• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Divine Wind does this already. It add Wastelands areas that cannot be colonize or crossed but are explorable.

Um I mean a mod that allows colonization of those regions... Im not really too fussed about the really northern ones etc... But there is a large chunk of USA which apparently is too inhospitable to colonize even though lots of people leave there lol...

So yeah looking for a mod that has those regions as actual regions... Colonizable and buildable etc...

Um I mean a mod that allows colonization of those regions... Im not really too fussed about the really northern ones etc... But there is a large chunk of USA which apparently is too inhospitable to colonize even though lots of people leave there lol...

USA in 1800:
1800.jpg

USA Population Density Today (Yellow areas have less than 4 people per square mile).
USA-2000-population-density.gif

Thats cool... Do love history lol...

But anyway... Im sure there is a mod that does this? The land isnt siberia it wasnt colonized back then cause it just wasnt... But this is alternate history... Not history...

But I swear I have seen screenshots before with these lands as playable... Just a link would be nice...

Thanks.

That forum is confusing as hell lol... Im not trying to start a debate here on these regions and what not... Just after a one trick pony mod that enables them lol and hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction...

That area was called the Great American Desert until well into the Victoria timeframe.

"I do not hesitate in giving the opinion, that it is almost wholly unfit for cultivation, and of course, uninhabitable by a people depending upon agriculture for their subsistence. Although tracts of fertile land considerably extensive are occasionally to be met with, yet the scarcity of wood and water, almost uniformly prevalent, will prove an insuperable obstacle in the way of settling the country." - US government report, 1823.

USA Population Density Today (Yellow areas have less than 4 people per square mile).
USA-2000-population-density.gif

Seems like Wyoming and Montana has space for a lot more people...Hehe?

Thats cool... Do love history lol...

But anyway... Im sure there is a mod that does this? The land isnt siberia it wasnt colonized back then cause it just wasnt... But this is alternate history... Not history...

But I swear I have seen screenshots before with these lands as playable... Just a link would be nice...

Thanks.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?545796-The-Steppe-Wolf-(AirotciV)

That's AitrociV//The Steppe Wolf
A mod with great potential but it's clearly not bug-free.
You CAN colonize the whole of the EU3 world(?) in this mod.

It's almost 1670. I'm a Western tech, Republican Dictatorship Cherokee who controls roughly from the Appalachians to the Mississippi. The Netherlands is the big colonizer, controlling almost all of Mexico, the Eastern Seaboard and the Texas/Louisiana Gulf Coast. They've parked a 28-strong army in Carolina, and whenever they attack I wind up giving away a couple provinces even though I can still beat smaller European armies.

Should I keep waiting for the 'convert to Christianity' event (I'm full innovative, which seems to be the only way to speed it up) or modernize the military before I fall completely behind?

Yet another IN diplomatic question:
When a junior partner in one alliance has occupied an enemy OPM, can annexation be done by any other means than savegame editing?

I'm doing the Byzantine Achievement and finally got secure, but for the life of me I can't figure which province I actually need for the achievement. I got all the BYZ core back already.

Is it Kaffa?

Which event is that? The only one I'm aware of will convert one of your provinces to Christianity, but that still wouldn't let you convert your state religion. Unless I've missed one?

One (well, three or four for the different branches) with a MTTH of 5000 months that allows pagan countries that border Christian ones/Christian provinces to convert to that type of Christianity.

1. When starting as Castille/Portugal (Upcoming catholic colonial empire) in 1399, what national ideas would be wise to pick and in which order?
2. Sliders - what should I go for?

First idea could be any of National Trade Policy, Military Drill or National Bank. Second should be QFTNW, obviously. Then Colonial Ventures or Land of Opportunity depending on how strong your economy is. When you have a huge colonial empire, get Viceroys and possibly Grand Navy/Press Gangs. (When you're more advanced, you can try swapping ideas around - get QFTNW at trade 7, then possibly drop it once you've explored enough and you don't need the range boost anymore).

