• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alright everybody. It is now acceptable, and encouraged at least to do it once, until next Friday to express boundless gratitude to Naselus and Thunderhawk3 for putting into code the chain of events that will restore a working balance of power to the world of "The Presidents".

I thank them now. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

With that I declare Naselus/ThunderHawk3 Appreciation Week to be officially begun.

Clarification: They coded events that will once and for all end the French menace to game balance. (What these events are exactly, I cannot tell you, as that would be a spoiler).

((Huh? All I did was <REDACTED>.

Anyway, if you need any more code, let me know. Happy to help.))

THE EXAMINER

Callahan for President

The Examiner is endorsing New Democrat Callahan for President. He is committed to pursuing Cuban liberation and will not stand for more obstruction from the Spanish. He has a well thought out moderate economic plan that seeks to further the interests of all Americans, not just a favored class. Overall his non-partisan policies will be best for Californians and all Americans. We encourage all our readers to give Callahan their support.

Last edited:
Geeze, you leave for a day and Washington explodes!

I announce my retirement from politics. The New Democrats are as lousy as usual (I mean that in a good way), and the Republicans are leaving from their core values. We need young blood in our government at this crossroads, and all we have in the GOP are grissled veterans. I myself am advancing in years, it seems just a month ago I was 30 years old (ta-ta-ta-ta-time warp!)! The rise of the Federal Party shows the growing distrust for Washington politics, and the rise of the Western Cities.

To the Republicans: I have never held high office, and have only served the New York Senate honorably for many years. My message to you is to stay stalwart in industry and freedom.

To the New Democrats: You guys... really just suck. You really do. (kidding, kidding).

To the Federales: You represent the rise of the West and a before forgotten component of American Life. Use this new power to advance the interests of the West, and America can soar from Sea to Sea like never before.

I would like to thank the Academy, and all the little people for my time. I would like to thank my mom Mary Bachmann, my dad Mark Bachmann, my brother Abraham Bachmann, my other brother Eric Bachmann, my sister Sarah Bachmann, my neighbors in the tenement I grew up in forty years ago though I forget your names, that homeless guy who begs outside my mansion, the baker of bread, the butcher across the street, and that guy who gives me a nod at the train station. I could not have done this without all of you.

Long Live a Republic, built on Free Trade, Liberty, Industry. Long Live the USA.

I would like to thank Bill, Robert, Mark, Jennifer, Sarah...

I will retire and take up my shipping industry again. Perhaps trading in the Caribbean might be profitable (foreshadowing: A common literary tool used to poke reference and future events in a novel or piece of literate. Generally useless, as one can only know something foreshadows something else after having read the entire literary piece).

Long Live the USA

Oliver Glynn for Federal presidential nominee. We need men of action ((yes, he means Cuba)) in our government again.

((also: yay, France will fall from its lofty overpoweredness!l))

Mr. Bachmann, may I be the first to wish you a happy retirement, and thank you for your dedicated service to the Republic and its values.

Ladies and gentlemen, the good Senator is right; the Republican Party has strayed from its core values. I, as a leader of this Party, and as President of this Most Blessed Union, swear to follow the principles of free trade, free market, free press, and free people. I can only hope that the my Party, and the people of the United States, will find me to be a suitable successor to the ideals of Washington, Jefferson, Madison, and all the founders, who, in their great wisdom, formed the Most Perfect Union to ever grace the face of the Earth.

May God bless Senator Bachmann, my opponents, the citizens of this great nation, and the world with Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty.

Thank You.

God be with Senator Bachmann, a shining example of civility and a statesman.

On the other hand, what excessive government interference? The government shall only build infrastructure, subsidize education, and help the economy with short bursts of needed capital under my provision.

As I have stated previously, I intend to use the two-power rule for the navy. It is not the army which constitutes our safest measure against invasion, but control of the seas.

(oye, dont ruin my grandstanding!)

