• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually your best is the 2.03 patch and then go and grab the latest lua and event files. Effectively those 2 are best seen as work in progress, so its ongoing and will be fed into the patches as and when.

I've started using the JGSME mod enabler as it makes it so much easier adding in or pulling out changes like this, and you can always go back to the vanilla if it turns out to be a flawed iteration.
This is the best way to go, because I don't think any of the new/modified events made it into this patch.

Couple of week holidays... God you chaps up there are lucky... I got 124 days of holidays to use up (from past years) and I dont have the time - by law the accounting/hr department can send me to see a doctor if I keep refuseing to use those days up :D. Then again I owe the company :eek:. :lol:

Couple of week holidays... God you chaps up there are lucky... I got 124 days of holidays to use up (from past years) and I dont have the time - by law the accounting/hr department can send me to see a doctor if I keep refuseing to use those days up :D. Then again I owe the company :eek:. :lol:

Ah then.....every day is like holiday for you. :D;)

I'm kind of baffled, 760 posts in the tech forum, 1 month since the beta, and the patch changed almost none? Uh....What happened? Paradox might as well not even post the betas anymore.

Hey, it made a huge change that some of us had been requesting for a while. Can't wait to see if the Soviets are a tougher nut to crack with their tech improvements, or if the end result is just a Germany that researches Soviet techs anyway.

Uh

Those are LUA changes, which don't really need a patch, you can install those any time (and they are getting much, much better).

Not days we have no available programmers.

- Patch, released more than a month after the latest beta release, is introducing new bugs, that were not present in that last beta.
- Main new functionnalities of Semper Fi are not fixed, like allied objectives.
- we are now told that there will be no hotfix for that patch and that we will have to wait several weeks for a new patch.

:rofl:

- Patch, released more than a month after the latest beta release, is introducing new bugs, that were not present in that last beta.
- Main new functionnalities of Semper Fi are not fixed, like allied objectives.
- we are now told that there will be no hotfix for that patch and that we will have to wait several weeks for a new one.

:rofl:

How about going back to 2.03beta....and update it with the newest Patches from Lothos (Luas) and Kriegsspieler (Events)?

That Version worked very good im my eyes...also didnt had the blob-bug.
Then after a hotfix comes...you can try again.

I fear i have to go back also to 2.03beta...because the official 2.1 Patch gives me many CTD´s when the War goes into a hot phase. (1940+)

Sad is then...that i couldnt use the much more active Sea-Onvasions-AI. As i found out....the AI does much more Invasions now....is much more agressive there. But if i cant find out..what crashes the game so often...i cant really use it.

How about going back to 2.03beta....and update it with the newest Patches from Lothos (Luas) and Kriegsspieler (Events)?

That Version worked very good im my eyes...also didnt had the blob-bug.
Then after a hotfix comes...you can try again.

I fear i have to go back also to 2.03beta...because the official 2.1 Patch gives me many CTD´s when the War goes into a hot phase. (1940+)

I kept the beta. But it does not change anything to the ridiculous situation and the facts new SF functionnalities are not working (allied objectives does not work in any beta or in the final patch) and no patch will be released before several weeks.

I imagine myself, as a software support engineer, telling my customers: "Ok, new patch brings new bugs and does not even fix existing important bugs. But don't expect any hotfix or new patch before weeks, we have no one to work on it. You'll have to live with it."... Customers would have been really really happy...

That's the wrong answer to tell your customers.
N'ah, being honest is very nice. Maybe not marketing nice, but transparent nice.

But hey, maybe you like having false hopes.

actually your best is the 2.03 patch and then go and grab the latest lua and event files. Effectively those 2 are best seen as work in progress, so its ongoing and will be fed into the patches as and when.

I've started using the JGSME mod enabler as it makes it so much easier adding in or pulling out changes like this, and you can always go back to the vanilla if it turns out to be a flawed iteration.

This is what I am thinking. Just how much change would there be in between the beta and the patch - not a lot I guess, and at least no blob issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.