• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just what the hell is this i wonder. Six times on end.
V2_16.jpg

wah-2.jpg

Transvaal a world power...and competing with me for influence in Egypt. Strange indeed.

I knew the French communists felt like slaves of the capitalist system, but this costume party is too much...
V2_1.jpg

I was collecting screenshots to prove that immigration from overpopulated areas was a big factor in late game slowdowns, taking screenshots of places with weird population makeups and "rainbows" of POPs... when I noticed some people were emmigrating internally... to a province off in Russia... I followed it to the source and found this gem:
immigration1.png

is that OVER ONE MILLION immigrating at once? To a province with a RGO size of 324k, no less?

immigration2.png

yes, yes it is. Wow.

I love how just 41 people decided to leave... and to Greenland, at that! (BTW, I don't control Canada, or Paris, so there's a lot of external immigration occurring too.)

Just wow to the million plus people immigrating to that one province in a month. Perhaps there needs to be a hard limit for amount of immigrants a month. Or perhaps change in calculation on how often people migrate - it is just absurd that people move around that in such a small amount of time. Even America was not populated in a month by immigrants.

I thought, when I saw that 1 millions immigrants thing, that immigrants should travel like armies, one province to another (no telerporting) and be near to a naval base to emigrate accross the Ocean. That would not be so much lag, after all.

I've seen the big blob of immigrants before. I think that what happens is that the pops see that there is employment in some far off place, and that there is huge unemployment here, so all of the umemployed go there, even though there are more of them than there are jobs there.

This happened the day after I made the Panama Canal via having Columbia in my sphere, while there was a lot of unemployment everywhere. In one day zillions of colonists. They immediately sat there unemployed and slowly immigrated out.

I always find this sort of thing happening if I conquer Abu Dhabi. In a German game I took it, looked away for a month, came back, and all of the individual states had several hundred thousand population and were 80% or so North or South German culture.

As brucemo said, it's because of unemployed Farmers or Labourers seeing employment, so they all rush at once. They'll start migrating elsewhere after a while when they realise there's far more of them than there are jobs.

I've seen the big blob of immigrants before. I think that what happens is that the pops see that there is employment in some far off place, and that there is huge unemployment here, so all of the umemployed go there, even though there are more of them than there are jobs there.

This happened the day after I made the Panama Canal via having Columbia in my sphere, while there was a lot of unemployment everywhere. In one day zillions of colonists. They immediately sat there unemployed and slowly immigrated out.

Right. This late in the game, almost everyone has unemployment, because of POP growth and high militancy due to WE that has forced the AI to adopt all health care reforms.

I think what caused that specific province to be such a draw was an event where I chose an option that killed a certain percent of the population.

In any case it certainly proves my point about late game slowdowns. How many cultures do you think there are in that province now? (and how big is the native Russian "slice of the pie"?)

The same problem occurs with factory openings: a factory gets built, spurring craftsmen for an opening that doesn't exist, the factory opens, and there are still more craftsmen than jobs, and no openings anywhere else for them.