• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ErinyesAg47

Recruit
May 12, 2020
OS: Win10 pro 64-bit, Nvidia drivers 445.87 (newest at the time of posting)

Game version: Whatever is on Xbox Game Pass for PC

Description: After 10-30 minutes of playing, all graphical elements of the user interface disappear. Numbers and some text stay. Restarting the game is a temporary fix. Quitting to main menu will not help since it's bugged too, with nothing but text visible in it. Maybe it's some graphics setting that is doing this, does anyone know a fix?

Hardware: Ryzen 7 3700X, RTX 2080 Super, 32GB RAM, NVME SSD, 4K monitor.

bug.pngbug2.png

Side note: If you add a "report bug" feature in game, how about making it so if and when it fails to send the report, it won't wipe all your hard work, so you could at least copy-paste your detailed report elsewhere?

Upvote 0
I'm not aware of this as an issue in Windows.

After this happens and you quit the game, can you start it right up again and have it wrk? Or do you need to reboot, or wait a while before it will then work?

In the game's settings make sure Vsync is On and Frame Rate is limited to ,say, 60fps.

Immediately after the next such event, Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

I managed to fix it by simply shutting down Steam, Discord, and minimizing whatever else I had open on desktop. Well, I say "fix it", but I played successfully for several hours without it happening again. Went to bed, played again today (without Steam or Discord on), still no problems.

To clarify: Simply restarting the game fixed it until it reappeared, within around half an hour of playing, many times over. I'll try playing with Steam and Discord running and see if it happens again, as I'm curious about it myself. IF I don't report back on this, consider it a random issue that disappeared with whatever I've done since then. If it does come back, I'll be sure to try and see what's causing it and report my findings.

Also I checked out of curiosity and for future reference:
"C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\"
Does not contain Surviving Mars at all, and that is probably due to playing it from Xbox Game Pass for PC. I dug around and found the log files, along with a profile name that matches my Game Pass username, saved games and all from:
"C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\Packages\ParadoxInteractive.SurvivingMars_(random digits)\LocalCache\Roaming\Surviving Mars\"