• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah something like that. I accidentally stumbled upon some swedish noble house with the same name (ofcourse with Swedish spelling, not the danish, but that was a minor thing back then xD), and to my surprise I came across a guy with the same first and last name as my self.. in Swedish ofcourse, but still funny :p

I think I'll probably try to do a little migrating to Sweden and see how stuff goes :p

Yeah something like that. I accidentally stumbled upon some swedish noble house with the same name (ofcourse with Swedish spelling, not the danish, but that was a minor thing back then xD), and to my surprise I came across a guy with the same first and last name as my self.. in Swedish ofcourse, but still funny :p

I think I'll probably try to do a little migrating to Sweden and see how stuff goes :p

The stierna part of Axel Oxenstiernas name I think came from the German word for forehead (Stirn) and not from star. Though it would be quite weird to have the family name of just Forehead:D

Not Oxenstierna, I just searched Stierna (Don't even remember why) and apparantly someone was actually named Stierna in Sweden in the late middle ages :p

Ah like that. I'm pretty sure it's just the old way of spelling it. Atleast the danish noble family "Gyldenstjerne" was known in Sweden as "Gyllenstierna", so pretty sure it's correct, but might be wrong ofcourse :)

Congrats to the winners!

Too bad we can't be given the option of creating our own little dynasty with their own surnames or something. Would add so much diversity to an already great game, a la Romance of the Three Kingdoms style.

Congrats to the winners!

Too bad we can't be given the option of creating our own little dynasty with their own surnames or something. Would add so much diversity to an already great game, a la Romance of the Three Kingdoms style.

You can, it just requires a bit of "modding". And with the modular mod system used since EU3, you should be able to make a custom mod, that has your dynasty throughout history.

Congrats to the winners! They are some good sounding names.

Ah, curses, I thought more would be chosen since there were so many good ones. I was also holding out hope for mine since the family had a definitive location and make-up at the start of the timeline. But anyway, congrats to all the winners! It will be fun watching your family members appear around the world (and killing them out of spite... :D).

I am now going to engineer a game where every man and woman of the Campbell dynasty is named Bruce.

What is this madness? How come I didn't get picked? Or any of the other devs that entered. This contest has obviously been rigged...

I am now going to engineer a game where every man and woman of the Campbell dynasty is named Bruce.
The armies of darkness don't stand a chance :).

I too would like to express my thanks for getting chosen; I feel like I've won the Paradox lottery. There truly were a ton of great entries. Perhaps my condolences to those that weren't selected will dissuade some of you from hunting down my kinsman in the game :). And of course congratulations to the other winners.

I would love to do a Campbell AAR, but it might take some time to complete. CK2 is scheduled to be released right around the time a new Campbell enters this world. As of late February, I'll be on childcare duty for, well, the next 18 years.

Woo I win by default. With a first name Alan, I have an entire people named after me in CK2! And after my first name, not sur-name. Can you beat that? :p

Edit: My friend Christian just called and said hello

Last edited:
how will they be added? as random generated for one province where appropriate or as a single courtier at the start of the game?
Would Campbell have not been in the game anyway? seems like one youd expect anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.