President Mandrake casts his vote in the primary for Vice President Jarvis, and wishes the winner good luck. Also I will accept any defense-related position but would prefer to not be put out to pasture.

((No love for Benjamin Rutledge. :())

If you weren't running against my Vice President, I've had voted for you, Mr. Rutledge.

((The New Democrat primary really seems to be heating up :D))
I'm pretty sure I'm the favourite.

((Yeah, King, Callahan might lose; though I'd hate to see Callahan win, so I'm hoping Callahan can pull through and beat Callahan:p))
It's neck and neck, but I'll wholeheartedly support whoever wins in the end.

I'll send some flowers, with a cabinet position or a card or something.

I have selected a Vice Presidential candidate, now working on my election platform.

((Speaking of Vice Presidents, I have tried to extend a bridge to you Democrats, but who knows if you'll accept it...

That is, if I win. Which I don't think I will, unless we face a Rivera-style turnaround.))

((I personally didn't see that turnaround happening, and I'm certainly not seeing it here... but you never know)).

I would like to that all those who have given me their support; let us hope that it is enough to stem the tide of imperialism, interventionism, and incrementalism that my opponents will bring...

Ladies and gentlemen, I have seen many wars, and served in several; I have never voted for war. I have seen death, and destruction, volleys and barrages; I have never voted for a war. My opponents, despite their words, are not opposed to the death of thousands, possibly millions, in pursuit of a, at most, a few hundred Rebels. The fear of war may force Spain into coercion, but the moment we are weak, the moment we falter, that is the moment she will seek revenge. I have served my nation, and I have served the cause of liberty, both on the field of battle and the halls of office; I have never, and will never, support war; bloodshed, death, destruction, poverty, homelessness, and hatred are the wages of war. Do we want the blood of innocent lives on our hands?

((Whether it is Callahan, or ugh, Callahan, I wish the NDP the best of luck))

Last edited:
Commonweal
A platform for the Federal Party.

The United States of America was born a democracy. It was born in the town halls of New England, where men - and in some villages, such as those of the Quakers, women too - would gather to vote on the issues affecting their communities.

It came of age in the Continental Congress, a body of elected officials who would themselves vote on all major policy rather than delegating major decision making to one corruptible man. The enforcement of these Congress-wide decisions would be performed by committees, where decisions were achieved by votes and their mandate of authority was very specific and very limited to the goals and responsibilities delineated by the main body of the Congress.

It reached maturity during the administration of President Jackson, who believed tirelessly in the power and the glory of popular democracy; of a United States where the great unwashed masses achieved through direct democracy in referendums and the power to recall their officials their sovereign right to abolish and establish their national institutions, in a constant process of seeking and moving towards a more perfect union.

Politics only becomes a dirty word when it is left to the politicians - citizens politics is what this entire nation was founded upon. Because no one who understands the way we were at the time of the American Revolution, the vibrant civic life we had in the town halls and through the countless citizens newspapers, can doubt that we were and should always be a democracy; the greatest democracy the world has ever seen.

The Federal Party stands for a return to citizen politics and to civic duty; the responsibility of civic duty coming hand in hand with the right of all Americans to the popular vote. Like the nation as it stood during the Revolution, we Federals seek to return our great country to the form of a Commonwealth - a word that in the times of the Revolution referred to the means by which public goods such as law enforcement and public works were administrated by the very people whose taxes were paying for them and who would have the most to gain or lose from them. A time when citizens were responsible for those public goods and the very idea of government was that it should always be dedicated to the common good of all within the community.

To the ends of establishing a government of the people, for the people, and by the people; those who pledge themselves to this platform swear to...

- Always uphold universal franchise and equality before the law
- Unfailingly defend the popular sovereignty of the states and the municipalities within
- Be ever faithful to direct democracy, and the power of the people to hold referendums on public policy at a local and state level and to recall their elected officials at any time
- Be constant allies of free speech, free assembly, and free inquiry; and constant foes to partisanship, censorship, and biased journalism
- To pursue and encourage a cooperative commonwealth where the economy serves the community rather than the other way around

I, Josaiah T. Bridgeworthy, do swear myself to this platform and pledge myself to the defense of this Great Machine that is America; to our Great Democracy and our American Commonwealth!

