• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

anastiel

Captain
54 Badges
Apr 18, 2017
steamcommunity.com
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Darkest Hour
would a new narrative for Tyranny 2 be possible?

Tyranny%202.png

as soon as I start publishing.....
Why not? this game is loved by fans and also receives for the second time the possibility of new users testing the game the first time was by the promotion of steam now the promotion of twitch.tv

some curiosities

on site steam charts - An ongoing analysis of Steam concurrent players.

8npg3s.png

017s09.png

Daily Twitch stats:
085al6.png

Hourly Twitch stats:

khomq4.png

are pretty good numbers for the game and I also bring the stuff pcgamesn

Tyranny 2 is uncertain - but could the series have a future in grand strategy?

At last year’s PDXCON, the publishers told us that Tyranny sold below their expectations; that “everyone was hoping that it would do better.” But Paradox and Obsidian never fell out according to Wester. In fact, their relationship is perfectly healthy.
“I’m going to have a beer with Feargus Urquhart at E3 this year as usual,” he says. “It’s more that, they want to be more independent and do their own things, and we want to publish things where we are in control. It’s not really compatible on a corporation level. On a personal level, there’s no problem.”

To understand that publisher demand for control, you need to look at the nature of Paradox’s recent success. Part of their explosive growth over the past half a decade has been down to patience - Crusader Kings, Cities, and Europa Universalis are all names that didn’t find a wider audience until two, three, or even four entries in. In order to repeat the trick, Paradox want to own what they work on.

“We always work super long-term,” VP of business development Shams Jorjani says. “If we have the choice of investing in our IP and ourselves, rather than Games Workshop or somebody else’s IP, we’d rather choose ourselves. Us owning IP ends up being just a direct result of us paying for everything. We’re taking all the financial risk, so we should see most of the financial upside as well.”

and this can become real enough the fans ask and you want a continuation for the saga?
Tyranny%202%20paradox.png

Hopefully Obs/Para are still on healthy terms. I think it would be in Paradox's best interest to let Boyarsky/Cain (2/3 founders of troika) work on the white wolf vampire ip eventually in some form.

I really don't think so, but most of the fault is on them (very bad marketing) rather than on the game itself (which is good, apart from the buggy expansion)

The crpg players are just a niche, and the market is being saturated pretty quickly
Pillars and Divinity are two of the few that sold over a million copies (without huge sales or giveaways of any sort), the rest have quite the same sales numbers as Tyranny (which were pretty normal, considering the market AND the very poor marketing and follow up, even here in the forum)

I really don't think so, but most of the fault is on them (very bad marketing) rather than on the game itself (which is good, apart from the buggy expansion)

The game's budget clearly ran out at a certain point. The third act was left on the cutting room floor and it bothers me a lot since I love the game. I just can't think but how much better it could have been if they had managed to actually expand the last act