2. Centralization is always good. Free Trade will make you money especially since both Castille and Portugal start with an okay initial position. Narrowminded boosts colonial growth rate. Naval boosts tariffs + naval forcelimit. Free Subjects for cheaper tech. Quality/Quantity and Offense/Defense don't matter much. Go either full Aristocracy (better generals and cheap cavalry) or full Plutocracy (Spies, slight trade boost) but don't stay in the middle.

1. When starting as Castille/Portugal (Upcoming catholic colonial empire) in 1399, what national ideas would be wise to pick and in which order?
2. Sliders - what should I go for?
I would personally:

Portugal: Church Attendance Day, grab Gilded Iconography, swap for Press Gangs. Next idea is QFTNW, then Land of Opportunity, then Colonial Ventures. From there do whatever, maybe Excellent Shipwrights.

Castille: CAD (Gilded Iconography once again) into Military Drill, then (if you want to colonize) QFTNW/Land of Opportunity/Colonial Ventures/Press Gangs/Viceroys in that order.

--

Sliders: Portugal should be heavily narrowminded, heavily naval, defensive, etc. Castille should be probably be more neutral in land vs naval and maybe as well in innovative vs narrowminded (if you plan to basically only colonize then go naval, but castille often has continental interests too). Portugal should be plutocratic, Castille can be either.

First idea could be any of National Trade Policy, Military Drill or National Bank. Second should be QFTNW, obviously. Then Colonial Ventures or Land of Opportunity depending on how strong your economy is. When you have a huge colonial empire, get Viceroys and possibly Grand Navy/Press Gangs. (When you're more advanced, you can try swapping ideas around - get QFTNW at trade 7, then possibly drop it once you've explored enough and you don't need the range boost anymore).

2. Centralization is always good. Free Trade will make you money especially since both Castille and Portugal start with an okay initial position. Narrowminded boosts colonial growth rate. Naval boosts tariffs + naval forcelimit. Free Subjects for cheaper tech. Quality/Quantity and Offense/Defense don't matter much. Go either full Aristocracy (better generals and cheap cavalry) or full Plutocracy (Spies, slight trade boost) but don't stay in the middle.

Okay.. so basically I should go towards centralization, free trade, free subjects, naval (probably mostly with the portuguese) and full aristocracy/plutocracy.
About innovative/narrowminded - Is the increase in colonial growth really worth the decrease in tech research when going narrowminded? I have always choosen sliders according to be able to tech fast.

Also, regarding the budget sliders: Would it be best to balance spending evenly on them, or should you always prioritize. I tend to favour land and naval.. often falling a bit behind behind in the economy ones.

I would personally:

Portugal: Church Attendance Day, grab Gilded Iconography, swap for Press Gangs. Next idea is QFTNW, then Land of Opportunity, then Colonial Ventures. From there do whatever, maybe Excellent Shipwrights.

Castille: CAD (Gilded Iconography once again) into Military Drill, then (if you want to colonize) QFTNW/Land of Opportunity/Colonial Ventures/Press Gangs/Viceroys in that order.

--

Sliders: Portugal should be heavily narrowminded, heavily naval, defensive, etc. Castille should be probably be more neutral in land vs naval and maybe as well in innovative vs narrowminded (if you plan to basically only colonize then go naval, but castille often has continental interests too). Portugal should be plutocratic, Castille can be either.

Why is Church Attendance Day so great? I've heard a lot of people praising this when you're a catholic country, but im not impressed by -33% stability cost and +5% papal influence. I'd rather have National bank, Military Drill or Grand army as my first idea, but im surely missing the point about it!

Also, what is Gilded Iconography? Never heard of it.

Church Attendance Duty enables Gilded Iconography. GI gives:
* +3% cultural tradition/yr
* +2.5% missionary chance
* +1 prestige/yr
* and -8% tax
It also costs some ducats to enact, but the effects stay indefinitely (unless repealed with the Iconoclasm decision)

Many people rave about it, some think it's not worth the tax hit. Either way, CAD is part of the advice entirely because of GI.