• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh. Oh. Oh. I see. Let me quote you there, excuse my french: "I want a Catholicism DLC so it's going to be a Catholic DLC.
...I want it. True. But so does another 350.000 people. Catholic would seem more ... Logical, I guess. Jews are a much smaller religion, though I'd love for them to be fleshed out. Just later.
Where did you come up with that number? :laugh:

A Judaism DOC seems a bit odd. Is there really enough material to justify a DLC for this time period? Also during this period (9-15th centuries) Judaism was really diverse - Khazar kingdom level tribe tribe, maybe an Ethiopian county, money lenders and merchants in Germany and NW Europe, courtiers in Muslim Spain, some urban communities lacking any real political power throughout the Middle East, etc. It would just be a huge hodgepodge of mechanics to try to cover these, only one or two would hardly justify a DLC. Many of these really would make more sense as part of other DLC mechanisms (such as perhaps Jewish merchants and money lenders as a small part of an economics overhaul with borrowing and Catholic anti-usury laws, etc. and maybe introducing royal expropriations and banishments of wealthy groups like Jews or Templars.)

There is a most excellent thread which outlines a possible way to add Inland Republics to the game, and Judaism with it via Radhanites. Here.

Oh. Oh. Oh. I see. Let me quote you there, excuse my french: "I want a Catholicism DLC so it's going to be a Catholic DLC.
...I want it. True. But so does another 350.000 people. Catholic would seem more ... Logical, I guess. Jews are a much smaller religion, though I'd love for them to be fleshed out. Just later.
You know it could be both together? If the DLC is called 'Sons of Abraham' I'm sure it will about all Abrahamic religions.

People.

It's clearly going to be a dlc that adds in Robert, William and Tad Licoln, who traveled back in time to stop the Confederacy from getting support from England in a alternate reality where the European powers intervened in the US Civil War. Hence, the "Sons of Abraham"

It's so obvious.

In this hopefully real DLC....
Christianity would get the most attention. Judaism would get some mechanics unique for them. Islam doesn't need much, considering SOI.
So, what can connect all three religions?

Maybe it has nothing to do with any of that, but maybe something to do with Abrahamic faiths in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, with the vikings, or just Scandinavia all together.

In this hopefully real DLC....
Christianity would get the most attention. Judaism would get some mechanics unique for them. Islam doesn't need much, considering SOI.
So, what can connect all three religions?

1. The religions are already connected by their own beliefs and connection to abraham.
2. Islam needs to be really reworked, Decadence is so broken it practically makes playing Islamic dynasties in a realistic sense impossible.
3. I would think just the fat that they are making a new religion, would mean by default it'd get the most attention.

1. The religions are already connected by their own beliefs and connection to abraham.
2. Islam needs to be really reworked, Decadence is so broken it practically makes playing Islamic dynasties in a realistic sense impossible.
3. I would think just the fat that they are making a new religion, would mean by default it'd get the most attention.
Yes, I know about beliefs....but I meant a game mechanic that would connect them. A feature that would be common for all three of them, and that it isn't already in game.

I'm going with the typo explanation. They simply forgot a g in the title and it's actually "Songs of Abraham" *mwahahahahahahahahaha* That would be so deliciously cruel. :3