• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BRS Dude

Private
Jul 24, 2020
Hi all, amateur history lover here seeking advice from expert history lovers. I was just wondering why the Armenian city of Yerevan is considered a Coptic holy site in EU4, since, to my knowledge, the Coptic church has no real presence in Armenia today, nor at any point throughout the past?

Same question could apply to Antioch, though with that I just assumed given its proximity to Egypt and its central role in Christianity as a whole, Copts just considered it holy as a given. But I'm having trouble applying the same logic to Yerevan.

Thanks!

Technically Armenian Christianity is a distinct group, but they're both Miaphysites and part of Oriental Orthodoxy. You could think of it like Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox both being under the same umbrella of Orthodox in eu4 (though Coptic is less appropriate as a collective term).

Syriac Orthodox Church would be the corresponding Oriental Orthodox group headed in Antioch.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Yes, but that doesn't explain why the Copts consider it one of their holy sites.

Like Vandicus said, the game combines the Egyptian Coptic faith with the Armenian and Syriac churches.

Reactions:
Reactions: