? I have an Levantine rebel with very nice stats; he converted and I'd like to land him but his stats (which are very good and he's also quick) are down due to broken spirit; does this modifies in time? I am also trying to create a levantine christian kingdom.

Inheriting the patrician house with a male child is no problem.
Only winning the doge title is near impossible, as age is quite important. Not sure if money can overcome age.

Any way, you#'ll need a male of your dynasty. If not inside your republic, then any unlanded dynastic male from outside could inherit as well.

1) I think it's impossible to have a child doge although I'm not sure what would happen in the extreme case that none of the 5 houses has an adult leader

2) They don't have to be un-landed to be named as your heir but if they have the wrong combination of rank/holding type you can game-over or (more commonly) lose patrician status and revert to a normal noble game when they inherit (losing all trade posts and family home in the process).

1) It's possible as far as i remember, but it's highly unlikely indeed.
2) They should be unlanded, that sometimes it happens for landed people outside the republican realm is a bug.
The only landed that can and should inherit are from inside the republic.

My antipope was deposed, and it doesn't say how long I have to wait to make a new one. It's been decades now, and I'd like to know how long it'll take, hopefully I'll be able to get a new antipope soon.

Can you "heal" those characters with broken spirit? I have an Levantine rebel with very nice stats; he converted and I'd like to land him but his stats (which are very good and he's also quick) are down due to broken spirit; does this modifies in time? I am also trying to create a levantine christian kingdom.

well, nobody has any idea of? I want to give lower titles (cities, baronies etc.) to local culture characters and I have two ex-peasant rebels at my court, they're levantine. but with that broken spirit their stats are very low...without it both would make good generals.

well, nobody has any idea of? I want to give lower titles (cities, baronies etc.) to local culture characters and I have two ex-peasant rebels at my court, they're levantine. but with that broken spirit their stats are very low...without it both would make good generals.
I'm afraid Broken Spirit is eternal. You could grant them those titles anyway and have someone with good stats educate their children.

Have changed a huge empire from catholic to buddhist, but this has reset all my titles from Elective to Gavelkind which doesn't use appointed heir somehow (only for primary title, everything else is going to be distributed between my children).
Luckily I was able to switch half of the kingdoms to Ultimo/Primogeniture before the opinion penalty of my vassals became disastrous. Now everybody hates me and the only way to counter this is to constantly trying to imprison everyone on any revealed plot and crushing the revolutions. The fact that my emperor is pretty young and dukes are old helps too.
Still I have half of the kingdoms on Gavelkind and I can't switch it because vassals have negative opinion.
So the question is - does this opinion penalty disappear after some time? Or I'll have to crush several revolutions each month to keep vassals low?
What should I do to keep all my titles in my hands? Probably mass-massacre, but this would result in dishonest penalty instead and a chance of killers appearing in my room too...

I can't understand why vassals are getiing upset if I'm changing the succession laws in other kingdom where they do not belong :(