• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My liege,

The burghers of this thread are unable to decipher a certain code.

If you could be so kind to bestow upon a like code to "byzantine" in CK1, or "yesmen" in more recent games, the burghers of this thread would be ever so grateful.

Your humble vassal,

Kluska

I would use the neg_diplo cheat to allow all diplomacy to be sent, and then use the play cheat to switch characters and force accept diplomacy before switching back. You still have to look up the char-ids of course. There does seem to be a debug log mentioned in the cheat section of the .exe... but I have found no way to access it.

Also, found out what the code "move" does...

move <char-id> = moves character to the player's court
numcoas = shows the number of coat of arms generated and how many failed

There are a lot of commands I quite haven't figured out still... but if anyone needs a refresher list...

These commands have been found in the .exe, but I have no idea how to use them or if they work:

console_history.txt
console_edit
console_list
achieveshow
achieve
luarun
luado
eventinfo
mapautosave
window open
window close
reload
reloadinterface
reloadfx
effect_name
mapname
postfx
reloadtexture
texture_name
recalc_succ
validate_laws
validate_lieges
enable_ambition
refresh_portraits
guardian
pirate
morehumans
fullscreen

Last edited:
While it's not a console cheat, I find an easy way to do things is to save the game, load the game as someone else, and proceed to do what I want.

For example, if your game is too static and you want rebellions, or you want certain characters dead but don't want to try and assassinate normally, you load the game as whoevers realm you want to get destabilized. You then begin assassinating people. Use the cash cheat if they don't have the cash. So, this way you can kill who you want with no harm to yourself(unless you want to kill your crappy king) and maybe mix up the game a bit.

############
# EDUCATION
############

# INTRIGUE OUTCOMES
1 amateurish_plotter
2 flamboyant_schemer
3 intricate_webweaver
4 elusive_shadow

# DIPLOMACY OUTCOMES
5 naive_appeaser
6 underhanded_rogue
7 charismatic_negotiator
8 grey_eminence

# STEWARDSHIP OUTCOMES
9 indulgent_wastrel
10 thrifty_clerk
11 fortune_builder
12 midas_touched

# MARTIAL OUTCOMES
13 misguided_warrior
14 tough_soldier
15 skilled_tactician
16 brilliant_strategist

# ECCLESIASTICAL OUTCOMES
17 detached_priest
18 martial_cleric
19 scholarly_theologian
20 mastermind_theologian

########################
# HEALTH - Events
########################

21 stressed
22 depressed
23 lunatic
24 possessed
25 ill
26 pneumonic
27 syphilitic
28 leper
29 wounded
30 maimed
31 infirm
32 incapable
33 drunkard
34 has_tuberculosis
35 has_typhoid_fever
36 has_typhus
37 has_bubonic_plague
38 has_measles
39 has_small_pox

############################
# SOFT STATUS - Undecided

40 crusader

# HARD STATUS - DO NOT ADD OR REMOVE!

41 bastard
42 twin
43 legit_bastard
44 pregnant
45 excommunicated
46 kinslayer
47 homosexual

#####################
# POSSIBLY CONGENITAL
#####################

48 clubfooted
49 harelip
50 hunchback
51 lisp
52 stutter
53 fair
54 ugly
55 dwarf
56 genius
57 quick
58 slow
59 imbecile
60 inbred
61 strong
62 weak

################################################
# LIFESTYLE - Events - only 1 lifestyle (adult)
################################################

63 celibate
64 hedonist
65 scholar
66 gardener
67 mystic
68 impaler
69 duelist
70 hunter
71 poet
72 falconer

#################################################################
# PERSONALITY - Events, should happen more often during childhood
#################################################################

# THE SEVEN SINS AND VIRTUES
73 lustful
74 chaste
75 gluttonous
76 temperate
77 greedy
78 charitable
79 slothful
80 diligent
81 envious
82 kind
83 wroth
84 patient
85 proud
86 humble

# OTHER
87 deceitful
88 honest
89 craven
90 brave
91 shy
92 gregarious
93 ambitious
94 content
95 arbitrary
96 just
97 cynical
98 zealous
99 paranoid
100 trusting
101 cruel

Made it for my own needs, but no problems sharing. There's only 101, I think we need more! I'm going to use Medevial 2: Total War to get some new ones.

A near "yesmen" cheat : you can go in your defines.lua than edit " INTERACTION_THRESHOLD_FOR_NO = 25 " and INTERACTION_THRESHOLD_FOR_YES = 25 and put the negative value that you want : except for peace treaty, AI will always accept what you say ^^.

I would encourage new people who find the game dull with cheats to try it without cheats. For me, and many others, cheating takes the challenge, and therefore the fun, out of the game.

This isn't to say that any of you are wrong. You paid for the game and can play it the way you like. I'm just trying to keep as many people in paradox games as possible :)

A near "yesmen" cheat : you can go in your defines.lua than edit " INTERACTION_THRESHOLD_FOR_NO = 25 " and INTERACTION_THRESHOLD_FOR_YES = 25 and put the negative value that you want : except for peace treaty, AI will always accept what you say ^^.

Not sure how this works. Do you raise the theshold for no and reduce the one for yes?

I found a way to force diplomatic relations with the AI: neg_diplo may not act like a byzantine or fullcontrol cheat, but it does allow you to force send your request anyway. Just pause the game when you make the request, use play to jump to the receipient and accept your request yourself. Then jump back to your character of choice when you’re done. Though, I still think it would be easier if there was some kind of byzantine cheat.

I'm a bit confused, how do I jump to the recipient? Do I have to resign, switch characters and accept, and then go back to my original character?

I would encourage new people who find the game dull with cheats to try it without cheats. For me, and many others, cheating takes the challenge, and therefore the fun, out of the game.

This isn't to say that any of you are wrong. You paid for the game and can play it the way you like. I'm just trying to keep as many people in paradox games as possible :)

I only use the cheats to make a certain event happen, personally.

Not sure how this works. Do you raise the theshold for no and reduce the one for yes?

Nope, you have to reduce the two. For exemple, if you want that all your proposition are welcome, you can put :
INTERACTION_THRESHOLD_FOR_NO = -200
INTERACTION_THRESHOLD_FOR_YES = -200

But i don't know what it will do between AI : did AI will make strange proposition to other AI because it can ?

Nope, you have to reduce the two. For exemple, if you want that all your proposition are welcome, you can put :
INTERACTION_THRESHOLD_FOR_NO = -200
INTERACTION_THRESHOLD_FOR_YES = -200

But i don't know what it will do between AI : did AI will make strange proposition to other AI because it can ?

You are right it work.. even when it is -10 and -1 (I assume the difference will be the maybes)...even allows matrilineal marriages. Not sure what the ai is doing when all this is happening. It does not work to allow a peace treaty though...will have to change some of the other interaction thresholds.