Why can't we buy content (music, face, unit packs) individually? Why reduce consumer choice?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very disappointed as well... I always auto buy all portrait packs (exception being the Mediterranean one) and I couldn't care less about music ( after 300+ hours of CK2 I listen to my own) or units... Forcing me to buy 2 things I don't care about, one that I'll never even use (music) is a big slap to my face : /

Sure I'll end up buying anyways because portraits are really important to my immersion, but I feel robbed : /

*edit* I do have to say, bought the pack, and checked the music, it's very very good, so at least there's that XD Still wish I had a choice in the matter.

Last edited:
Very disappointed as well... I always auto buy all portrait packs (exception being the Mediterranean one) and I couldn't care less about music ( after 300+ hours of CK2 I listen to my own) or units... Forcing me to buy 2 things I don't care about, one that I'll never even use (music) is a big slap to my face : /

Sure I'll end up buying anyways because portraits are really important to my immersion, but I feel robbed : /

Hey don't feel robbed, that implies that less DLCs is bad for the consumer, which is obviously false and you're a shill for a greedy megacorp if you think otherwise, shill. Lots of dlcs == greed, more expensive DLCs that bundle together a lot of extra superfluous stuff is way more consumer friendly!

It's $6.00 folks. Pay the people for their work.

If you want support to continue for an over 3 year old game then people need to not freak out over a optional $5.99 bundle.

Reactions:
It's $6.00 folks. Pay the people for their work.

If you want support to continue for an over 3 year old game then people need to not freak out over a optional $5.99 bundle.
people like you have what i like to call the beaten housewife syndrome.....

well i spent 3 years building a relationship with this man so what if he beats me ill stay...

i will not shell out money for items i do not want, unit and music packs !!! for 2 years they were sold individually now paradox wants to be cheap asses and force us to buy them all for 6.00
ontop of a 16$ dlc titled horse lords yet i have to pay money to even have a damn mongolian face!!!! and no did not pick up this dlc. its DLC for a DLC !!! MADNESSSSSSS

Reactions:
Oh wow, i wanted to buy new faces only as im quite short on money due to real life stuff.. Guess ill have to get used to arab faces in cuman region for a while... bludy hell....

Reactions:
I'm ok with them bundling things together, but when the HORSE LORDS content pack has roughly 50/50 nomad/European content, then it's stupid. I feel like I got more European content than I did horse lords since Mongol units didn't even work in the beginning.

Reactions:
I actually like face, music, and unit packs and think there should be more of them but I get the complaints about a lack of choice. Things should only be bundled if there's a discount for the bundle, otherwise let people choose.

All this drama over what? 3-4 dollars/euros?

Agreed. And it's not even 6 dollars, it's 6 minus whatever they would have paid for whichever individual elements they wanted. o_O
Its fine when you live in first world country, but when you get 300 euros monthly, you start to save every penny. Its not like all of us already have university degree and get proper salaries too. Im about to join university too, so most of my money will be spent on studying..

Reactions:
Only six euros, you know, not everyone is from the US. Some of us are lower middle class from Eastern Europe, meaning the average income is around 700€. So yes, 6€ for something I don't actually want is too much and yes, I can't afford it. Be more empathetic people, please. And yes, I agree with OP completely, I only buy the face packs, the music only when it's on sale and the unit packs never and now I'm forced to buy it or leave it. I don't like this new policy Paradox is trying to force on the customer, I understand that there are a lot of DLC already available, but I think caring about hardcore fans, who have been with the game for years and are always excited for the new DLCs is slightly more important in my opinion than trying to lure new people to the game, who may play it for a few hours and never start it again, while I, who have 600+ hours in the game am left disappointed. I liked it when I was the one making the choice what I want and not want to spend my money on. Hopefully they'll reconsider this.

Reactions:
Its fine when you live in first world country, but when you get 300 euros monthly, you start to save every penny. Its not like all of us already have university degree and get proper salaries too.

You realize you are complaining about optional face and music packs for a computer strategy game....right?

Reactions:
I disagree with the "it's only $6" crowd, because "only" is relative and we don't all come from the same circumstances.

I also disagree with the "$6 is too much" crowd, because "too" is relative, and the developers are skilled artists, etc working for salaries to live in Sweden and are providing a purely entertainment product that many are interested in paying $6 to obtain.

Reactions:
I disagree with the "it's only $6" crowd, because "only" is relative and we don't all come from the same circumstances.

Sure, but we're talking completely optional, purely cosmetic content for a computer strategy game. It's not like we're talking about whether or not you can feed your children. All of us can afford to purchase CK2 and a computer to play it on, and we can afford the leisure time to play it for 100s of hours. It's not like we're living under bridges. Just the level of drama seems way out of proportion to the problem. o_O

Reactions:
Sure, but we're talking completely optional, purely cosmetic content for a computer strategy game. It's not like we're talking about whether or not you can feed your children. All of us can afford to purchase CK2 and a computer to play it on, and we can afford the leisure time to play it for 100s of hours. It's not like we're living under bridges. Just the level of drama seems way out of proportion to the problem. o_O
Its not drama, im just complaining about their new dlc policy, is it hard to distinguish those two? Its just people always seem to be like "oh its just that amount of money".

Reactions:
Can't say I particularly like the new Content Pack bundle myself. In my mind I could see selling the individuals and then maybe having the bundle and you save a dollar or something.

Could also sort of see for the sake of new players bundling facepacks and unit packs together by region. For example, save a dollar or two and get all of the Eastern portraits (Turkish, Russian, Mongol, Persian, and Cuman) and clothes in one pack and then have the same thing for Western Europe (Celtic, Norse, Iberian, and Med).

Actually if they really want to cater to new players they might want to create a "starter pack". Base game and Old Gods plus the "Western Cosmetic Collection" I mentioned earlier.

Guess the point I'm trying to make though is this. Make it easy on new players by bundling, but still sell things separately for the sake of consumer choice and older players. If need be though, advertise the bundles and then put in the fine print "Also available separately".