• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(40)

Second Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2000
Visit site
If I use rt shift 8(?) times or hold it down for >8 sec, these little applets kick in, one of them is "filterkeys". Holding down shift key during negotiations. The applet returns me to desktop, asks obscure questions. When I return to game, shift key is "held down" whether I want it or not. I couldn't even save the game the last time it happened, it messed up the entire keyboard, and the mouse wouldn't bring up the menus. I had to power down and restart. I have all the applets set to not be engaged, but Microsoft in it's "helpfulness" makes them happen anyway, just in case I didn't mean it :mad: Any way to 1) disable them for real myself or 2) get vicky to do it for me?

This isn't quite a bug, but I wasn't totally sure where to put this.

Scott

What you are refering to are the accessibility options, You can disable those short cut tiggers by start-Accessories-Accessibility-then click on settings for each one and make sure there is NOT a check mark in the box next to enable shortcut.

EDIT: You may have to activate one of them to gain access to the controls.

Last edited:
Press the left SHIFT key 5 times, the config menu for StickyKeys will pop up.

Hold down the right SHIFT key for 8 seconds and it will toggle FilterKeys on and off.

Hold down the NUM LOCK key for 5 seconds to toggle ToggleKeys on and off.

Left ALT+left SHIFT+NUM LOCK toggles MouseKeys on and off.

:)

THe point was he does not want them to. ;)
Wich means they must be turned off as I mentioned above.

Well, after you mentioned your problem I activated mine then disabled the shortcuts as mentioned and now I cannot access them to turn them back on to check for you. So I would say it was a very permanant solution for me.

Are you clicking on the okay to save the changes?

Okay, I found them again, they are actually in the control panel.

To turn the short cuts off you must enter each (5) individual settings button, (3 under keyboard tab, 1 under mouse tab, and 1 under the display tab) push the settings button then make sure the top check box is unchecked. click okay, when you have finished click apply, then click okay.

Doing that diabled the shortcuts for me, even after a reboot.