Project Truman to be announced at gamescom

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet on Rome 2, but I am hoping for a Great War game.

xxF4i.png

HA! Two can play this game!

Untitled.jpg

Anyone do a better job?

Attachments

• 1914-kitchener_1109799i.jpg
    1914-kitchener_1109799i.jpg
    66,9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I hope it will be "Truman Show" game :p Strategy game where Youre building huge town with actors for Truman to live, using cash from commercials at the tv show youre making :p
Of course it wont be this, because its Paradox :D To know what type of game would that be just check who Harry Truman was -> probably it would be strategy game starting durning WWII (i bet like 1944, because Truman was the guy that ordered to nuke Hiroshima), and finishing at the death of Truman (1972) or at the end of cold war (1989).

I hope it will be "Truman Show" game :p Strategy game where Youre building huge town with actors for Truman to live, using cash from commercials at the tv show youre making :p
Of course it wont be this, because its Paradox :D To know what type of game would that be just check who Harry Truman was -> probably it would be strategy game starting durning WWII (i bet like 1944, because Truman was the guy that ordered to nuke Hiroshima), and finishing at the death of Truman (1972) or at the end of cold war (1989).

But they are already making East vs West, which is a cold war game.

They said that the names have nothing to do with the actual game.

I can be slightly different, but i doubt they would call game f.e. "Ceasar the Great", and make game about Vietnam War right? Its possible it wont point directly to the game, but it needs to have at least some connection to it.

I can be slightly different, but i doubt they would call game f.e. "Ceasar the Great", and make game about Vietnam War right? Its possible it wont point directly to the game, but it needs to have at least some connection to it.

It's not the name of the game but our internal project name - so it can be about anything. Publishing for instance have often used Kevin Costner movies as their project names.

Yep. And the only past (prior to the recent trio of announcement) project names we know of IIRC are generally of little to no relation to the actual games. Hearts III was mayhem (vague at best), Sengoku was Glory (not really any relation) and Crusader Kings II was Serpent, IIRC.

I would like to see something different than usuall but in EU convention -> CAVE WARS!! :)
Imagine a game like EU, where people were only small tribes and were just starting to create nations -> From caves to villages, from villages to town, conquering other tribes and making nations, inventing first types of weapons :) Bad that noone make games with such formula, because WWII and Rome themes are beeing exploited too much, and a bit boring because of that.

Despite the different mechanics, CK II has set the bar quite high for a medieval-style game. So I wonder what another EU title could bring on the table. A longer timeframe and higher trade focus won't cut it. If EU 4 can't cope with CK II in terms of immersion, it will be considered as a letdown by many PD fans.

The shortest game is Victoria with approx. 31,000 turns and the longest is Hearts of Iron II Armageddon with approx 246,000 turns and it seems that East versus West would have approx. 395,000 turns if it's hours basis. 395-1066 would make approx. 246,000 turns like HOI II Armageddon. The game that would need to be splited is imho Europa Universalis, so we could have one game more focused on renaissance and wars of religion and another game more focused on Westphalian nations. About Medieval, Revolution and Napoleonic era, EU totally fail his job.

How about:
circa 510BC - 75AD : Rome
classical antiquity political game : you play factions inside realms.
Objective : make your realm uncontested in the Old-World, make your faction take the control of the realm, and transform the head of the state as an hereditary title.
From the founding of Roman republic and Athenian democracy to the Vespasien hereditary principate (approx. 214,000 turns)

69AD - 500AD : Decline of the Roman Empire, A Rome game
Late antiquity political game : you play factions inside the Empire.
Objective : become emperor instead of the emperor without weakening too much the Empire against barbarians.
From the assassination of Alexander Severus to the collapse of the Western Roman Empire (approx. 158,000 turns [days])

