• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Groovhaus

Recruit
30 Badges
Mar 8, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello,

I've recently come across a problem where I've been getting the checksum 658d instead of b3ef, which the launcher says is the checksum that allows achievements. I've tried a range of things, including restarting my computer, uninstalling all my mods, deleting the Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV folder, and re-installing the game. None of this has fixed my bug. I suspect the problem has something to do with the mid-April security update, as this issue has been ongoing for a while and I didn't have a problem before then.

Does anyone have any ideas of things I can do? I just want to finish my one faith run and hopefully get the achievement

Thanks in advance

Did you make sure that the eu4 installation folder was empty after you uninstalled the game? Steam uninstalls only files that it knows about, but additional files in some of the subfolder can change the game and thus are included in the checksum.

To get a complete clean slate, you can do a clean reinstall as explained in my reddit guide that is linked in my signature or as explained by the official tech support in this comment.

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.

So I think I found the problem. For some reason, I had a file in the governments folder that contained the entire script to a certain movie about black and yellow insects and that was messing with the checksum and didn't get deleted by uninstalling the game. No idea how it got there, but I've deleted it so hopefully that will fix the problem. I have literally no idea how this happened, but at least I could fix it. Thanks for your help.