• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This will be easy. You just have to let the Italians pour in and then cut their supply lines with the armored forces stationed at the Swiss Border.

My plan all along ;)

I didn't catch the GoI of Albania. Must not have been paying enough attention. That said, not having an army there might be a bit daft, or it might be a brilliant method of getting the Italians onto the north German plains where your tanks and trucks will outmaneuver and otherwise defeat them! At the expense of only your industrial might for a little while! :p

Never thought about that strategy to improve the infrastructure of a neighbour :rofl:

This will be easy. You just have to let the Italians pour in and then cut their supply lines with the armored forces stationed at the Swiss Border.

My plan all along ;)

Good plan! :D Like Myth said...

I didn't catch the GoI of Albania. Must not have been paying enough attention. That said, not having an army there might be a bit daft, or it might be a brilliant method of getting the Italians onto the north German plains where your tanks and trucks will outmaneuver and otherwise defeat them! At the expense of only your industrial might for a little while! :p

... it's only at the expense of our industrial might :p

Hitler: I told you my plans were Plans of World Domination™!

Oh, and while we're on that subject:
Chapter 10 said:
You MUST pay more attention when you read the next chapter of this AAR!

:p

I've added an index for the readAARs' convenience, there's quite a few hints hidden (or not-so-hidden) in some of the updates :D

Oh, dear, Hitler's gotten himself into a bad spot here.

Maybe we should bring the cat back in...

Meow? :p (I actually meow well enough to make cats jump IRL :D )

Never thought about that strategy to improve the infrastructure of a neighbour :rofl:

That's creativity for you! :p

Your mastery of strategy astonishes me! I cannot wait to see how you will outfox the Italians. Take this as a ReadAARbefehl to post your next update at once!

And by the way, may we see a screenie of the disposition of the German forces at the onset of war?

Mastery of strategies to outfox the readAARs? :p

ReadAARbefehl? OK, here we go ;)

Last edited:
Benito Attacks! (Like an Italian).

At the beginning of hostilities, the entire Wehrmacht was obviously on the Italian front

The 4 armored divisions were on the Swiss border, the rest scattered in the Northern ports or in the middle of nowhere

(I actually put 3 of the 4 armored divisions in Todtmoos, there were no troops between them and Berne :p )

FGN058.jpg

The Führer felt a little nervous for some reason

FGN045.jpg

Not that he should have worried

FGN047.jpg

After a couple of days and some kicks in their asses, the Italians started moving

FGN049.jpg

The German generals were glad, they didn't miss the party

FGN050.jpg

The supply system: quick and responsive

FGN052.jpg

Get used to seeing that message

FGN051.jpg

Finally! What took you so long?

FGN053.jpg

The first real battle of the war - note that it is a German attack

In a true display of Fascist camaraderie, the Italian troops stopped every time they ran into German columns

FGN055.jpg

Göring conveyed our thanks - in Nazi-speech

FGN057.jpg

The front after 8 days. We're lucky Churchill didn't think of massing the army in the Northern ports or in East Prussia :p

FGN048.jpg

Last edited:
It appears strat redeploy still outpaces supply in 1.4. Though annoying, I find it's kinda OK gameplay-wise that you can't expect to roll your armour straight off the trains into combat.

Anyway the Führer's response to the Italians response to the Führer's DOW seems more sensible than nutty. What's the world coming to?

Und what kind of Air Wing inflicts 852 kills in a single attack?

BTW, good to see you referencing Chaplin's movie (previous update), it's a masterpiece ("Straf mit Sauerkraut und Gemüse" says it all!).

Well... I AM going for the same kind of outcome as the Risk AAR, so I'd better try and win my first war :p I'm probably going to be in serious trouble at some point, though: remember most of my divisions are on wheels. There's already 50 of them and there'll be another 90 at the very least - you can imagine how well oil-rich Germany should manage that :D

I wouldn't have bothered posting this semi-serious update if it weren't for the fact the Italians did nothing for 40 hours with 1 division opposing them on the whole border :wacko: And... what kind of Air Wing does this kind of damage? Two stacks of 3 upgraded TACs on 1 stack of 29 brigades in perfect weather. DiDay made the stacking penalties for planes almost insignificant and generally increased air power. He might have overdone it a bit :eek:o

Maybe you surprised the Italian AI.

AI: "Lessee here....plan for attacking Ethiopia...check. Albania.... lose to Greece ... maybe take one province from France .. hm.... nope, no plans for attacking Germany. We'll just sit here."

Breaking news!!! After one month of war with Germany, Mussolini realizes we're not allies!!!

FGN060.jpg

I don't know how he figured out.

Nah, he was probably thinking

"Bah! Just a bunch of German rebels in military uniform! Adolf will get them under control!"

...days later.

"Adolf?......Adolf?"

...even more days later.

"Shit"

Maybe you surprised the Italian AI.

AI: "Lessee here....plan for attacking Ethiopia...check. Albania.... lose to Greece ... maybe take one province from France .. hm.... nope, no plans for attacking Germany. We'll just sit here."

Hitler: No one in their right minds attack Germany!

Stalin, off-stage: We'll see about that.

The AI is still comfortingly incompetent I see. :p

That it is - or maybe not so much. The AI didn't start pushing until it had more formations showing up from the French border, and at this point half of our border was already garrisoned. The other half of the line saw my troops arrive in the next three days, and the strat-redeploying divisions actually attacked one INF which had advanced to their intended destination.

Maybe El Douche should reorganize the front in Africa?
He cannot really defend the Alps. Italians always tend to fail whilst trying it...:D

Maybe a German Stuka accidentally hit/bombed his pet-dog? :eek:

Kinda-sorta. A German Stuka accidentally hit his pet divisions :eek:o
Breaking through the Alps with only MOT and ARM was fun :p

Nah, he was probably thinking

"Bah! Just a bunch of German rebels in military uniform! Adolf will get them under control!"

...days later.

"Adolf?......Adolf?"

...even more days later.

"Shit"

:rofl:
Welcome on board :D

Everyone, I'd love to post that next update, but before I do that I need to finish invading those pesky Italians. I'm afraid I won't be posting one update every day this week, I need to find two nice AARs just to annoy their writAARs :p

Coming soon: Rommel, Guderian and Manstein's race to Rome. Kind-of.

MUSSOLINI (it should always be capitalised, you see :p): "Huh. Declaration of war, when they have no soldiers along our border? That Hitler comes up with the oddest jokes. No, we're not moving."

Other Italian guy: "But Duce, they are massing in numbers!"

MUSSOLINI: "Alright, we'll play along with the joke. Take a bit of the Austrian border. Just make sure not to attack them."

-ONE MONTH LATER-

OIG: "Duce, they have reached Venice! We have lost that city to them!"

MUSSOLINI: "What?! Tell them the alliance is off. Any more of this and we might start actually fighting back!"

MUSSOLINI (it should always be capitalised, you see :p): "Huh. Declaration of war, when they have no soldiers along our border? That Hitler comes up with the oddest jokes. No, we're not moving."

Oh yes, I remember ComTrav's AAR quite well. I had loved how MUSSOLINI had ended up doing all the heavy lifting :)

Hehe, I'm hooked, subbed!

Shhh, I don't want a visit from the FDA! They'll never believe this AAR is a legal substance!