Mr. Bridgeworthy, you are mistaken; The United States is a Republic, not a Democracy. Democracy is a failure; the Greeks were unable to stop even a despot, in Phillip of Macedon, due to their division and inefficiencies. They struggled in wars and conflicts, and why? The whim of the masses, the heat of the moment. That is the great fallacy of Democracy: glorified mob rule,the tyranny of the majority. Our Republic, however, is based on the Romans; nay, it was an improvement of the Roman system. Our system is formatted in such a way to ensure that a tyranny, a oligarchy, a monarchy, or a democracy would not arise. That is the purpose of the electoral college! That is why state legislature vote for Senators! That is why we have three branches of government, each built to oversee the other two.

I agree with your values of civic duty, though I support it voluntarily, whilst your seems more... legislated, and our shared devotion to popular sovereignty and delegation to the states: however, your support for mob rule will lead only to stagnation, to bureaucracy, and, eventually, tyranny.

I do find it refreshing to see someone with the same desire, the same fire, as me to protect the freedom of the press, of religion, association, and all other of the Bill of Rights, as well as your love of the equality under the law. However, this 'direct democracy' is a pleasant phrase for the tyranny of the majority, for irrationalism, and gridlock. This idea of a 'cooperative commonwealth' also smacks of something... less than republican.

Last edited:
I Eamon Callahan do solemnly swear to

- Unfailingly defend the sovereignty of the compositional governments of this republic
- Be ever faithful to direct democracy, and the power of the people to hold referendums on domestic policy at a local and state level and to impeach their elected officials at any time
- Be a constant ally to free speech, free assembly and free inquiry; and a constant foe to partisanship, censorship and manipulation of journalism
- To pursue and encourage a cooperative commonwealth where the economy serves the community rather than the other way around

I, Eamon Callahan, do pledge myself to defence of the commonwealth of the American States, as well as the democratic rights they stand for.

It is to be anticipated that Vice President Jarvis would oppose anything to do with a commonwealth, with the root meaning of "public welfare".

Last edited:
I Eamon Callahan do solemnly swear to

- Unfailingly defend the popular sovereignty of the states and the municipalities within
- Be ever faithful to direct democracy, and the power of the people to hold referendums on public policy at a local and state level and to recall their elected officials at any time
- Be constant allies of free speech, free assembly, and free inquiry; and constant foes to partisanship, censorship, and biased journalism

I, Eamon Callahan, do pledge myself to defence of the Commonwealth of American States, as well as the democratic rights it stands for.

What! But Bridgeworthy just said that? Are you 'jumping on the bandwagon,' endorsing it fully? I knew you were on the radical side, but this is not the Commonwealth of American States; This is the United States of America, a Federal Republic, Blessed by God, the Bastion of Liberty, the Home of the Brave, the Land of the Free, and the Shining City on a Hill, not some flawed utopian commune!

If we are not a democracy, then surely you, one of the most powerful men in the nation, would have the power and nay, the responsibility, to ban this party and outlaw my candidacy. So then why is it all you can do to stand there in an impotent rage?

The fact that I can disagree with one of the most powerful men in America and run, freely and openly, on a platform almost antithetical to his own views...and that he can do nothing about it except try to convince me and others of our folly, is proof that we are and should always be a democracy. For if we were not, surely the Federal Party would be struck from the face of this blessed earth.

I have no right to ban you from speaking our mind, or from forming political parties, as you have those rights in the Constitution, and from God. I have as little right to silence you as you me. But what you say is irrelevant; it has nothing to do with democracy and republic. Though a democracy will eventually degrade itself into a shouting match, where only the loudest are heard. This system, republicanism, is the surest way to prevent one as powerful as me from silencing you.