• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does the AI employing assasinations? It didn't knew how to use them in the first chapter of CK. What about this one? And does it know how how to marry females to males (in first game it only offered males for marriages)?

So, for examplep now one war started: countess (and also a queen of king, whose I am liege in Russian Empire) is attacking a duke. The war is called simply "Countess Agafya of Uglich's war for Rostov". The said countess has a weak claim (can be inherited - how is that possible anyway, a weak inheritable claim? I thought these two excluded each other) on duchy of Rostov. The current duke is child (if that means anything).

How come?

I'm not entirely sure HOW the Weak Claims appear, but the Weak Claim essentially means that the person has a right to the title, but can only push it when the current title holder is weak himself. I.E. a child, needs a regent, or IIRC, is a woman. They differ from strong claims which you can push at any time.

But both are inheritable one generation and it gets renewed if you push them in a war.

Is it possible for vassals to break independent without war? As Emperor of the HRE the Queen of Lotharingia has become independent without fighting me and now I can't make her a vassal, I can only press de jure claims on each of her counties, which would take me some time to incorporate these territories again given the truce rules.

As a count, I once remember seeing a plot to fabricate a claim on one of my liege's titles (He was a duke, under a king, under an emperor) . I didn't try using it at the time due to other various concerns.

Now after some other plots, and pressing some claims on counties I want to move up to a duke title.
I went to the plots tab looking for the claim fabrication, but it is no longer there!

I know I can try to use my chancellor to get a claim on the duchy, but that will be time consuming, expensive, and more likely just to give me a claim on his county.

So my question is; What are the criteria for getting Plots to fabricate a claim?
Thanks.

TLDR:
I am a count. I want to fabricate a claim on my liege's duke title, Using a Plot.
What determines this plots availability?
As well other similar plots?

1. If I'm a King, how can I lose a Duchy within my Kingdom held by some other noble via inheritance? Does the heir have to be a vassal to another King or Emperor? What determines whether the Duchy remains in my realm?
If your vassal inherits a higher title that is under the control of another realm and your crown authority isn't set at high, then he will become the vassal of the other ruler when he inherits (or independent if the higher title was independent).

2. I previously created the Kingdom of Arabia. I did a Holy War vs the Emir of Medina and handed out 4 provinces. One I kept, one I gave to a son and the other two (and Emir) I gave to a new vassal. What I don't understand is how the Emir is now part of 3 different Kingdoms. My son already had holdings in Mesopotamia and his province is now in that Kingdom. My province is in my default Kingdom of Persia. The new vassal's provinces are in the Kingdom of Arabia. Did I make a big mistake in handing out these provinces as I did? Can the two provinces be moved back into the De Jure Kingdom of Arabia? Does it matter that it's like this?
I'm not sure that I'm interpreting this question correctly, but it seems you are asking if it is ok that your vassals control land outside the de jure region of their primary title. This is ok, but it will cause your vassals to fight each other more. I usually try to avoid Dukes controlling counties that are part of another duchy and make sure that they control all of their own duchy. This usually results in less internal warfare and keeps the realm shaped how I want it.

Does the AI employing assasinations? It didn't knew how to use them in the first chapter of CK. What about this one? And does it know how how to marry females to males (in first game it only offered males for marriages)?
Yes they do try to assassinate characters. In fact, they do this frequently. The AI also understands about matrilineal marriages and how females inherit, so it is slightly more intelligent when proposing marriages.

Is it possible for vassals to break independent without war? As Emperor of the HRE the Queen of Lotharingia has become independent without fighting me and now I can't make her a vassal, I can only press de jure claims on each of her counties, which would take me some time to incorporate these territories again given the truce rules.
Yes, this can happen if they inherit a higher title that is already independent. However, in your case it doesn't sound like it is what happened and you might have encountered the bug where sometimes "depose liege" wars result in the winner becoming independent.

I am a count. I want to fabricate a claim on my liege's duke title, Using a Plot.
What determines this plots availability?
As well other similar plots?
I am not sure of all the requirements for this plot, but I almost always see it for my characters except when my liege isn't the holder of the duchy to which my county belongs de jure. Are you sure that your liege holds the title you want to fabricate a claim on?

Last edited:
I am not sure of all the requirements for this plot, but I almost always see it for my characters except when my liege isn't the holder of the duchy to which my county belongs de jure. Are you sure that your liege holds the title you want to fabricate a claim on?

That is what I thought
However;
I own all but one of the counties that are dejure to the Duke title my liege has (which is the title I want) and my liege (the Duke) owns the last one.

and yet I do not see the fabricate claim plot as an option in the intrigue tab.

Example k_abyssinia has a hard code of culture ethiopian, if you move your capital as King of Abyssinia(ethiopian) to Alexandria in Egypt, Alexandria is then considered de jure Abyssinia, which can trigger the settlers event and result in a culture shift of Alexandria to ethiopian. There are other factors that need to be considered as well, in relation to event triggering.

EDIT: Sorry there is no down side to moving your capital outside de jure lands.
So my capitol province is always considered de jure for events? THAT is an interesting and useful piece of news... :)

I`m pretty sure that the percentage of your marshall to suppress revolt is taken inton account. This percentage is up to how effective he is vs the province percent. Meaning that, if a province has 15% revolt and your marshall 25% suppressing, That province has 15% chance of getting a revolt, but your marshall has 25% chance to not make it happen. The percentage shown in your holdings window will not change. Only if their religion or culture changes to yours.

I`m uncertain about culture revolts but I`d say that it`s the liege vs them. Or the person that has the highest title and can have access to that province...anyway, you get the picture...To see him, click the upper right CoA in your holdings window

This is not correct. When I use my Marshal to supress revolt in a province they 'revolt risk %' in the holdings window goes down, usually to 0 %, regardless of how many negative factors the province have.

I had a thought and I'd like some feed back to see if maybe this would be possible.

Let's say I make my married brother anti Pope and press his claim, when he dies would his son get a claim on the Papacy? Now if I had a Kingdom/Empire on elective, could I make him my heir, once I die, press his claim to the Papacy, and then make that my secondary title. Would that allow me to be pope but without losing the game?

I tested if you have a landed title (as HRE, not a kingship yet.) and if you give yourself the Papacy it passes on to your heir, so I know its possible to get it (with cheating..) but I was wondering if this could work without cheating?

Let's say I make my married brother anti Pope and press his claim, when he dies would his son get a claim on the Papacy? Now if I had a Kingdom/Empire on elective, could I make him my heir, once I die, press his claim to the Papacy, and then make that my secondary title. Would that allow me to be pope but without losing the game?

I tested if you have a landed title (as HRE, not a kingship yet.) and if you give yourself the Papacy it passes on to your heir, so I know its possible to get it (with cheating..) but I was wondering if this could work without cheating?
I think I have tried something similar to this before and although the claim on the Papacy says it will be inherited, it won't. To the best of my knowledge, in the most recent patch it's not possible to become Pope and the best you can do is get him as your vassal.

If your vassal inherits a higher title that is under the control of another realm and your crown authority isn't set at high, then he will become the vassal of the other ruler when he inherits (or independent if the higher title was independent).

So if a Duke inherits a Kingdom he goes to his Kingdom's court and his Duchy is now part of his new Kingdom (and I lose the Duchy from my realm)? Does he do that if I'm Emperor as well?

I'm not entirely sure HOW the Weak Claims appear, but the Weak Claim essentially means that the person has a right to the title, but can only push it when the current title holder is weak himself. I.E. a child, needs a regent, or IIRC, is a woman. They differ from strong claims which you can push at any time.

But both are inheritable one generation and it gets renewed if you push them in a war.

Yeah but I originaly asked about CA and wars, I used this as an example of war that I dont understand how is possible while I have medium CA.

How can and what kinds of improvements can be lost. I have noticed from time to time, that somethings i have built seem to disappear. it could be after i take a city, or after a new ruler comes to power. My income, army size, etc will always be different, (the money is mostly do to opinion changes or as far as I can tell) but sometimes it seems like buildings ive built up are back to level one, so is this my imagination or is something actually effecting the buildings.

CAn someone explain to me, why under primogeniture law, with a ruler and 3 sons (non-bastard), his brother inherited him?

And this brother then had 4 sons, the first one out in iceland, the second one a legitimized bastard with nearly zero stats, and the the others normal sons - and the primary heir was the second one - the legitimized bastard....

I don't know how this would happen. :(

Edit: Okay, crossed the bug-section of the forum, found the reason. The oldest son is in a distant court and because of the high crown authority of my liege, he must not inherit. So the second one inherits. Damn!

How can and what kinds of improvements can be lost. I have noticed from time to time, that somethings i have built seem to disappear. it could be after i take a city, or after a new ruler comes to power. My income, army size, etc will always be different, (the money is mostly do to opinion changes or as far as I can tell) but sometimes it seems like buildings ive built up are back to level one, so is this my imagination or is something actually effecting the buildings.

I believe Peasant Revolts destroy buildings but you're supposed to be notified when that happens.

how do you conquer the papacy? In my game got the kingdom of italy and it's something like 1280. I would like to take over the lands of the pope, so i tried to make a son a bishop, then i made him antipope, pressed the claim and won the war. But even if the new pope was of my dynasty the papacy did not become my vassal. Why that?

Dow you got a other way to take his lands?

how do you conquer the papacy? In my game got the kingdom of italy and it's something like 1280. I would like to take over the lands of the pope, so i tried to make a son a bishop, then i made him antipope, pressed the claim and won the war. But even if the new pope was of my dynasty the papacy did not become my vassal. Why that?

You're King of Italy and the pope is effectively a King too. A King can never be the vassal of another King (or equivalent).

Dow you got a other way to take his lands?

You could always just fabricate claims on his counties and absorb the papacy over thirty years or so.

so that mean that if i am holding the title of king of italy and sicily, and for some error in succession, i lose the king title of Sicily it wont stay as a vassal the new king of Sicily but it will become a independent realm?

If i manage to become emperor, then by doing the antipope trick you should always be able take the papacy that way?

I have noticed that the normal fabricate claim does have 0% chance to succeed on the papacy lands, is that normal?

Last edited:
When it comes to buildings is it smart to add more castles (barronies) to a province? Also, let's say I'm a duke with 3 counties (4 titles total). For building improvements should I only add things to the 3 county holdings? Or should I improve the towns and/or churches?