The Paradoxian Federation – Aurora Forum Game II, run by Rendap.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aurora doesn't... but he's already working on a new game called "Newtonian Aurora", which uses accurate physics. Payload, acceleration, mass, velocity, delta-v, etc.

But still no relativity! What a letdown! :p

In seriousness I would assume it would be a practical impossibility to model relativity?

I can't wait to try Newtonian Aurora - I assume it'll be so challenging I can't stand it, but I have to try such a thing.

Also this brings up an interesting question - is it possible to exceed the speed of light in Aurora?

Also this brings up an interesting question - is it possible to exceed the speed of light in Aurora?

I certainly intend to try.

unledwals.png

Ok, time for a little creative shuffling here....

Captain Onbekende Transferred CV Blue Emu as new Flag Captain of the Fleet under Vice Admiral Boris ze Spider II.

Captain Aleksandr T. Rurikovich assigned CA Ulan - Crew Training 100, Fleet Maneuver 170, Mining 20%, Logistics 15%.

Did Randy ever throw in a new role or?

2064 part 2 to follow

8/7 - Commodore Velko improves Crew Training to 225.
SS Henry Hudson dispatched Heintz 299 JP1.
18/7 - SS Henry Hudson arrives in Formalhaut. 8 Rocky, 4 Gas, 79 Moons and 100 Asteroids. 1 marginal Colonization Target.
23/7 - Amadeus completes research of Meson Focus Technology 4.
28/7 - Sol Asteroid 14, empty of minerals, Explode. Yes, Lord Isaac Strange have performed a new test and have succeeded in increasing the Radiation of our explosives once again. It is now 4x as effective, but at 25% strenght.
SS Yuri Gagarin dispatched Heintz 299 JP2.
9/8 - SS Yuri Gagarin arrives in 82 Eridani finding 1 Rocky and 30 Asteroids. No colonization targets.

CONTACT! 13/8 - 14.06 - SS Yuri Gagarin reports contact with unknown Alien Race in 82 Eridani. Not on the planet, which is empty but in deep space. SS Yuri Gagarin returns towards entry jump point at max speed.

UPDATE! Speed of the Alien Vessel is set to 1000 kps.

14.51 - Contact Lost. Commodore Culise continues retreating towards the Heintz 299 JP.

15.09 - CONTACT UPDATE! 20 Zhdanov Class ships have been detected in close proximity of SS Yuri Gagarin. Speed.... 10k kps - Intelligence designate these as fighters or FAC's.

15.10 - SS Yuri Gagarin takes damage from the Zhdanov FAC's. A Freak Hit on one of the Engines results in a Strenght 14 Explosion which rip the Scout apart. 122 Crew reach the escape pods, but 326 crew remain behind forever, including Commodore Culise. His last action was sending the Code Omega Drones ensuring that Fleet Command know of this new enemy.

Culise - New Avatar/Role?

4 Jumps from Sol - We have Found the Swarm!!

2064 Continues.

28/8 - Colonel Trespoe completes Excavations on Gliese 408 A-II. The Race has been Identified as the Federated States of Chinmen Tao and 9 installations can be recovered. Transit to Gliese 54 is being arranged.
Colonel Trespoe improves Xenology to 20%.
18/9 - 100 Mines converted to Automatic and deployed to empty Phobos of 1k tons of Duranium. The Reserve Cargo Group performs this task since the main Group is transporting mines to Ross 248.
Based on recent events, 2 new Naval Shipyards are being constructed on Earth.
24/10 - Construction Factory recovered on Gliese 1-A II.
29/10 - SS Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld dispatched Gliese 687 JP3.
4/11 - Mine recovered on Gliese 1-A II.
14/11 - Terraforming Installation recovered on Gliese 1-A II.
19/11 - Amadeus have today presented the new R20/C2 Meson Cannon. Only 1 lab is assigned for next project.
22/11 - SS Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld arrives in STF 1321. A Binary system with 2 Rocky, 1 Gas and 2 Asteroids. 1 marginal colonization target.
29/11 - 2 Maintenance Facilities recovered on Gliese 1-A II.
6/12 - Colonel Trespoe and the rest of the Team have arrived in Gliese 54.
24/12 - Merry X-mas from your friendly Engineers! 100 points of Infrastructure recovered on Gliese 1-A II.
29/12 - Our Logistical Experts have improved our Cargo Handling Systems.

Thus Endth 2064 and we are now surrounded by targets! The Wolfs have seen through our plans and declared themselves hostile as well. The Kox remain a problem in various systems and the 82 Eridani Aliens are probably enemies as well.
Only good thing is that our resource base is increasing fast and we are now 9 months away from next engine level, but at the cost of some labs transferred from Lord Isaac Strange to Engines.
And our last original Naval Officer perished. I feel alone here, as the last survivor. Think my next avatar will be another administrator as last Survivor Standing!
Redesign and Refit begins Wednesday/Thursday! I have some plans for the rebuild I will reveal at that time.

@ Reis - There is nothing Nebula'ish about 82 Eridani. It is a normal system!

82 Eridani isn't a nebula, right?

Anyway, looks like we are going to see some action...
Still, 1000 for the main ship, 10000 for the FACs, looks like the Swarm...

And to think I was picked to check the other jump point. Pfew...

PS: I missed the part where the Wolfs attacked us. Did they blow up one of our ships, too? :eek:

Still, 1000 for the main ship, 10000 for the FACs, looks like the Swarm...

And to think I was picked to check the other jump point. Pfew...

PS: I missed the part where the Wolfs attacked us. Did they blow up one of our ships, too? :eek:

Nope, but they are showing hostile on the Diplomacy Screen now.... We'll see how they like the Spiculums, the Anvils and the Nautilus'

Did Randy ever throw in a new role or?

Yes. Most empathically so. I wanted to be a naval officer. The kind that sees action this time, please.
And I asked for a battlecruiser, too. :)

Ok, time for a little creative shuffling here....

Captain Onbekende Transferred CV Blue Emu as new Flag Captain of the Fleet under Vice Admiral Boris ze Spider II.
Thats what they call promoting upwards he?

Frst course of action, in honour of the late captain who's name was given to my ship, jerryrig all the fighters together and attempt trans lightspeed velovity!

Thats what they call promoting upwards he?

Frst course of action, in honour of the late captain who's name was given to my ship, jerryrig all the fighters together and attempt trans lightspeed velovity!

Some mouths also whisper that it would be more suitable to call them "bend-over" promotions... :) (I guess that is the function of the Political Commander bonuses...)

@ Hearth - Relax - we need the ships first. You got the chance of some robots, you'll have to live with that for now... :)

@ Randy - Well, I think I've found the perfect here..... Captain Randakar II, Crew Training 25, Fleet Maneuver 138, Survey 10%, Factory Bonus 30%, Intelligence 20%Logistics 20% - An Organized, Paranoid Captain with a strange medical condition that might be mental caused by his Paranoia....... For now I'll stick you on the CL South Carolina until the refit. CL South Carolina is currently assigned the Alpha Centauri Picket Force, but will return to Sol for overhaul soon.

@ Onbekende - Lol, I'm certain the esteemed Avian Overlord will appreciate it.

@ Reis - Well, since you are still senior to Onbekende.................................. :D

2065 part 1 to follow.