why doesnt paradox adress any of the many complaints?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

b.arts4

Second Lieutenant
40 Badges
Jul 27, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Title saiz my question, maybe its yust me but i see for every 10 complaints 1 positive post about current changes especially coruption. why paradox wont you answer your most loyal players. give us something to work with. because i cant find any other games to play, i keep looking in this forum if paradox has announced anything of a middle ground but all i find is the same complaints over and over again.

i think the comunity deserves a straight answer whatever it is. so we can work with that answer or decide to move on

bil

Reactions:
They changed corruption in the 1.16.2 patch so its more manageable.

So they listen.

Reactions:
I haven't been able to play the game much in 1.16, so I can't say whether corruption is good or bad but just to point out:

- Many of the complaint posts are by the same people, posting in different threads whenever the topic strays marginally close.
- People who dislike something are more likely to be vocal about it. Much less common for someone to take the effort to go online and praise something they like unless they really enjoyed it. Plus those people would be happily playing the game instead of lobbying for fixes.

Reactions:
wel great for those who like it, but the question is to paradox and if they will adress the complaints or not. if they say THIS is how eu4 will look like from now on and this is exactly how we will continue develope the game, then fine and people who dont like it can stop putting energy in the game and move on

btw all those disagrees, so you disagree that paradox needs to adress complaints then?

bil

Reactions:
You know in my thread where I complained about the new patch. Not only was there frankly unheard of 10 to 1 support for my point of view, but 5 people registered accounts and first posted there just to agree with me.

Reactions:
I agree with you OP. I reverted to 1.15 like a few others I have noticed as I do not like the new corruption mechanic. I like to play as ROTW and try to conquer, and it's just not possible really in a feasible way with the changes on 1.16. Obviously I wont be buying the new DLC or any in the future/updating anymore unless something changes in this regard.

Reactions:
Because opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

There are the vocal few who in no way represent the player base are typically very vocal about changes they don't like. It's human nature to complain about something you don't like but far less likely someone will speak out about changes they do like.

This issue is common across all Internet gaming. Developers make changes and players largely adapt to the new rule set or get left behind and/or rage quit.

Regardless of the vocal few, paradox will judge its success based on metrics they can more easily measure than some Internet forum & if there sales are increasing it will indicate they are heading in the right direction.

That's not to say issues won't be addressed, but if you don't like how a mechanic works, far better is a constructive post to suggest how you think it might fit better than a rant which offers nothing and will be quickly dismissed.

Reactions:

There are the vocal few who in no way represent the player base are typically very vocal about changes they don't like. It's human nature to complain about something you don't like but far less likely someone will speak out about changes they do like.

This issue is common across all Internet gaming. Developers make changes and players largely adapt to the new rule set or get left behind and/or rage quit.

Regardless of the vocal few, paradox will judge its success based on metrics they can more easily measure than some Internet forum & if there sales are increasing it will indicate they are heading in the right direction.

That's not to say issues won't be addressed, but if you don't like how a mechanic works, far better is a constructive post to suggest how you think it might fit better than a rant which offers nothing and will be quickly dismissed.
It is not the vocal few. If anything this has awakened the silent majority
I just said this. Over 100 agrees and 5 new accounts to first post agree.

Reactions:
Title saiz my question, maybe its yust me but i see for every 10 complaints 1 positive post about current changes especially coruption.

Rarely people do take the time to post about what is working for them, news article rarely mention trains arrived on time, etc.
This forum is bound to have much more complaints than anything still.

[QUOTE="b.arts4, post: 20946278, member: 774558]i think the comunity deserves a straight answer whatever it is. so we can work with that answer or decide to move on
bil[/QUOTE]

I do agree that some topic should at least be adressed in the following way: works as intended and no planned changed / will be changed / might change but not decided how and when.
I guess it cannot be part of the forum thread, the reply would be lost. But there should be a list of sorts.

To be fair though things like 'coring' bugs of varying kinds among the game along with CTD's that I can cause consistently since launch... there's no subjective opinion about these. They are things that are wrong with the game.

