[WIP] Stellaris Zero Parliamentary Bonaza, or (probably) the most advanced Democracy simulation

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, so I had a look at the code and played Utopia for a while, and I came to the following conclusions:
- The citizen rights system makes parliament much less robust, since the number of policies has been reduced - I am having hard time justifying the implementation of the parliament right now (which is quite sad considering the amount of code I've wrote, but then again, I could have waited for Utopia in the first place)
- The new faction system presents both opportunities and huge obstacles
- New governments and civics are quite nice, but the fundamental concepts (democracies transitioning to fallen democracies etc.) will need to be either adjusted or completely revamped
- The ethos overhaul is the biggest problem, since the whole mod was build around the old ethos sytem

On the other note, Dissonance made great progress with trading and corporations.

Hi thank you for your efforts that is a great idea.

When I read "democracy simulation" I thought "voting system". The idea that I would like some influence on the voting system(of your head of state). At the moment it is just whoever gets the most votes wins.(you will have some legitamacy problems on your heels mr. President!) But it is not requiered to win by 50%.

Maybe it is not modabel at the moment to change this? As the calculation of voting outcome might be hardcoded?
I have no first hand experience on modding Stellaris but either you see this as a possible continuation of your mod or it may be my point of starting modding.

Some thoughts on this:
I would like to have some more choices next to the existing votingsystem like an electoral college or a ranked voting system and
Getting to detailed here seems to not make much sense. But those 3 would be distinct enough.

For the electoral college the sectors would seem the choice as a voting district. A candidate would need to win the majority in enough sectors to become head of state. Although it might allow for some gerrymandering.

For the ranked voting system a matrix would be needed how a pop of a given faction would rank candidates of other factions.

I would attribute the choice of voting system mostly with gains and losses in unrest, influence and/or unity. As it becomes easier to influence the vote or fuels legitamacy of an elect.

I hope you don't feel like I derail this thread. This is not my intention. If so I will move this to a more approbiate place.

Hey! I'm super excited for this and it looks like you've accomplished some amazing coding and work. I've wanted something like this in stellaris since it came out. Is there any update on this parliamentary system being implemented with all the changes that have occurred from the recent updates?

Speaking for myself, yes. As I'm sure you're aware 2.2 will usher in a new trade system far more comprehensive than anything I could have offered. So I've thrown in the towel.