• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good work with the new version. I noticed that Maedi and Triballi (the Thracian provinces at the start that belongs to Lysimachos that later are barbarian controlled) do not have any population when starting 472. Also noticed that the localization for NO_CHAR (no character) is no longer there in this mod.

Thanks Lofman.

Yes, you are right about those two provinces. I got rid of the barbarian power but forgot about the population. Also a few others will need to be tweeked as someone reported to me in a PM,ie, for buildings pre 474, etc. Most of the ones in the east are done as I borrowed them from vanin's Diadochi Mod.

The NO_CHAR issue must be coming out of the some adjustment I made in a vanilla localisation file and been triggered by the adjutsment for the military_republic issue previously. I will have to track it down.

Thanks again for reporting.

Cheers

Hardradi

Last edited:
The event "Envoys from Saguntum arrive" keeps firing when at peace and at war with Carthage.

and how to fix it?

Last edited:
I'm suffering a graphical glitch that doesn't seem to go away. I'm not certain if it's Epigoni specific or Vanilla, but I never encountered it in a vanilla game [but I've never spent as much time in vanilla as I have in Epigoni, so that might be it].

To start with, I'm unable to see any text when I load my game. But when I let the game run for a few minutes paused or at speed one, it slowly goes back to normal. Then about a month or two after this, the fog of war gets broken up so that it's in checkered patterns all across the screen. And additionally, the borders for sea provinces will vanish.

Now, it doesn't make the game unplayable by any means, but it does tend to make any screenshots I take look absolutely dreadful, and I can work around it easily enough. Anything I can do, though?

The latest version (g) has Etruria and Rome at war with each other in 474--and each is also at war with itself.

Surg,

I am not getting this at my end.

I'm suffering a graphical glitch that doesn't seem to go away. I'm not certain if it's Epigoni specific or Vanilla, but I never encountered it in a vanilla game [but I've never spent as much time in vanilla as I have in Epigoni, so that might be it].

To start with, I'm unable to see any text when I load my game. But when I let the game run for a few minutes paused or at speed one, it slowly goes back to normal. Then about a month or two after this, the fog of war gets broken up so that it's in checkered patterns all across the screen. And additionally, the borders for sea provinces will vanish.

Now, it doesn't make the game unplayable by any means, but it does tend to make any screenshots I take look absolutely dreadful, and I can work around it easily enough. Anything I can do, though?

Sounds a bit weird LD. :eek: You might need to reinstall the mod and maybe the entire game.

There has been a minor glitch in the localisation files but I cant see how that would have any affect on fog of war.

LATEST VERSION HAS BEEN UPLOADED
Bug Fixes
- NO_CHAR localisation issue fixed (thanks to Lofman for pointing this out)
- Triballi and Maedi no population at new start date fixed (thanks to Lofman for pointing this out)
- fixed province buildings setup (thanks to Appius for pointing this out)
- added flags to Saguntum Punic War events to stop them from firing mutliple times (thanks to Oolog for finding this)

Weird. Let me look at the thing again and also reinstall the latest version.

Is h compatible with savegames made under g? I know that it's no good in terms of bug testing or support.

I got the "Our Liege has chosen poorly" event as the Ptolemaic Kingdom, in which one of the members of government makes an assassination attempt on the heir, and I am surprised that there is no chance whatsoever that the attacker could become Rival with either the Liege, the Consort, or the Heir if caught.

I thus humbly suggest that the Liege has about 30% chance to become the Rival of the attack, so that he can attempt to retaliate against the attacker.

I declared myself a monarchy with Syracuse and went to the government screen right after that, it fully loaded but crashed right after. Perhaps this has some connection or ot was just a random crash.

Were you a tyranny or a republic before declaring yourself a monarchy ?

I got the "Our Liege has chosen poorly" event as the Ptolemaic Kingdom, in which one of the members of government makes an assassination attempt on the heir, and I am surprised that there is no chance whatsoever that the attacker could become Rival with either the Liege, the Consort, or the Heir if caught.

I thus humbly suggest that the Liege has about 30% chance to become the Rival of the attack, so that he can attempt to retaliate against the attacker.

If you have a look at the event code, you can see that there is a chance of the person being imprisoned and becoming a rival of the heir (two chances for this).

Code:
		random_list = {
			35 = { # Succeeded
				country = {
					current_heir = {
						death = yes
					}
				}
			}
			15 = { # Failed, but maimed the target
				country = {
					current_heir = {
						add_trait = maimed
					}
				}
			}
			25 = {
				current_heir = { # Discovered and thrown in prison
					add_rival = THIS
				}
				popularity = -50
				prisoner = yes
			}
			25 = {
				current_heir = { # Got away, but under suspicion
					add_rival = THIS
				}
			}

If you have a look at the event code, you can see that there is a chance of the person being imprisoned and becoming a rival of the heir (two chances for this).

Code:
		random_list = {
			35 = { # Succeeded
				country = {
					current_heir = {
						death = yes
					}
				}
			}
			15 = { # Failed, but maimed the target
				country = {
					current_heir = {
						add_trait = maimed
					}
				}
			}
			25 = {
				current_heir = { # Discovered and thrown in prison
					add_rival = THIS
				}
				popularity = -50
				prisoner = yes
			}
			25 = {
				current_heir = { # Got away, but under suspicion
					add_rival = THIS
				}
			}

Still, the sine qua non condition is that the attacker missed his target. In fact, the chances should exist that the heir is killed or wounded, but he is discovered nonetheless.

