• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(63886)

@ my Swedish HQ
Dec 26, 2006
Welcome to the Minor (or major!) Graphics Mod a.k.a. MGM!

ReadMe said:
This thread is used for promoting and devoloping the mod MGM as well as other, smaller (or some rather large...) project which aims to improve the graphics for Arsenal of Democracy in all possible ways.

Please stop by and join the discussions, give feedback (both positive and negative of course... not to negative, though!) or contribute.

Best wishes... and enjoy!
the Crew.

And of course... the most important... the reward for all the hard work you guys (and girls?) put up with. Credits:

Order Of The Star Of The Grand Cross Of The GFX Cross: TeutonburgerW (as all tyrants, I'll be couped and killed, so let me be glad for a while at least... ;))
Order Of The Grand Cross Of The GFX Cross: T.B.A.
Order Of The Knight's Cross Of The GFX Cross With Golden Oak Leaves, Swords And Diamonds:: T.B.A.
Order Of The Knight's Cross Of The GFX Cross With Oak Leaves, Swords And Diamonds: T.B.A.
Order Of The Knight's Cross Of The GFX Cross With Oak Leaves And Swords: T.B.A.
Order Of The Knight's Cross Of The GFX Cross With Oak Leaves: T.B.A.
Order Of The Knight's Cross Of The GFX Cross: Titan79, bestmajor
Order Of The GFX Cross (1st Class):
Order Of The GFX Cross (2nd Class): LordInsane, GAGA Extrem, tuore, Fernando Torres

NOTE1: Real medals will come later. ;)
NOTE2: T.B.A. = To Be Awared.​

MGMII (main project) Ver2 now up! (17/03/2010)

Code:
# MGMII
# Version II

- Added revised colorscale of the great WIF-mod (thanks FT!)
- Made province pictures b&w instead of sepia
- Added opional experience_star.bmp (ironcross)
- Added extra revised TC_icons.bmp (thanks tuore!)
- Revised TC_icons.bmp 
- Revised popup_unused_slider (thanks tuore!)
- New clock (thanks Titan79!)
- New statusbar (with markings) for oil and supplies (thanks Titan79!)
- Optional unit icons (for land divisions, NATO counter-style)
- New capital icon (thanks Titan79!)
- Revised my own country.csv and colorscale.csv further

# MGMII
# Version I
# Notes: Pure graphics this time around!

- Added GAGA extrems reversed combat event pictures
- Revised the buttons under the minimap (thanks Titan79!)
- Added optional German top bar (thanks Titan79!)
- Revised the etnichal_natiolism.bmp 
- Added optional CSA shields and flags ("the stars and the bars" and "the blood stained banner")
- Fixed bugged Libya flag
- Added missing flags in AOD-style for: Mauretania (U93), Senegal (U96), Kongo-brazzaville (U85), Uganda (U70), Singapore (U75), Gambia (U86), Jamaica (U89), Kenya (U90), Kuwait (U91), Tanganyika (U97) snf Trinindad & tobago (U98)
- Revised prioritzed production colors
- Revised production tab colors
- Revised max_slider_bullets.bmp and min_slider_bullets.bmp aswell as bullets1.bmp and bullets2.bmp
- Added optional flag and shield for Germany (German Kriegsmarine naval ensign)
- Added optional shield and flag for Japan ("the rising sun")
- Revised colorslide.bmp and reverse_colorslide.bmp
- Added optional axis_ledgers.bmp
- Added optional shield, flags and counters for Germany, Bulgaria and Greece
- Revised tech tree backgrounds 
- Revised colorscale.csv and country.csv (optional)

NATO symbols as unit icons (side project)

First version (screenshots here)
Second version (screenshots here)​

Work In Progress (side projects)

Colorized German tech teams (by bestmajor)
Improved (and colorized) ministers/leaders with pics (by bestmajor) Screenies here.

A coupkle of screenshots, but beware, much more is replaced, revised and of course, optional gfx are included, like things that aren't allowed to be posted here. ;)

8yyfti.png

25z6wlt.png

jucldl.png

:cool:

Last edited:
Just to start, a little one from me: a train instead of the default (and ugly, IMHO) truck that replaces TC icon in the topbar.

