• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a problem with a mod, PM him or the next higher in command (full mods, or the forum admins). Do not discuss these things publicly.

Its only mob abuse if he changes colour.
Your problem is you have ships out to sea, and the game wants to give them admirals, but cant because they are out to sea, so it keeps making more admirals instead of generals. (not sure if fixed in a beta patch or not)

What is this "Hindenburg at Tannenberg"? Is that an event? Is there any code/command to revive a general?
No, sorry, I was just kidding: because the previous poster mentioned how retired generals are "dead" from a game point of view, I mentioned Field Marshal Hindenburg who was already retired when WW1 started, but got reactivated and moved to the Eastern Front to win the battle of Tannenberg.

But to my best knowledge, there is no such event, sorry.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm well acquainted with the sudden death of generals in this game. I managed to create a +3 Offense +3 Defense general with otherwise mostly good traits (basically, one of the best generals I've ever gotten in this game) shortly before the outbreak of a major war, assigned him to an army on the border, and when the inevitable war began, proceeded to advance his army and others into enemy territory. A couple of weeks later, he was instrumental in a massive victory that crushed nearly half of the opposing army fielded by the primary opponent. His stack then joined 2-3 others in pursuing the beaten opponent, and half-way to the next province that excellent general died, after just over a month in service.

I've had an excellent +5 melee general die in EU3 after less than a week, on the way to his first battle.

The instances mentioned seems extreme but I would think, or hope, that the intention is to show that a general usually don't have several decades at the top of their career.

Quite a Necro.
Slipped right past me.
papy.gif

Locked.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.