• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Proutix

Private
3 Badges
Dec 28, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • 500k Club
Is Paradox Interactiv serious about HOI IV ? HOI III is not finished .... it took you almost 3 add on, to still make a half-done game, and you are going to create HOI IV ?

Seriously ? Do you think we gonna buy that ? We ll buy it for sure, but in 1 year, when all CRITICAL problems would have been solved, or maybe 1 year after that and 1 more add-on, just to be sure the game ll work.

Come on ! Finish what you have started with HOI III, then talk about HOI IV !!!!

I agree. Hearts of Iron 3 was an unfinished game that needed us to buy three patches. I hope HoI IV will be different, or I'll move on.

While I don't think HoI3 is terrible in its current state, I would still be all for a 10% discount :D

25% discout for those of us who preordered HoI3 would be nice.

25% discout for those of us who preordered HoI3 would be nice.

I sorta wish I could've seen HoI3 in its release state just to understand why everyone was so mad, but at the same time I'm glad I came to the party a bit later haha

:huh: not one of these again

I sorta wish I could've seen HoI3 in its release state just to understand why everyone was so mad, but at the same time I'm glad I came to the party a bit later haha

Just instal HoI 3 without expansions, like I did. You'll appreciate the expansions even more after 15 minutes of playing.

It was pretty much disaster untill patch 1.04 (still pretty meh to this day - both air and sea combat are more or less broken)

for example AI tendency to create super-mega-stacks (almost whole german/allied army in 1 province) in version 1.03 made AI even more useless than crappy AI used in older Total War games.

I personally love Hearts of Iron 3 and cant wait for the new one. Sure vanilla HoI 3 was unfinished but it was my first HoI game and I loved it. The expansions imo finished the game. Paradox was smaller during development of HoI 3, after success from CK2 and EUIV they are much more capable to create a new HoI.

I think if you buy HoI IV early you should get all the dlc for a discount price. It would increase our incentive to buy the game at full price

I think if you buy HoI IV early you should get all the dlc for a discount price. It would increase our incentive to buy the game at full price

Good idea.

My first HoI game was AoD so when I preordered HoI3, I didnt expect to get game with many broken (or inferior compared to AoD) features.

I am currently looking forward to HoI4, but if they screw it up, I will ignore all future PI games.

Good idea.

My first HoI game was AoD so when I preordered HoI3, I didnt expect to get game with many broken (or inferior compared to AoD) features.

I am currently looking forward to HoI4, but if they screw it up, I will ignore all future PI games.

Why would you ignore all future PI? EU and Victoria games are quite good, and have less issues then HOI3 did. I would understand ignoring HOI games...

I was disappointing in HOI3 as well, although for many different reasons. 1 was the cost of all the DLC which with the game comes to $100 for a game that was completely unfinished even several patches after launch. I like HOI3 after all the DLC, and I want to see it improve, but looking back on it I spent about $100 for about 200 hours of gameplay and that number is rather high for me and my typical games.

I would relate HOI3 to X-rebirth and X-rebirth is a complete mess still after months of patches.

If there is sale for HOI3 and all expansions for about $30-40 I think that you will find that is worth it, however I think most of the things that came in the expansions should have already been in the game. This is exactly what I don't want HOI4 to be, where we get a base game with not much added from HOI3 and we have to spend another 40 or 50 just to get the game into a point we really like it.

:huh: not one of these again

Yes.....I'm also bored about the same issues again and again. Even if there's no constructive input too.

I wouldn't expect a discount from paradox, it is just not happening. It is surprising none of the devs haven't yet come here and hammered down their usual "No". And I would be more interested in Victoria 3 ATM rather than HoI IV, because Victoria is one if the few games that are in desperate need for sequel. HoI IV could have waited, but what is done is done, no way to turn this around. Lets hope that Project Augustus is Victoria III.

I tried EU3, EU4 and CK2 but didn't like any of them since there were too many accounting tables and the fonts were a disaster. Thus, I would never buy HOI 3.

I can only HOPE that HOI 4 buries all their tables within the icons and GRAPHIC charts. If it turns out to be an accounting homework game with illegible fonts, I won't buy HOI 4 either. I like to play games for enjoyment, not hard work.

I tried EU3, EU4 and CK2 but didn't like any of them since there were too many accounting tables and the fonts were a disaster. Thus, I would never buy HOI 3.

I can only HOPE that HOI 4 buries all their tables within the icons and GRAPHIC charts. If it turns out to be an accounting homework game with illegible fonts, I won't buy HOI 4 either. I like to play games for enjoyment, not hard work.
That is what paradox is all about. If you haven't found enjoyment in those games, i believe there is nothing you can expect from paradox in future, maybe except other than RPG's in development.

I am really unsure of what you are talking about here, although I haven't played EU4 due to time constraints (I only just got to CKII).

Yes, HOI3 was bad on day 1. Yes, in many ways it still feels unfinished. However, I don't really think it has any competition. I want to play a grand strategy WWII game that is very in depth. That pretty much leaves me with HOI3. And while I am not 100% happy with the final state of the game, I am hopeful for HOI4 given the growth of PDS and how good the latest round of PDS games are.

Trust in Podcat fellow gamers!