Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How fast are you sending people to those colonies ?

Can you afford building more Colony-ships and/or, as you have some money now, to subvention for a couple of years the Civilian Sector to help them expand their own fleet ?

How fast are you sending people to those colonies ?

Can you afford building more Colony-ships and/or, as you have some money now, to subvention for a couple of years the Civilian Sector to help them expand their own fleet ?

The Civilian sector seems to be making money, so I'm just leaving them to it. If we have surplus cash, I would rather spend it financing more research. We have five colony ships. I am currently building faster Freighters, since they seem to be the bottle-neck at the moment (notice that there are four mass drivers and over 130 automated mines on Earth, waiting to be deployed somewhere more useful).

Commander Seli in ESN Copernicus has discovered the new system of Gliese 752, with two habitable planets, one as good as Mars.

The ESN Galileo II has completed its Grav and Geo survey of Theta Persei. This is the first system with a class-0 world that was not already claimed by an alien race, and it seems to be quite rich in minerals as well. We should make this system a priority for colonization.

Sorry to be a bother, but what survey ship do I command?

ESN Avernum. You may rename it... hopefully after an Astronomer, Physicist or other Scientist.

Last edited:
:eek:

G_221_Dublish.jpg

Dublish was a Fighter pilot... so it was likely a training accident.

The lives of our Fighter pilots are nasty, brutish and short. Which is quite a coincidence, since so are most of the pilots themselves.

Want a new character? Same job, or a different one?

230 pages in one day... I've read too much...

Good luck building on your good fortunes! Joeb will be joining your navy shortly!

Was Dublish one of the survivors of Wolf 294?

Was Dublish one of the survivors of Wolf 294?

Indeed... he survived that massacre of Fighters by the Prix, only to die in a training accident a month or two later. Spooky.

230 pages in one day... I've read too much...

Just wait until you reach the part where we take the Combined Fleet into Wolf 294.

Do we have a copernicus?

We already have: Copernicus, Ptolomy, Chandrasekhar, Maxwell, Newton, Galileo, Beer and a few with irregular names that I would like to gradually rename to proper class names.

There's still no Aristarchus (Greek astronomer who produced the first known map of the stars), no Tycho, no Brahe, no Hawking, no Einstein, no Hertzsprung, no Russel, no Eddington...

... a reporter once mentioned to Eddington (during an interview) that he had been told that only three people in the world understood Relativity. Eddington frowned, and said nothing for several seconds. The reporter asked him what was wrong. Eddington replied "I'm trying to think who the third person might be..."

Obviously, the first two were Einstein and himself.

Last edited:
We already have: Copernicus, Ptolomy, Chandrasekhar, Maxwell, Newton, Galileo, Beer and a few with irregular names that I would like to gradually rename to proper class names.

There's still no Aristarchus (Greek astronomer who produced the first known map of the stars), no Tycho, no Brahe, no Hawking, no Einstein, no Hertzsprung, no Russel, no Eddington...

If we're talking astrophysicists and not just astronomers, then we must have a Susskind as well. To compensate for Hawking. :)

It only took a week :eek: to complete repairs to the ESN Agincourt's armor. I expect that the repairs to the Rocks will take a bit longer. The Spy class Recce vessels won't be ready for another nine months, and the two more Battles are more than two years from finishing. The Cornucopia hasn't even been started (still retooling) and the Culverin is still waiting for a free slip that can be retooled... so both of those classes are two or three still years away.

If we're talking astrophysicists and not just astronomers, then we must have a Susskind as well.

With Hawking, Einstein, Hertzsprung, Russel and Eddington on the list, we are obviously allowing Astro-Phyicists... so Susskind is cool.

Last edited:
Repairs to the Rocks will be completed in two weeks.

I was thinking on somethng.
The rocks did draw a lot of fire upon them.
But so did the fighters.
Is it worth to develop a very cheap and small fighter to draw enemy fire upon themselves?
Actually I´m not sure that is a good idea even myself. But I just wanna mention it anyway.

I was thinking on somethng.
The rocks did draw a lot of fire upon them.
But so did the fighters.
Is it worth to develop a very cheap and small fighter to draw enemy fire upon themselves?
Actually I´m not sure that is a good idea even myself. But I just wanna mention it anyway.

It's certainly a possibility... load two or three carriers with the smallest possible, cheap expendable Fighter, send them out first to soak up enemy shots, and load the rest of the carriers with strike fighters for the second wave attack.

The resource situation is already improving... our resource stockpiles are going up instead of down, and we still have over 120 automated mines left to deploy.