• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@randakar: When will this start?

If I'm not killed by Saturday, please sub me, as I'm going on holiday for two weeks...

Confirming my not-inness.

@randakar: When will this start?

If I'm not killed by Saturday, please sub me, as I'm going on holiday for two weeks...

Right now my tentative plan calls for Friday as the start of the end of the twelve colonies.
So yeah, you may have some issues there.

Note that they need to message a wolf (or attached cultist/sorcerer) from that pack as well or it doesn't count.
(If the rules don't make that clear I have a little rewriting to do..)

As for the wolf not needing to send a PM.. I don't really see the point. Either the cultist chooses to join them, or he doesn't. For the wolves there is no real choice to make - more packmates is almost always going to help their side.

Of course the JL can try PM shenanigans to get a cultist to confess, but that has always been and always will be part and parcel of the unattached baddie roles.

What I was referring to is if there's a JL outing of a wolf, all the cultists are free to PM that wolf and you and then they're free to join the pack, without needing the wolf to confirm. This means the outed wolf doesn't have to worry about random villagers sending fake messages to stop them linking up with cultists, as all they have to do is wait for GM confirmation of anyone who is a cultist. Because the cultists become for all intents and purposes wolves, this could well be worthwhile for them rather than waiting to see which pack is stronger - especially if the sorceror is dead.

In fact, if a wolf is prepared to gamble on there being more than one cultist (and it is a gamble), it could be worthwhile for them to out themselves as a wolf on turn one, and tell all cultists to contact them. Of course, a random villager could do this to get cultist names, and from there the mind games continue.

Final Five rules are up. Note, again, that I won't use that trait unless we hit at least 26 players.
Also, the cultist had a slight update: They are now expressly not allowed to change their allegiance once they are attached to a pack.

These rules are now final, in the sense that I am not planning any further changes. Meaning now is the time to go read them and complain, before I start setting up this game.

I assume the final five could be wolves, villagers, seers, etc? They won't be told each other's roles?

1) It's a trait, yes.
2) The rules don't say that they will, therefore they won't be.

Uh... one clarification; will there be a chance for Brother Cavil to be explicitly part of the Final Five, or not? The GM may choose to not answer this question.

Uh... one clarification; will there be a chance for Brother Cavil to be explicitly part of the Final Five, or not? The GM may choose to not answer this question.

I have not actually decided on the setup yet. I may or may not throw the village curve balls; All I guarantee is that what is on the first page is what you get in terms of options.
I know this sounds like a really long way to not answer that - and you'd be correct :p

I hope you start soon. If not I don't think I'll be able to play.

I want my instant gratification and I want it NOW!

:rofl:

and OUT.

Will not have so much free time this week or the next.

So little patience.

Very well. I am willing to entertain the notion of satisfying this request. The holiday slump is already costing us a lot of players, may as well start early with what we have now. :/
I really was planning to do a bit more advertising but meh .. can't really be bothered.
If people think certain people need to be poked by PM now is the time. Game will start within the next 24 hours.

Theme + new rules + apathy + no time / fruitcakes : No Euro