• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Johan (or other Paradox employee). Is there any particular reason why you didn't include Epirus, Mentese, Ramazan & Saruhan in the new countries guide? Surely you could have found a paragraph to write about them as they were a complete surprise when the Ottoman Empire collapsed and one of them I'd never even heard of...

I'd like to request the range limit for crusades be removed or increased. Historically, GB, France, and other nations (Burgandy tried once) launched crusades that are not possible in the game due to this limitation imposed by the game mechanics. I'm posting this here because of the mention of Jerusalem, and of course it was first established via crusade, and attempts to re-establish it were also done via crusade.

Edit: Hanseatic League as a source of events, awseome idea. As a country in and of itself? Not really liking that idea tbh. I think it should be more like an HRE wielding economic rather than military power, like the ability to banish merchants, levy penalties, or perhaps even shut down or reduce the influence of COT's through their merchant power. This legue was -extremely- powerful, but it was made up of wealthy merchants, bankers, landlords, and traders. It should be a commercial power only, not an actual nation-state.
It isn't a nation-state, it's at best a state. Important difference.

Johan (or other Paradox employee). Is there any particular reason why you didn't include Epirus, Mentese, Ramazan & Saruhan in the new countries guide? Surely you could have found a paragraph to write about them as they were a complete surprise when the Ottoman Empire collapsed and one of them I'd never even heard of...

Yes, we were adding them to patch 4.1, but decided to include them in the gold master at the last minute.

New countries = good. ;)

Shame you guys are so reluctant to add a PLC though. :(

Buth thanks for the new countries anyway! Forming Romania should be a treat. :p

You have to conquer Judea, convert it to catholicism (or maybe any christian religion) and then release it as a vassal.

Ahh thank you
I was wondering about this

Since Jerusalem is in the game, could there be a possibility to get the Principality of Antioch in the game? I hate seeing Jerusalem all by its lonesome on the mainland.

Here's my two picks for new countries:

1) The Kingdom of Dali in what is now Yunnan, China (the three Buddhist provinces at the southwest tip of Ming). It didn't form during the EU3 period, but it was a threat to form, being geographically isolated and different in culture from the rest of China, and as such it impacts Ming/Manchu strategy: they don't have a completely homogenous country any more; they have to worry about different culture group provinces seceding. The three provinces would be Bai culture from the Burmese culture group.

Aside: The Cantonese culture is a culture without a tag. The WUU tag seems appropriate for it.

2) The Kingdom of Wolof in Senegambia. I'm not sure whether it was independent from Mali in 1399, but if not it definitely became independent over the 15th century. This would give Mali a chance to collapse, as it did historically. The culture Senegambian already exists and does not have a tag.

Of course, there are no end of countries I'd like to add in Western Africa. The one with the most atmosphere would be the Tuareg tribal federation of Agadez/Aïr, north of Songhai. (If you've read Dune, the Freemen are inspired by the Tuareg.)

Last edited:
Yes, we were adding them to patch 4.1, but decided to include them in the gold master at the last minute.

Thanks. You guys spoil us. :p