Right click on image and "save image" to get the .bmp, then put it in ...\gfx\interface (try it - in game looks better than here).

Attachments

• res_9.bmp
    res_9.bmp
    1.014 bytes · Views: 352
Turn Valk net back on or something man.

It should be possible to trade non core provinces with each other even if your not in the same alliance. Multiplayer can be very frustrating at some times when its not possible.

Both these suggestions are way beyond the scope of this project since those changes can't be done by us (the community) with Notepad and Photoshop. But good suggestions regardless.

Both these suggestions are way beyond the scope of this project since those changes can't be done by us (the community) with Notepad and Photoshop. But good suggestions regardless.

I feel ya. Hopefully it comes out in the first patcheset.

I feel ya. Hopefully it comes out in the first patcheset.

Indeed.

3. Anyways, I re-did the tech trees a bit: added that washed out effect and a thin, black border around the tech tree background and I do belive the overall impression is a bit better. Example (new / old in-game):

116lzwp.jpg

Download (and place in gfx/interface):

http://www.filefront.com/15663343/interface.rar

Superb...!

Some graphical things that make the game looks better. :D

I would like to have a command to change name, colour and flag of a country via event.

Once more then, this project is intended to change things that we (the community, not the developers) can change with notepad and photoshop.

Us hacking the .exe won't happen because that would be illegal, so for enginge changes, please start a wishlisted directed towards the developers, because those kind of things we won't be able to do, unfortuantley.

However, as earlier suggestion, I indeed that they would be very, very nice additions to the game.

And mods (Lennartos, wyk1ng or balesir) may I ask you to change the thread title to Wishlist for an enchaned AOD (made and done by us, the community)

And mods (Lennartos, wyk1ng or balesir) may I ask you to change the thread title to Wishlist for an enchaned AOD (made and done by us, the community)

The confusion comes from the word wishlist, usually when you write things on a wishlist you expect those to be done for you by somebody else, this would rather be the Community Contribution thread or smth.

The confusion comes from the word wishlist, usually when you write things on a wishlist you expect those to be done for you by somebody else, this would rather be the Community Contribution thread or smth.

Yup - think of a catchy name and i will change it :D

Not very catchy, but at least until a mod sub-forum is up just "Minor Graphics Mod Megathread" might do.

Surely, there are plenty of smaller things that could be done by all our fine and hard working modders that could save time from devs to do themself for a future patch or just to be downloaded here. Surely there are many people who have different reason not to mod (maybe it be no interst, no time, no knowledge), so those who are willing, could help out, so bring it on.

I can start:

1. The slider colors (in the production tab) are a bit to "screamy" and a more washed out color slide would be nice to fit the general grahpic theme of AOD.

Preview:

2jfnhjd.jpg

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15663003/Color_slider_reverse.bmp

(Place in gfx/interface and press yes when asked to replace current)

I will include this in WIF for AOD if that is okay with you.

Thanks guys!

OFC, FT! I'd be honoured if you used my work for your great mod, but please download this instead and use what you want (for everyone else also ofc):

Download

Includes:

- Fixed flag, shield and counters for Germany (yeah, you know *cough cough*...) in the new AOD style.
- Fixed axis_ledger with new German flag (so it correspondens with the new flag)
- Fixed colorslide and reverse colorslide
- Added washed out effect and a thin black border on all the techscreens (looks more in line with rest of the look of AOD than current version)
- Toned down the bright color for brigade symbols (auxiliary and auxilarybig)

Cheers

EDIT:

Q: I want to slighly rework the map and I would like it to have those still pretty bright colors tone down a bit but yet still something in line with current theme (so nothing extreme). Any interest before I work on such a colorscale? Also, I really like to change the color of UK & US but have yet to find one. Perhaps give the US blue and give america... a lighter blue? or something else perhaps.

Last edited:
Teutonburger, WiF Gold (and I think Titantium...can't remember) has the best colorscale I've ever seen. It's dark and gritty and fits the WW2 perfectly. Plus, the countries are very distinguishable.

However, don't use the WiF Platinum colorscale. France and UK are virtually the same and it's very bright.

TRP also used a pretty good colorscale.