Referring to corruption though, this is definitely subjective, I won't argue with that but It's not a matter of 'adapting', the rule set isn't that hard to adapt to, but managing it (or ignoring it) ultimately it means 'you get much less of the fun things you liked about the game then you did before and the further away from Europe you are, the less fun you get to have'. When you take fun away in a game (however subjective) people are going to be especially upset. Adding challenge or making a change that's interesting and adds strategic depth (e.g estates) might get some original complaints and knee jerk reactions but even they can ultimately see what the feature is trying to achieve.

Corruption on the other hand... is just made to take things away and punish people playing in a way Paradox disproves of, which is... really bizarre, like why do they care? And don't say blobbing was too easy, you can still blob just as hard as before with little to no ill effects as a European power despite the fact Qing and Mughals historically both blobbed pretty hard, so there's no good historical OR game play argument which is true of MANY features they introduce for what amounts to 'because reasons'.

At the end of the day though you'll eat the corruption with imbalanced tech because it's simply better trying to fight off Europeans keeping ahead in military tech rather then rolling over at Muslim tech or worse if your rulers are sufficiently bad. Not dying or not losing land is going to better than almost any other nasty alternative, but people aren't going to be happy eating an extra penatly 'because reasons'. The kicker is that people who are pro corruption usually never play outside of Europe which just makes this issue even worse because many assume the real problem is 'expansion got nerfed' when it really really didn't.

It's generally the people who were already really strong at the game and have a deep understanding of its mechanics, both new and old that don't like the change. We've tried being constructive, that ended up being told we were three year olds trying to understand algebra by Johan when he refused to/couldn't answer fair questions. Wiz outright said to me that 'he doesn't answer to me' when I asked him similar questions. While technically true, he does answer to his customers who effectively pay his wages and it's not exactly the most open thing he could say... People are annoyed with their high handed and obnoxious attitude on top of changes that can only be justified because of a 'design' based on an art project rather than a game and when constructive criticism is met with such high handedness... it wears on people.

If we are talking pure sales though, this game... I really honestly believe it could sell better. I'm a little underwhelmed when looking at the figures of people actively playing and buying. I can suspect why it doesn't and it's not the complexity, I've seen more complicated games sell. Most notably their DLC policy and the fact many features of the game simply don't work without DLC... it's... really questionable as I know of at least two people who haven't gotten into the game because of this after buying the game with no DLC, but that may or may not have anything to do with it.

Reactions:
great how people acutaly read the original question.

14 out of 19 people dont want paradox to adress complaints lol

oh and btw thats like the 4th time ur reacting to something totaly different then the question DDR, its defenatly avoiding critisism or something, but i gues you didnt understand the basic question of this topic either. is that a NO then, you dont adress complaints?

Reactions:
wel great for those who like it, but the question is to paradox and if they will adress the complaints or not. if they say THIS is how eu4 will look like from now on and this is exactly how we will continue develope the game, then fine and people who dont like it can stop putting energy in the game and move on

btw all those disagrees, so you disagree that paradox needs to adress complaints then?

bil

I hope you realize that Paradox reps constantly reply on various threads with official statements from the company. They have already addressed corruption - it's not going to be removed, you'll have an option to have it removed if playing on Easy difficulty (and there's mods to remove it).

What do you need addressed? People are pressing "disagree" because your complaint has no grounds - all the major complaints have already received replies, whether positive or negative, whether welcomed or not by the players, but replies are often provided. If they aren't, they often end up in the patch notes anyway with specific changes.

The "show dev posts only" button does wonders. Look for threads that have the Paradox logo next to them, it means a dev or other appropriate Paradox staff member replied to them. There you go - enjoy the thing you want that has already been delivered for years.

great how people acutaly read the original question.

14 out of 19 people dont want paradox to adress complaints lol

oh and btw thats like the 4th time ur reacting to something totaly different then the question DDR, its defenatly avoiding critisism or something, but i gues you didnt understand the basic question of this topic either. is that a NO then, you dont adress complaints?