493AD - 1000AD : Renovatio Imperii, A Crusader Kings game
Early Middle-Ages dynastic game : you play dynasties.
Objective : restore and keep the Western Roman Empire
From the foundation of the Ostrogothic kingdom in Italy to the restoration of the Western (Holy) Roman Empire (approx. 186,000 turns [days])

962AD - 1500AD : Crusader Kings
Classical Middle-Age dynastic game : you play dynasties.
Objective : make your dynasty prestigious, pious, and powerful
From the foundation of the HRE to the discovery of New World (approx. 197,000 turns [days])

1453AD - 1660AD : De Principatibus, an Europa Universalis game
Renaissance & Religious War empire building : you play nations
Objective : transform your feudal state into absolute monarchy.
From the end of the Hundred Year War to the end of the Thirteen Years War (approx. 76,000 turns [days])

1659AD - 1790AD : Age of Enlightenment, an Europa Universalis game
Westphalian sovereignty empire building : you play nations
Objective : become the most prestigious nation and dominate the world
From the Treaty of the Pyrenees to the end of the American Revolution (approx. 48,000 turns [days])

1784AD - 1820AD : March of the Eagles, an Europa Universalis game
Revolutionary and Napoleonic war game : you play nations with a military focus
Objective : dominate the world
From the Peace of Paris to the end of Revolutionary and Napoleonic wars (approx. 53,000 turns [morning/afternoon/evening/night])

1815AD - 1940AD : Victoria
XIXth century economic game : you play nations with a politico-economic focus
Objective : become the most prestigious nation
From the Second Treaty of Paris to the rise fascism (approx. 46,000 turns [days])

1913AD - 1925AD : Great War, an Heart of Iron game
Great War and Russian civil war game : you play nations with a military focus
Objective : Won the war
From the Treaty of Bucharest to the end of the Great War and of the Russian civil war (approx. 105,000 turns [houres])

1935AD - 1955AD : Heart of Iron
World War Two war game : you play nations with a military focus
From the Invasion of Ethiopia to the end of World War Two (approx. 176,000 turns [houres])

1945AD - 1991AD : East vs West, an Heart of Iron game
Cold War game : you play nations with a military focus
From the end of World War Two to the fall of one of two SuperPowers (approx. 404,000 turns [houres])

I love it! Just so long as East vs West is economic focus rather than military.

Add in a pre-Rome game and a modern game, and you get the best representation of thousands of years of human civilization.

a ww1 game would be awesome, but paradox does not seem to love this period very much... also victoria covers it so that is unlikely.

most likely rome 2 or EU 4... i doubt it will be a new title

There are four possibilities really.

1)It's a new game, covering one of the few bits of histories left truly uncovered. Getting harder and harder, with March of Eagles and East v West joining the lineup.

2)It's a very old game getting remade, ie Svea Rike or so. Given these games' track record, excedingly unlikely.

3)It's a Clausewitz engine remake of a Clausewitz engine game. This is an unlikely scenario in itself: Paradox has only done same-engine remakes of games twice, with its two flagships, and that was back on Europa.

However, if that's the case, then it's clearly Rome. Vicktwo, Sengoku and CK II are just too recent, HOI III got a recent expansion. That leaves Rome and Europa, and Paradox won't be making a new Clausewitz-engine EU.

On the flip side, there is possibility #4: Paradox has decided to move on to the next engine generation. The new game will herald their third-generation engine.

If that's the case, then we are looking at Europa Universalis IV

@People looking for Paradox-edited WW1 game
A new 1.03 version is coming in the following weeks.

Dude, I bought it and enjoyed it, but the HOI2 engine is old, old, old, and you have to admit that it is not a dedicated WW1 game any more than EUIII was a dedicated Napoleonic War game. Paradox should take note though, that a lot of the people who bought DH did so because they wanted to play the WW1 campaign - there is demand.

It's better than nothing and the game is constantly being improved. Keep in mind that even if the PI decides to make a WWI game, it will take years to develop it, so unless they are working on it already, we will have to wait for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.