Why nobody makes auto ai army mod to help manage front lines

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pafnus

Captain
42 Badges
Jan 15, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Hello guys..

Darkest hour one of best hoi game and it is still too good to play but it has too many provience to manage. And it kills player whrn it comes multipl and large fronts, like german- soviet war.

Why nobody makes a mod which gives oto army option to help manager front lines? İt can be done via events or something else. :(

but it has too many provience to manage
lmao
Have you seen how many provinces have Hoi3/4? :D

That's why DH is the best Hoi game - because it has minimum number of provinces that really can be managed. Unlike Hoi3/4 billions provinces

lmao
Have you seen how many provinces have Hoi3/4? :D

That's why DH is the best Hoi game - because it has minimum number of provinces that really can be managed. Unlike Hoi3/4 billions provinces
I completely agree, the number of provinces in HOI2 and divisions maintain a good balance. Yes, sometimes microcontrol is needed, but this is not HOI3, where giving orders takes a lot of time.

İn europe and russia there are too many very small proviences which are difficult to manage. Oto army would be life saving :/
Theoretically, this can be done, there is an ai file for Germany, the USSR, but the question is how to implement this - the player stands at factories, conducts diplomacy, builds divisions, at the same time ai places an army and controls them - this is not very easy, I think changing the game code

Theoretically, this can be done, there is an ai file for Germany, the USSR, but the question is how to implement this - the player stands at factories, conducts diplomacy, builds divisions, at the same time ai places an army and controls them - this is not very easy, I think changing the game code
Maybe we can order army too like hoi 4. Because in hoi 4 we can inrupt ai orders and make pockets

Maybe we can order army too like hoi 4. Because in hoi 4 we can inrupt ai orders and make pockets
Source code and relevant knowledge work wonders. But I repeat, no one has done this in almost 20 years, because... there is no need, the scale of the game is small compared to HOI3 and HOI4. Seriously.

• 1Like
Reactions:
But it would be good option and booster playability of the game.
To be honest... not really.
What you are asking for: mod to auto-manage units along the border, is really very difficult. Difficult enough that the outcome will be of as low quality as no one daring to use it.

Additionally most players will probably even not want to. If you don't make a plan, deploy and order your units. well, what are you doing then?

Maybe we can order army too like hoi 4
Not entirely sure but I could imagine that DH was developed and is still played today for NOT doing this.

To be honest... not really.
What you are asking for: mod to auto-manage units along the border, is really very difficult. Difficult enough that the outcome will be of as low quality as no one daring to use it.

Additionally most players will probably even not want to. If you don't make a plan, deploy and order your units. well, what are you doing then?

Not entirely sure but I could imagine that DH was developed and is still played today for NOT doing this.
Maybr i am noob, i admit it but it is hard to manager large fronts with air force and naval units

In my knowledge it is impossible to do so unless modifying source code (which I'm not sure but it is illegal no ? If not teach me sensei plz)

Tho I never tried but loading ai file through event is possible but I think it will not do anything (if you want to try go in db/event/1914AI or something like that, you will find U08 event for ww1 battle plan, just remove the trigger condition ai= yes and you'll have the game load you an ai file when you start ww1.

About ten years ago, when Luxor was making "PoS" i have already indicated this proposition.
In fact the script that regulate the frontline and successive behavior are already there. It's true that whit few provinces to control there is no need, but in the soviet invasion it cuold be useful.
Same when i proposed it long ago, i had a game whit japan and as a qualified "yellow blob" i conquered china, india, australia, and i was starting the invasion of africa, any help would have been very useful.

About ten years ago, when Luxor was making "PoS" i have already indicated this proposition.
In fact the script that regulate the frontline and successive behavior are already there. It's true that whit few provinces to control there is no need, but in the soviet invasion it cuold be useful.
Same when i proposed it long ago, i had a game whit japan and as a qualified "yellow blob" i conquered china, india, australia, and i was starting the invasion of africa, any help would have been very useful.
Yes.. auto plan will increase darkest hour playability