Great how you haven't even read this forum at all and then jump in and make conclusions about complaints not being addressed. COMPLAINTS ARE ALREADY BEING ADDRESSED ON A REGULAR BASIS, IT HAS BEEN A REGULAR PARADOX PRACTICE FOR YEARS NOW. TRY ACTUALLY READING THE FORUMS BEFORE COMPLAINING. THEY RESPONDED TO THE CORRUPTION MECHANIC COMPLAINT WITHIN LITERALLY HOURS (IF NOT EVEN QUICKER) OF COMPLAINING ABOUT IT BECOMING A THING (so nearly right after public release).

Reactions:
And you think i dont read the forum because?

complaints are being avoided, they answer to questions about mechanics and bugs, but seriously why dont you join there silence if thats the best crap you can bring.

my original question isnt so much a complaint, it can easaly be answered with A is our direction or B, i would settle with that answer and be done with this redicules comunity once and for all

Reactions:
And you think i dont read the forum because?

complaints are being avoided, they answer to questions about mechanics and bugs, but seriously why dont you join there silence if thats the best crap you can bring.

my original question isnt so much a complaint, it can easaly be answered with A is our direction or B, i would settle with that answer and be done with this redicules comunity once and for all

Because your entire complaint is clearly based on you not reading the forum. What do you even mean with "A is our direction or B"? That literally makes no sense. How can they dumb down all their plans, moves etc. with a simple one sentence statement? It just feels like you're complaining for the sake of complaining. They answer to specific concerns, but you cannot possibly expect even the most literate of people to be able to compress so much thought and information in a single sentence to give an impression of the company's entire future plan. They probably don't even have such a plan, mechanics get often adjusted according to what happens after they are implemented (good example is AI ability to handle the mechanics), so how can they possibly predict the future, even if they know what features they want to add?

You mentioned corruption in the OP, I'm stating that the issue was addressed the same day it was brought up by the playerbase that had just gotten access to the expansion. You asked them to give you something to work with, is responding to bug reports, addressing complaints about mechanics and explaining PI stance, or engaging in discussion, not "something to work with", even if it doesn't give your A/B direction answer (which makes little sense to me?

There will always be complaints. You can never satisfy everyone at the same time. If they satisfied the interests of all the complainers - they would be replaced with other complainers, the players that enjoyed the system as it was. This is why I find your complaint to have no substance or reasoning behind it.

Reactions:
Maybe it would help if a lot of the complaints weren't:
"REMOVE X MECHANIC FROM THE GAME NAOW!!"
I don't see how any developer would answer to that, because the answer would most likely be "No", which would make already angry people even angrier.

Reactions:
Paradox has made a few statements about the philosophy regarding EU4's development which I believe applies here, but threads have since been deleted. You can probably find most of the quotes if you look around elsewhere though.

Truce timers

Best evidence ever!

is any of you speaking for PI, ifnot im also not interested in ur complaints. so thats something we share then.

I love how you discarded my entire valid post, nitpicking one statement, which is obviously still true due to your lack of knowledge of Paradox's communication with the community. This was a bad attempt at nitpicking to further your point, as it did the exact opposite with you bringing up a failed counter-argument.

I'm done. You can go with the facts, or you can keep mindlessly basing all your replies around you having "read the forums". I can only suggest you to take reading comprehension courses if you have, in fact, regularly followed what occurs on the forums, because you clearly did not do a good job at taking in all the information.

Also, funnily enough, I never mentioned I don't care what you're saying. If I didn't care - I would not have posted here at all. I was trying to help you out by explaining that your complaints have very little basis. Complaints are subjective, I would not claim your complaint to be "wrong" (subjective) if it was, for example, about whether the corruption mechanic should stay - that has little to do with facts and more with opinions and views. This thread is more about facts, the facts that communication exists in reasonable capacity and that all the concerns you expressed in the OP are non-concerns because, if I cared enough, I could show you examples of Paradox doing opposite of what you claim they do (what they don't - you claim they have not communicated their ideas at all, you brought up corruption etc.) from the last 2-3 pages of threads alone. But, since you have already read the forum, you must know exactly what threads I'm talking about. If not, get to reading, you have a lot to catch up on.

Reactions: