Will 1.1 be compatible with 1.0.3 Ironman/Achievement saves?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Someone said a dev posted on Steam forums that it would be compatible, but I'd strongly recommend having a backup of your save before trying to load it into the new version just in case. There were a couple problems with the last patch that affected some people's games even though they said it was compatible. As long as you keep a backup, you can revert to 1.0.3 and finish your game before updating again to 1.1 for future games if the patch ends up breaking your game. (I don't think that's possible on XBox GamePass).

Reactions:
Someone said a dev posted on Steam forums that it would be compatible, but I'd strongly recommend having a backup of your save before trying to load it into the new version just in case. There were a couple problems with the last patch that affected some people's games even though they said it was compatible. As long as you keep a backup, you can revert to 1.0.3 and finish your game before updating again to 1.1 for future games if the patch ends up breaking your game. (I don't think that's possible on XBox GamePass).

Just for everyone's interest, I went to check steam after Riamus' hint and found this:

1601317448581.png

But I would also advise to make a backup just in case, especially if your playing with mods

Reactions:
Thanks for making a thread. I pinged the devs in the patch notes but it got SUPER buried.

EDIT: As I imagine this will become a high-ranked google hit, would be helpful if someone detailed the save backup steps or linked an appropriate guide for it. Will save a lot of net people time googling it.

Meneth also responded on the reddit patch notes thread saying basically "they'll probably work fine and have in our testing, but weird stuff can happen so we don't want to promise compatibility".

Thanks for making a thread. I pinged the devs in the patch notes but it got SUPER buried.

EDIT: As I imagine this will become a high-ranked google hit, would be helpful if someone detailed the save backup steps or linked an appropriate guide for it. Will save a lot of net people time googling it.
In Windows, for saves that are not stored in the Cloud, go to Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games\ and copy the appropriate save(s) to another location. (Copy, not Move). For Mac and Linux, it will be similar, but the location may be somewhat different. If your save is in the Cloud, there isn't much you can do about it.

Reactions:
More importantly, are the broken achievements I completed just going to be given to me, or do I have to reconquer all of africa?

Unfortunately not:

If we could've fixed it retroactively, we would've. Problem is the necessary info for it quite simply does not exist in pre-1.1 saves.

More importantly, are the broken achievements I completed just going to be given to me, or do I have to reconquer all of africa?
There was a dev response in the 1.1 Patch thread that says they cannot give the broken achievements to you as the info needed to do so wasn't available in the saves. This was in reference specifically to achievements related to starting with a specific person. It may or may not relate to any other achievements that are/were broken.

If your save is in the Cloud, there isn't much you can do about it.

Not so! Cloud saves live here: Steam\userdata\YourUserID\1158310\remote\save games

The trick is that if you want to "restore" an old cloud save, you need to launch the game to the main menu (thus having Steam update that folder from the cloud), then, while in the main menu screen, copy your backup over the appropriate file in the path below (be sure to keep the same name). Then exit out of CK3 and Steam will recognize that the cloud save has changed, and upload that new one to the cloud. Now they match, and you can relaunch then load the save.

... or something along those lines. I've had to restore one ironman game backup and it took some fiddling, at first I thought I had lost the save entirely because it wouldn't load. Messed around with it a bit and eventually got it working. Gotta be careful with loading the "resume" save from the launcher.

Reactions: