• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you be more SPECIFIC DOOMDARK? Is this per the tooltip DYNASTY vassal or ANY vassal ruler? Plus would this include Mayors, Bishops and Barons within a County?

If a character is your vassal and landed, he will remain your vassal when you press his claim in a war and win.

I keep having this bug (I think it's a bug) in my current 1.05d save -- if I get a pop-up saying I can rightfully imprison someone and I try to but it fails and he tries to fight me, the war will immediately end inconclusively -- I don't even get the notification on the bottom right of the screen saying that I'm in a war. This has happened every time during this particular game and I have no idea why. Before I would just fight him, win, he'd go to jail and then I could revoke his title or whatever.

Is this something that's been reported and fixed? I only noticed it yesterday but it does it every time. Also when I attacked the countess of one of the Norman provinces (forget the name, but she was independent and at peace -- I'm not sure how that even happened) I beat her and forced peace (the top one, which means I win) but she remained independent. Pretty annoying. It's like the game never registered it.

"- When you press the claim of a vassal ruler, he should now remain your vassal"

Well it was good while it lasted. Personally I'm of the opinion that inviting a claimant to your court, making him a count of Middleofnowhereton and then pressing his claims the next day is a huge exploit but oh well.

"- When you press the claim of a vassal ruler, he should now remain your vassal"

Well it was good while it lasted. Personally I'm of the opinion that inviting a claimant to your court, making him a count of Middleofnowhereton and then pressing his claims the next day is a huge exploit but oh well.

It still doesn't work. Just tried. Vassal became independant.

Why did this download for me? I've turned off automatic patch downloads of CK2 ages ago. Can you please stop forcing updates on me?

Why did this download for me? I've turned off automatic patch downloads of CK2 ages ago. Can you please stop forcing updates on me?
What happened to these professional subcontracted betatesters they were supposed to be using? How do these clearly untested patches even get thru Q&A? :confused:

I thought the claimant has to be in your dynasty OR has a claim on a de-jure land of yours? Thats what the tooltip says.

Yes, but if he's already a landed vassal, it's better that he remains your vassal than that he takes a chunk out of your realm with him.

Yep they just RUINED the game again opening it up to that EXPLOIT of inviting ANYOLEBODY to your court, landing them and then going for their claims. Back to the ole NON-Historical gameplay again with CHEESY EXPLOITABLE tactics included. ;) I did enjoy it for 2-1/2 days though when it was FIXED and working "as it should". ;)

I can't download this from the launcher. GG version says 1.05d is uptodate.

Yep they just RUINED the game again opening it up to that EXPLOIT of inviting ANYOLEBODY to your court, landing them and then going for their claims. Back to the ole NON-Historical gameplay again with CHEESY EXPLOITABLE tactics included. ;) I did enjoy it for 2-1/2 days though when it was FIXED and working "as it should". ;)

Your opinion. I rather enjoy not having the game balanced around multiplayer.

so what's new with 1.05e? is it only this inviting and pressing the claim, or are there some more changes?

See the first post of this thread

v1.05e:

- When you press the claim of a vassal ruler, he should now remain your vassal
- Kingdoms that are not previously de jure part of an empire can now also be assimilated
- AI: Fixed an issue with calling allies into single wars
- Fixed an issue with the regency events
- Fixed numerous typos in the database and event files
- AI: Fixed a bug with rulers being able to nominate dead children to titles, if not of their own dynasty