[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
again srry I counted on 20:00 for soem reason :(
We could have used you, we got our buts kicked real good. But Sami lost his temper I think when they killed him all the time (to bad as he could have done some great job out there I think, just se how he dominated the capture the flag afterwards)
Do you guys have any voice ip programs that you use? If you don't, _Benedict_ on TaleWorlds will give you a TS3 spot most likely.
No we dont have anything like that yet. How does TS3 work exactly?

Do you guys have any voice ip programs that you use? If you don't, _Benedict_ on TaleWorlds will give you a TS3 spot most likely.

No and I bet OL did use that. Gonna go and spy in their thread.

No and I bet OL did use that. Gonna go and spy in their thread.

Their thread doesn't "exists", but of course they used something like that :p

edit: They have a forum though...

Strange... All links I've tried (clan-thread and their signature links gives me an invalid link). And yes, they have their own forum which is something we maybe should have aswell...

I've got enough forums to frequent, let's stay on PI...

Maybe we can request a subforum though. I heard in the "ask Paradox" thread the whole staff was talking about us, and Shams asked me if there is anything they can help us with, Shams also vaguely stated that M&B is on his "want to play" list, but he has so much else to play/do as well.

We need a voice chat and we need a general strategy. I found it hard to just come up with a tactic during play when I barely knew what weapons our guys had. Atleast we need voice chat for the leaders when we play.

Perhaps we should divide us in several squads á 3-6 people with the leader of every squad taking orders from the general. The general decides what strategy we should use and he should give each squadleader orders directly via voicechat. We will be much more flexible this way.

In anycase we do need to train some basic tactics training and most importantly we need to train a squad of archers. If we doesn't have archers we need to get some.

All in all, even if we were humiliated I think we learned alot. So it actually was more of a wakeup call than a match for us.

We need a voice chat and we need a general strategy. I found it hard to just come up with a tactic during play when I barely new what weapons our guys had. Atleast we need voice chat for the leaders when we play.

I hate voice chat, but assuming everyone who speaks talks in a mature and non-annoying kind of way (and not saying stupid or obscene stuff) I can tolerate it. I don't have a microphone so I won't be able to help, not to mention I doubt you will understand my mumbling.

Perhaps we should divide us in several squads á 3-6 people with the leader of every squad taking orders from the general. The general decides what strategy we should use and he should give each squadleader orders directly. We will be much more flexible this way.

I don't think that works, unless these squads are according to role, or not more than two groups. But don't count on me too much for commanding people in serious clan matches, not until I have more experience with that.

the most important we need to train a squad of archers. If we doesn't have archers we need to get some.

You've got me already, that's my best role, provided that there is a safe spot to camp on, which there were none of in the maps we played. I think it was unsportly by OL to let us spawn on the boats, when they (hopefully) know this was our first clan match ever.

I've got enough forums to frequent, let's stay on PI...

Maybe we can request a subforum though. I heard in the "ask Paradox" thread the whole staff was talking about us, and Shams asked me if there is anything they can help us with, Shams also vaguely stated that M&B is on his "want to play" list, but he has so much else to play/do as well.
I must read that thread now :D Of course would any P-dox staff member get his own special banner ;) Gold is simply not enough ;)

We need a voice chat and we need a general strategy. I found it hard to just come up with a tactic during play when I barely knew what weapons our guys had. Atleast we need voice chat for the leaders when we play.

Perhaps we should divide us in several squads á 3-6 people with the leader of every squad taking orders from the general. The general decides what strategy we should use and he should give each squadleader orders directly via voicechat. We will be much more flexible this way.

In anycase we do need to train some basic tactics training and most importantly we need to train a squad of archers. If we doesn't have archers we need to get some.

All in all, even if we were humiliated I think we learned alot. So it actually was more of a wakeup call than a match for us.

Yeah, we must come up with tactics and have some leaders to follow. I was a bit of at the beginning as I tried to figure out where everyone were. As for archery, our best archers should not fel obligated to play as something else. We need you to much as archers :D

and yes, we learned alot. To bad that we didn't have some more players, that would have been a great training session then (im keeping a record from now on over who participates)

If we train I don't think commanding will be difficult. For example if you were the squadleader of a group of archers you would take orders from our General Wetew... he would say something like... Go to the ruins.... when you start to walk that way the rest of your squad knows you are the leader and they start following you. It could actually be that easy.... and while you are shooting them from the ruins he tells me to take my squad of heavy cavalries to attack them on there right flank. And wham we win.... yeah well it won't be that easy but you get my drift?

If we train I don't think commanding will be difficult. For example if you were the squadleader of a group of archers you would take orders from our General Wetew... he would say something like... Go to the ruins.... when you start to walk that way the rest of your squad knows you are the leader and they start following you. It could actually be that easy.... and while you are shooting them from the ruins he tells me to take my squad of heavy cavalries to attack them on there right flank. And wham we win.... yeah well it won't be that easy but you get my drift?

Well I don't mind the "following John" idea. Always nice with a bunch of bodyguards. If a squad leader dies, the one remaining with the highest rank should take over, if there are several with that rank, anyone who says "follow me" is the leader.

Well I don't mind the "following John" idea. Always nice with a bunch of bodyguards. If a squad leader dies, the one remaining with the highest rank should take over, if there are several with that rank, anyone who says "follow me" is the leader.

that last part reminds me of a book I read where a group of men was attacked .They all screamed "follow me" and ran of in different directions

that last part reminds me of a book I read where a group of men was attacked .They all screamed "follow me" and ran of in different directions

Here you can just pick the one who said it first.

would you see who said it first if you are busy saying it?

If your leader falls the only ones allowed to yell "follow me" are the Lord Electors, then Knight Electors and last Knights ;) If a squire yells "follow me", simply ignore him ;)

Improve? Personally I think we owned!

... ah yeah, we got owned... Well that is maybe something we should work on...

Lol follow John... yeah kinda like that. :rofl:

Anyhow, this is the time to come up with ideas so that we can start planning and training.

So anyone... any ideas how we could improve in clan matches?

oh the idea is grand, I could not think of a better one meself.

It is just that it requires there to be a clear hierarchal system within each squad, because if it is two knight electors in one squad who do you follow?

oh the idea is grand, I could not think of a better one meself.

It is just that it requires there to be a clear hierarchal system within each squad, because if it is two knight electors in one squad who do you follow?

The one who says follow me first, ignore the one that said it a second later. If you were second to say that, you just accept that fact and go with the others.