• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Damn son,really?

This is huge...I was always going for prestige-heavy in resource-poor countries to try to have goods to kickstart my industry.

Yeah. It´s not useless, just less useful.

What IS useless, however, is getting the bloody prestige techs like Romantism.

Could you elaborate a little bit? If it's true that I outrank China, I don't see how it should adversely affect me if it is indeed true that the order goes Local -> Sphere -> World where at every stage the higher rank buys first.

I'm not the right person to answer this, I think it requires a Naselus understanding of the economy mechanics. I'm not actually sure that Local and Sphere are separate markets, leaving your factories to compete directly with Chinese Artisans. China has such a massive economy they can keep taxes low, so it's easier for Artisans to make whatever while your factories are not as efficient. I'm not actually sure they keep taxes low, but as an unciv they have low tax efficiency. Later game though you should have no trouble with your factories being massively profitable.

Out of curiosity are you playing HoD? I didn't think sphering China was possible anymore.

If i understand it correct the main problem with china is that you use a sphearling as a selling market. And all those artisans buy up all your raw goods so your factories get screwed. While you also sell all your further goods on their market. And it overrides their rgo market. So they buy up all your iron and alot of theirs but than can't sell their finished goods since your finished goods have priority.
But that's all stuff i gatehred together from different forum posts. That go into how stuff works from disecting it.

I'm not the right person to answer this, I think it requires a Naselus understanding of the economy mechanics. I'm not actually sure that Local and Sphere are separate markets, leaving your factories to compete directly with Chinese Artisans. China has such a massive economy they can keep taxes low, so it's easier for Artisans to make whatever while your factories are not as efficient. I'm not actually sure they keep taxes low, but as an unciv they have low tax efficiency. Later game though you should have no trouble with your factories being massively profitable.

Out of curiosity are you playing HoD? I didn't think sphering China was possible anymore.

If you look in the factories explained thread, Diego posted showing that sphereing China also destroys their artisans income though, so I don't know if that explanation is accurate. This is in HoD (Sphereing by force).