• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sordani

Private
79 Badges
Jun 18, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I have been playing Rome for awhile and just installed VV and the patch 2.1 today. I started a new game and after some time ran into a problem where the game and my computer just locked up. Rebooted the computer started from the last autosave and ran into the same problem. BTW the freeze did not happen after a certain period of real time, it would be fine for minutes on end while paused but always occurred on the same game date.

Like many the first thing I thought was that the computer was overheating so waited a while rebooted check my fan control program and started the game and same thing. I then checked the forums, read most of the threads and went back to my savegame file to check for BAR and/or REB cores or owners. No luck. I then started my autosave back up, left it on pause, and started looking for anything out of whack.

In this game the Illyrian province of Taulanti had rebeled and formed a new country of Macedonia. "QMA" in the save file. It had one army named "ARMY_NAME_noculturegroup" and a few more queued up for construction.

I edited the save game file and changed the owner and controller back to Illyria.

Ran the game and voila no freeze, game ran fine right past the crash date.

The crash date may have coincided with the construction of one of the macedonian units.

It appears that there is a bug in the changing of ownership of provinces or new countries appearing.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Great Game.

Upvote 0
You need to add the following two lines to the countries information in the save game file:

Primary_Culture=roman
Religion=roman_pantheon

Use whatever particular religion and culture in place of Roman. I believe you can put it anywhere within the lines for that country but I placed them after the line "Capital=x"

Finding the proper country to put the lines in is a pain. You need to know the three letter abbreviation for the country in question. I search for the name of a capital of one of its provinces.

then find the country information for the country which in this case is the region of Magna Graecia:

QMG={
history={
474.1.1={
land_tech=0
naval_tech=0
construction_tech=0
civic_tech=0
religious_tech=0
}
484.7.1={
ruler=100007
}
}
flags={
}
variables={
}
capital=0
Primary_Culture=roman # or whatever
Religion=roman_pantheon # or whatever

technology={
land_tech={1 0.000}
naval_tech={1 0.000}
construction_tech={1 0.000}
civic_tech={1 0.000}
religious_tech={1 0.000}
}
graphical_culture="greekgfx"
stability=1.000
treasury=26.071
current_income=0.000
estimated_monthly_income=21.079

You may need to also delete the army named "ARMY_NAME_noculturegroup" a little further down in the countries info, not absolutely sure tho.

Hope this is clearer than mud

Actually, you don't need to know the three letter abreviation. Check which province is the new country's capital, then look the province up in the History/Provinces folder. Let's say your province is Cyprus, which is number 163 (I know this off the top of my head because I had this problem with a breakaway Cilicia centered in Cyprus today). Open the save file and search for "capital=163" (no quotes). Also, you don't need to delete the army. Just give it a more proper name. I switched the Cilician army name to "1st Stratos", though I presume you could call it "Bob's Bakers" and it wouldn't matter. I didn't rename the regiment that made up the army at all, in fact, and my game worked fine. Of course, I fixed it before it even froze up, since I was aware of the problem from past games, so maybe that matters. My advice is to have your game set to give a pop-up when a country declares independence, so you'll know as soon as this happens. As for where to add the extra information in, you can just model it on one of the other countries in your save file. Just copy/paste the format and plug in the correct information for the new country.

You open it with Notepad. But this problem only apples to 2.1/2.2, and you should be on 2.32 by now (or will be when we finish with your other thread).