In both chances above, what about adding the add_rival = THIS command? It's not that overpowered and only logical, and for this to happen the relations with the Liege would be very poor already.

I see what you mean, I can easily add in two more possabilities, where death or maiming occurs and the person is found out. Although it still needs the first two where you dont get discovered, there should always be this option. Otherwise it wouldnt be worth it.

It would be nice if you could set your interior minister/torturer on their trail, with a chance of finding out depending on their charisma/finesse rating. Even if such finesse could affect the success/failure of this event.

I got the event "Vengence", in which the Rival exact his/her revenge on the target by either killing or wounding him/her.

There seems to be an inversion in the "Die" possibility. When you read the description when hovering over the event button, it says target B has 50% chance to die in the hands of Rival A, but when I click and it kills the target it's actually Rival A who dies, not Rival B.

"Wounded" (25% chances) is fine, however. Target B gets the "Wounded" trait. It seems that the problem is only on the "Dying" possibility.

Numerous times, when I get this event my Monarch is actually supposed to kill his rival, but he is the one who ends up dying all the time. And to be certain, when it happens I check the possible results before clicking the button just to be sure, and I'm 100% certain it's supposed to be the opposite. In fact, nowhere does it say that the Monarch or the Rival enacting the Event is supposed to die at all. :confused:

Last edited:
I got the event "Vengence", in which the Rival exact his/her revenge on the target by either killing or wounding him/her.

There seems to be an inversion in the "Die" possibility. When you read the description when hovering over the event button, it says target B has 50% chance to die in the hands of Rival A, but when I click and it kills the target it's actually Rival A who dies, not Rival B.

"Wounded" (25% chances) is fine, however. Target B gets the "Wounded" trait. It seems that the problem is only on the "Dying" possibility.

Numerous times, when I get this event my Monarch is actually supposed to kill his rival, but he is the one who ends up dying all the time. And to be certain, when it happens I check the possible results before clicking the button just to be sure, and I'm 100% certain it's supposed to be the opposite. In fact, nowhere does it say that the Monarch or the Rival enacting the Event is supposed to die at all. :confused:

Drakken,

This one was hard to find, it actually fires off an objective (kill rival) - its event 7510 in objective_events.txt.

This is the code for the effect:
Code:
		random_list = {
			50 = { 
				obj_death = {
					death = yes
					any_child = {
						limit = {
							can_get_rivals = yes
						}
						add_rival = THIS
					}
				}
				wealth = -100
				prominence = 10 
				popularity = -20
			}
			25 = {
				obj_death = {
					add_trait = wounded
					prominence = 5
					popularity = -10
				}
				wealth = -100
				prominence = 5
				popularity = -10
			}
			25 = {
				obj_death = {
					wealth = -150
				}	
				wealth = -100
				death = yes
			}
		}

I read this as saying:

50% chance - rival dies but his kid gets rivalry with attacker
25% chance - rival is wounded
25% chance - attacker dies

You must keep getting the last 25% - death of the attacker. Perhaps the tooltip for the last 25% is hidden at the bottom of the screen.

Not sure why there would be a 25% chance that the attacker would die when they pay 100 wealth (assume they are hiring an assassin). Perhaps it would be better if it failed and you lost your wealth, no consequence.

Some more things. Pontus is lacking a core in their main province. The Lysimachids and Antigonids also lack cores for some of their provinces (those in Greece, all Lysimachid provinces east of Macedonia have a (Lysimachid) core, unless I missed one), while some such as Macedonia have cores from the local countries others such as Thessaly have no cores on them at all, which means nothing can be trained there. Seleucids keeps a fair amount of cores in the former Lysimachid territories when starting in 474, while some may be intended I assume Tomis maybe isn't.

Game crashes constantly when Etruscans make peace with Romans. Save and logs attached to post.

Game[messagehandler.h:205]: 10 March, 472 Sparta joined Epirus in a war against Lucani.
Game[messagehandler.h:205]: 10 March, 472 Law: Lex Venditio Pauper Sevitium passed in Acarnanian Confederacy.
Game[messagehandler.h:205]: 11 March, 472 Bithynia dishonoured their Alliance with Pergamon.
Game[messagehandler.h:205]: 11 March, 472 Law: Service Guarantees Citizenship passed in Armenia.
Game[messagehandler.h:205]: 11 March, 472 Law: Let disputes of honour solve themselves. passed in Aedui.
Game[messagehandler.h:205]: 11 March, 472 Law: Give the Druids a place at the high council. passed in Arverni.
Game[messagehandler.h:205]: 11 March, 472 Law: Citizenship for Sale passed in Lysimachid Kingdom.
Game[messagehandler.h:205]: 11 March, 472 Etruscans have accepted peace with Rome on the following terms: Full Annexation was demanded.

Attachments

• Bosporan_Kingdom.zip
    510,1 KB · Views: 24
  • logs.zip
    60,5 KB · Views: 20