Why does AI not add province to the HRE

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EquilinT

Major
45 Badges
Mar 18, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
I'm in an Austria run, with Byzantium as a vassal (also in the HRE). I fed them several Ottoman lands and helped them convert it (to Catholic, no less). They have now cored them all but wont add those to the HRE. Anyone knows why? (I want them to do that so i can add my Caucasus province to HRE as well)

IIRC vassals will never add provinces to the HRE, even HRE vassals.

Reactions:
is it based on continent? anatolia belongs to asia, so it would make some sense if those lands can't be added as HRE provinces because they aren't in europe

is it based on continent? anatolia belongs to asia, so it would make some sense if those lands can't be added as HRE provinces because they aren't in europe
Most of Anatolia is Europe (except a few provinces near Kurdistan i think) and the province in my question are all in Europe.
Also just in case anyone asks: me and BYZ have 200 opinion of each other

Reactions:
can you sent a screenshot? Maybe they have a uncored province between the HRE provinces and the cored provinces?

All their provinces are cored

I dont quite understand.
Afaik threatened thingy was only when they are joining as a member, but not adding provinces when already a member
I've had them already been in the empire but add provinces, as that way if the province is conquered, it gets returned to them via unlawful territory demand

eu4_1.png
eu4_2.png
eu4_3.png
As you can see from the pic, Kocaeli (across the strait from Constantinople) is in the HRE, but the rest of their core provinces are somehow not added to the HRE.

Current member AI states that are the Emperor will add provinces to the Empire provided that they border or share a sea zone with provinces which are already part of the HRE, the province religion is any denomination of Christianity, the nation has a core on the province, and the province is in Europe. Provinces connected with a water crossing can be added to the empire, as well as isolated islands provided they share a sea zone with a province already in the empire.
Copied from the wiki. Are provinces converted from sunni?

What is your opinion of them ? Did it drop under 100 ?
Mutual 200, so that's not it.

I've encounter it again: i fed Bohemia (PU) bits of Poland and those were not added in either.

I think i've found the condition: if that member is large enough (my guess is development 200+, or 250+, as both Byzantium and Bohemia has ~280) they will stop adding provinces to HRE, despite all other conditions being valid.

huh, that's interesting. Good to know.
If you still have the save file, can you see what happens if you cancel Byz subject?