Why can I see the level of my opponent's infrastructure, ports, land forts even without using a spy?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zando

Private
Jan 26, 2018
Why can I see the level of my opponent's infrastructure, ports, land forts even without using a spy?

It should make more sense to hide this information as number of troops, and factories

I mean most major roads, rails and ports were public knowledge. In the case of central & western eurpoe and the US Michelin also added some resaurant recomendations to the road map. On top of that any infrastructure project is expensive, takes a lot of time and is very hard to hide if your opponent has eyes.

Exact mobilization data on the other hand wasn't published that much by companies and states. So maybe the exact fort level should be partialy hidden but revealed at rapid speed once you touch it. Which I question being worth coding.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's not like people didn't know the Maginot line existed.

The one building I could see an argument for is supply hubs, where those would be hidden like factories unless you put up a recon plane wing, but I suppose that since the ai doesn't really build them it would just force the player to memorize where they all are, rendering the point moot.

• 2Like
Reactions: