• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My game as Afghanistan -> Durrani Empire so far.

h6a9x7ac5sj2.jpg

gv99yza7bbdt.jpg

oyphl6qlaq4t.jpg

Made with PDM mod...

worldmapusagame11211.jpg

usadominionsusagame1121.jpg

victoryscreenusagame112.jpg

One of my best games ever! Yes I did play the USA, but it was tough nonetheless. The game started as an effort by me to keep under Infamy and be nice, however it developed into a sort of world conquest after I accidentally went over my infamy limit fighting UK and Mexico in the 1860s, so I just went with it.

I fought two containment wars with France, then beat up a whole lot of minors, uncivs and secondary powers before fighting big wars with Russia, France, UK and NGF after 1900. I could of done better in conquest, especially by fighting my wars with the GPs earlier than the 1900s on and using my DPs better. However I learned a lot for future games. At the end I had reduced the UK and NGF to less than 20 brigades (after the peace). Needed a few more wars to "clean-up" the map a bit, but ran out of time. Oh I was responsible for the large Greece, I figured that supporting their expansionist aspirations worked for me as well. :)

Final Infamy was 1636.17. Final number of states was 158. I got literacy up to 77.6% despite all my African and Asian states I added. I had more money than I knew what to do with and had a 117 million pound surplus bank, with an income of 49.57 thousand per day surplus at the end. In my final big war with the UK I called up over 1k brigades of reservists and had over 2800 brigades but was still in the green during most of the war. I finally ended up with 3261 active brigades and 3171 ships, with about a third of those dreadnaughts. FYI, I ended at peace so I wouldn't have inflated numbers from being at war. :)

Some other screens below for your reference:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/802/productionscreenusagame.jpg

Notice that I produce everything!

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/830/populationscreenusagame.jpg

Notice the preponderance of Buddhists and Chinese in the empire.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/2829/nationalrankingsusagame.jpg

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/3558/nationalcomparisonusaga.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/451/countrypopulationusagam.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6199/budgetscreenusagame1121.jpg

All in all this game represented the best and the worst of the game. If you actually just go out of character and go on a conquest rampage intelligently you can really bust out. Note also for this game that I didn't reload from errors, use any cheats or really game the system (beyond standard combat tactics). The game was vanilla played with the latest 1.4 beta download.

It was really fun!!!

Hello everyone, first post.

I've been playing as Poland on PDM mod for about 40 years, I've fought about 2 wars against Russia since i gained freedom from their sphere of influence and white peace'd out both times, I've taken 2 states from Austria during the brothers war between them and Prussia and i just took a sea port from Lithuania (don't know when they were released, but they had no sphere on them and an alliance to Austro-Hungary). Not that interesting really, however i stopped playing and made this post here when i realized.

This is the most spectacularly bizarre world I've ever played.

1785517V2_1.png

9585077V2_1.png

Through looking at the map and the diplomatic backlog, here are some of the highlights of this map:

• Prussia erradicated Austria during the brothers wars and Bavaria look a large amount of austria
  • Bavaria sphered Austria and took all South German populations from the NGF (whom was under attack from France and the UK from containment wars
  • Bavaria then took the South German pop from an exhasted France and formed the SGF
  • SGF then over about 15 years took over the NGF and formed Germany
  • Iceland is a Great Power
  • Japan civilized in the mid 1860's and became a Great Power
  • The USA, the CSA and Texas exist at the same time
  • The Quing Empire and the Heavenly Kingdom exist at the same time
  • Germany fought a world war against the great powers with Italy and Austro-Hungry, and won (white peace).
  • Lithuania just lost a war to me and still are a higher rank than me
  • My literacy is 15% and i'm 8th for industry (hooray from PDM and other pops adding to research points).

There are 60 years left in this game, there are 60 years left in this game, oh wow. There are 60 years left in this game.

I really need to try out PDM one of these days, it looks like alot of fun can still be had with a mostly vanilla starting map. By that I mean all the nations are the same, unlike Divergence and Springtime of Nations.

PDM stands for Pop Demand Mod. It pretty much balances the entire game, from what I heard, and makes it alot more realistic and adds tons of new nations and I think makes a bit more realistic borders as well. They have the full info over at their thread. And it is appealing, because of how balanced it makes the game, as well as a nicer looking map.

Just to bring this thread back to the first 10 threads.

I present a (nearly completed) World Conquest by the British Empire by July 1927. The last independent nations were integrated in 1926 and all that is left are the Indian puppets and their puppet master. I then tried to get a revolution, which I got, and it broke the game meaning it freezes every time due to the numbers of rebels.

In terms of speed of this WC, while I wasted only 3-5 DPs (when I wasn't paying attention), I made a few other smaller mistakes so I could been done ~2 years earlier. Also I should have tried to get my revolution asap to release the minors and make them annexable.

summary:

For more information and savegames visit the AAR section of Victoria 2. :)

@brycef: Nice USA you got there, to bad you couldn't get all of Canada it would have looked nice :)

Hail Britannia! Long live the British Empire!

Worry about the Canadians later, the Sweds must be kicked out of Ohio! They have no way to transport their troops, and thus shall be easy for a revolution! Then we shall remove the Canadians ;)