• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If u can do somehing like the background of the text here I think it will look awesome :D. It may be a bit difficult from what I know. Inspiration at leat...

You know, rusty and worn

mohaa3vw.png

Oh the memories...

Oh the memories...

+1...

yes i'm ok with that. its just that i dont want to change every two months the whole thing and for eg tech pics i usually search a pic of eg the new model or unit type. now if that changes the pic itself is useless. as for the tibet tank i was referring to unit pics (in case we ever reach that specific point). all in all we should team up a lot even if there are no skills except testing and maybe organising and giving feedback (but basically everything is welcome, me thinks).
as for tastes and such: IMO the best solution is to include as much as possible, no mod ever matches with every taste out there, but personally i hated to search 40 minutes for a new AA icon (as an example) so i would appreciate b/c/d options for us micromanagers.

bm

As I totally agree with your philosophy of things, I don't either want to have to re-do things but rather go for one style (i.e. colored techs with the dusty tech_template.psd with a gem found in the gfx/interface/tech) and do it all way and only if necessary, improve the current work that will be used as the base as is.

For model pics; they will never be included in the mod. Simply, because that's a way to large take on and I don't like to have to re-invent the wheel for the fourth or fifth time (SKIFs done it, COREs done it, GIPs done it, etc etc).

And even though I am in line with you as adding as much content as possible, I'd rather go for quality over quantity and prefer to use material that was intented for this mod or given permission to used for the mod. Asking to use all the skins included in GIP for example wouldn't be fair and square and I don't want to "steal" users and I don't want this mod (and by "this mod", I mean the original MGM mod, should go on a different route than it currently is; improve the current theme, not replace it, but with that said, I still want to improve the graphics in a seperate pack because I for myself prefer sweetlooking skins, colored (greyish color ;)) backgrounds and some colors here and there (for example, tech pics, diplomacy backgrounds etc) but that will be as a seperate pack. MGM will always be smaller; rather improving interface step by step that as many as possible can feel that this really improved the current game, not forcing the player to choose wheter he prefer b&w/color... what type of unit icons, etc, because that's already been done. That will partly be done by the add-on and plain and simple, it requires much more time, which I myself don't have.

Epaminondas

You can have the complete metallic look i made if you so wish

If u can do somehing like the background of the text here I think it will look awesome :D. It may be a bit difficult from what I know. Inspiration at leat...

You know, rusty and worn
Which graphics would you like to see with that background? I could try to do something if you wish to suggest.

Inner Circle, I saw some of those screenies you posted (the nation skins) and I noticed that you had very pretty minimap. Care to send it to me?

Sorry all, work demand overtime, so haven't had any chance to stop by. Anyways, I've redone all the buttons once again and I finally felt that I got a more old, toned down metallic with a hint of rust in it, so I feel this one certainly feel more appropriate for a WW2-game, so download here and please give me feedback if you use them; which ones are missing (for easyness sake, write which filename it is you want alter and in which folder it is, it makes it easier for me ;)).

Interface v 01: http://www.filefront.com/15935907/interface01.rar

vgodhe.png

looks good, i'll DL this one.
btw i think its time to define what this mod is about (ie what should be included and what not in the long run, who is contributing and what exactly with wich aim). otherwise it will be the already mentioned 5th invention of the weel?;)

MGM: Improve current AOD theme.

MGM-addons: Replace current AOD theme with an overall improved themes, i.e. more colors, new skins, add color to event pictures etc.

Simple as that. :D

I'd certainly like to have a dev-team and not only contributors, because my time is limited and because I think that more - great - things would be done, but how/when/ etc is up to you.. And then we need some of better platform for development (not start an own forum though = instead mod death ;)) but have a mailing list or something similar, so if anyone would take part in such a dev team and furthermore, have ideas how to handle things, I'm certainly up for discssuion and would like to see that, but remember though, that even if I'm very flexible, the four words at the top of this post ("improve current aod theme") will always, always be the main goal for the original MGM project, everything else will be considered as "deluxe", "addon", "plus" etc because I'm fairly certain that those almost 1,000+ ppl who've downloaded this mod, prefer the cleaned, improved style rather than a major overhaul á la GIP etc, but I'm certainly on to develop a more major overhaul, but it will not be my #1 prioritare. At least for now.

(...)
...I'm fairly certain that those almost 1,000+ ppl who've downloaded this mod, prefer the cleaned, improved style rather than a major overhaul á la GIP etc...
(...)
Wow, so there are already 1.000 users who downloaded the MGM? That's cool - nice to read that we made a thousand people a bit happier! :D ;)

Just a quick question related to graphics modding, which file is the file of the menu button? I've edited all the genericbutton files, but I can't find the menu button.

With the initial porting of CORE now out of the way, I was looking forward to revamping my graphics setup. But I'm finding that I can't download from the link provided in the first post. I get to FileFront okay and can access the download option, but the process just winds up without an "open or save" option displaying.

A problem on my end do you think?

With the initial porting of CORE now out of the way, I was looking forward to revamping my graphics setup. But I'm finding that I can't download from the link provided in the first post. I get to FileFront okay and can access the download option, but the process just winds up without an "open or save" option displaying.

A problem on my end do you think?

Hi!

Does this one works for you? http://www.filefront.com/15852533/MGMIIver2.rar/

It works for me, but if you still don't can download it, please PM me your mail and I'll send it as an attachment.

Glad that you enjoy this little mod. Sadly, other things have interrupted my life currently, but once CORE is more adapted to take advantage of AOD (0.5?), I'll get right back into it. :)

seems to be dead, or at least asleep?

ok i toyed a bit around with all those icons and made a replacement for this hero - icon you see in ground battles (its basically a leaderpic, just the sice decreased, called "leader_bonus" in AoD/gfx/interface) and took a coloured one. well, no revolution but worth a test, maybe?

EDIT: now who's going to turn that order into a knights cross? :)

seems to be dead, or at least asleep?

ok i toyed a bit around with all those icons and made a replacement for this hero - icon you see in ground battles (its basically a leaderpic, just the sice decreased, called "leader_bonus" in AoD/gfx/interface) and took a coloured one. well, no revolution but worth a test, maybe?

EDIT: now who's going to turn that order into a knights cross? :)

With a 1px black frame I think it would look very good!

And yes: asleep due to me not playing AOD (or anything) ATM..