• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

System Lord

Colonel
18 Badges
Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
This is a thread for the worst HOI players on the forum. To gain membership tell your worst game result and I'll decide if it warrents membership. This is a sticky thanks to the greatest moderator of them all Maximillian I who has honary membership as a non crap player.

Membership List
Dan_3634 Founder
Maximillian I [COLOR=sky blue] Patron Moderator [/COLOR]
Seidita
ComteMeighan
Wolfbtl
Ksim3000
Mike the Red
Juan Peron
Timothy Ortiz
John Shackles
hughbartlett
von Murrin
Burris
2Coats
Capt Birdseye
S. Klaus
Mad Mac
MogOre
Tom Saywer
Ingtar
Maddogg1178
Shameen
thinlines The Worst of the worst HOI players
Fuhrerdammerung
Asnip
Aulus Caecing
MateDow
Willard
Thrdarmy44
Steele
Dino
Alwin von Arlt
lifer
warp_kez
Kraus vs Guntner
Rambo Smurf
christianx
Jools
robshell00
Tyma
Historia
Alexandru H.
Cairo_East
Berija
Blood and Guts
Cpack
Banner
joel
Marcus Valerius
Smirk2u 50th Member!
joedog
Bramarius
Idoggy
Thufir Hawat
Reichsmarshall
luh3147
Chronon
GreenPhrog
bingitz
Snert
Prufrock451
Yorlum
Crusss Daddy
Larz
Catphish
MuckyPup
Lady Europa
Lunchbox
Viking
pds-ta
Ampion
Gwalcmai
Georgij Zhukov
jech
orko
DoctorPlague
Lortto
fbaker4
Armfeldt
Bobby Shaftoe
Autowar
TheSatyr
Mammoth
taO jee
Janster
Frankie
fLod
Lord_VR
J. Passepartout
Captain Pluto
vcarter707
Warmonger
kokomo
Sadric_Melnibon
Black_Rattler
Melchy
Xenofontis
Keledor
King Fox
Talos 100th Member
Room 101
UBootMan
Man of Steel
Christensen

Here's our badge of Honour

Member of The HOI Worst Players Club

Link to EUII Club

Last edited:
Worst Game Ever Playing as Turkey in my first game thinking I'm the man after conquering Iraq and then getting my ass kicked by Bulgaria by itself in Version 1.0 of HOI! That really sucked :D

HOI 1.03b Stony road

Playing Germany easyest level. Building and researching as the experianced player I am and -39 I attacking Poland. All of my attacking forces died or retreated badly mauled. I stoped the game then in utterly embaresment. Does this count for the club?:(

I took over the Balkans as Italy but my invasion of France was annhiliated.

Italy

I am in my first game as Italy now, and I lost Ethiopa as well (actually, I sued for peace to try to save my remaning divisions there).

A mitigating factor, however, is that I started war with the Yugos right when the game started, which I just barely won.

First game, didn't know what anything did. Played as Italy. Won the first battle against the Ethiopians by using my seven divisions against their one... I only won that because the two default leaders allowed for two of my divisions to have decent percentages, plus the pincer attack, compared to their one division :p Needless to say, that is as far as I get in Ethiopia. They eventually defeat my troops and rout the entire army when I was busy trying to figure out the convoy system. Slightly perturbed, I attempt to research, fail at it, and commission armies, though I don't think I put any ICs into that production. Also, my economy goes down the drains as I don't know how to do any world trading and my coal supply dwindles rapidly being converted into rubber at an 8:1 ratio (.25 coal-> oil, .5 oil->rubber).

I don't really realize any solution to that, think something along the lines of "ah, a challenge!" and then when 1939 rolls around, I join Germany in the Axis. Germany makes war on Poland, France occupies Italy and Libya in about 2 months.

That was my first game... It took about 5 or 6 more to master the concept of putting leaders with armies :p

Played as Germany in the road to war, and attacked Poland straight away. Narrowly beat them, and attacked Lituania, drawing the SU and france into a war againts me, which was over in about, oh, 3 weeks :D

Let's see... not too many games under my belt, but I do have one that sticks out in my mind....

I was playing as Germany, took France, and it Vichy-ed, but a Free French province survived in Colmar I believe it was with a few tanks and some infantry.... well, I couldn't have that, so I sent in some tanks and inf of my own... while I concentrated on Sea Lion and Denmark. Well, about 2 minutes later, i notice I got routed in Colmar, so I sent in more troops, same thing happens.... by the time I did take it, I didn't have enough troops to take a weiner Schnitzel stand, let alone England and Denmark....

The French beat me hard in the defense of a single point....

I think that qualifies me....

Conquered the world, so to speak, with Germany, Russia, USA, and even did quite well as Romania... but then I tried the UK.

Thought I was being smart and building up my forces in Egypt, India, and Indonesia... afterall I know how to guard my mainland from an AI invasion. Famous last words...

Rampaged across Lybia, and even started a small invasion of Italy from Egypt, as soon as Mussolini joined the Axis. Patting myself on the back until... 16 german infantry landed in Southampton and I only had 7 total units scattered over my mainland (thoughts of building up the beachheads slowly).

By the time I got re-inforcements moving from my Italy invasion I had lost london... and Italy started pushing back what was left as my transports headed for the British Isles... only for me to forget that the Germans had a navy in the English Channel (which for some reason my coast watching destroyers missed seeing).

After calling myself a bunch of foul names I had to surrender...

Ken Von Romig

(PS: I started again and did not make the same mistake)

You'll have to worse then that!:D

Only the truly crap players can join.

Gosh Hugh we are going to make one killer alliance on Friday aren't we. Somehow I don't think the rest of the world has anything to fear from the likes of us.:p Oh and you're a member too.:D