• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(477675)

Recruit
1 Badges
Apr 18, 2012
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is an "statssheet" anywhere out there?
Meaning:
I always wonder: Do I attack this "Su-35" with the Eurofighter or the F22?
So basically: which unit is better for which task?

Any advice how I can figure it out?

thx in advance

Hello.

That is a difficult question since all 3 of the planes are fighter planes.
The F-22 should be able to sneak up on the Su-35 much better due to its stealth capabilities.
However, the Eurofighter is just as capable of shooting it down.

I would suggest learning what the different type of munitions does.
for example, AIM-120 AMRAAM is an extremly capable air-to-air missile and if a plane has alot of these it will be very capable of destroying enemy planes.
The range of the aircraft is also important, with shorter range aircraft you might not want to stray too far off from your base and leave the long range missions for the long range planes.

I hope this helped.

Hello and thank you for your imput

I would suggest learning what the different type of munitions does.
for example, AIM-120 AMRAAM is an extremly capable air-to-air missile and if a plane has alot of these it will be very capable of destroying enemy planes.
The range of the aircraft is also important, with shorter range aircraft you might not want to stray too far off from your base and leave the long range missions for the long range planes.

I hope this helped.

That is exaclty my problem: where do I find those Informations:
Range, Weapon Layout, Weapon Stats, specialities (stealth? aso.)

I hit the same Problem with AWS-Heli. I sent an Heli to a position to find out,
that this f**king Thing has no Dipping Sonar...

I find it quite anoying: You start a mission and bevor you even realise what you have on
the field checking Airfields, looking at Ships a.s.o. the first 20 Missils are popping your
ship... not nice...

We're working on adding more detailed information on units, weapons and sensors inside the game.
Thank you very much.

jm2c: I would like to see them also outside the game eg. a forum post where you can see all different types of units with stats. So you can print them and look at them.

And btw: is it possible to get some time between "starting the Mission" and "sh*t hits the fan". I like to set my gear up, bevor I start killing ships, shooting from the hip is not my style :)

We're working on adding more detailed information on units, weapons and sensors inside the game.

Why inside the game? You could just link to wikipedia, perhaps in an in-game browser. That would probably satisfy most grognards desires for information, be relatively cheap to implement, and require little in the way of maintenance on your part.

Well, obviously it is easier for us to add stuff outside the game.

But if you run a game in full screen, and detect some unit, you may want at least to know its basic stats without stopping the game and going to google it. It's a bit down the line, obviously, so in the meantime, google is your friend :)

We're limiting ourselves to what a new player need to know about what kind of unit/weapon/sensor it is, and its vital statistics, and obviously a reminder for more experienced players. We haven't worked out the details yet, and for the next few weeks the crew is fixing bugs, making the mission editor, fixing database errors and, well, posting here :)

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is an "statssheet" anywhere out there?
Meaning:
I always wonder: Do I attack this "Su-35" with the Eurofighter or the F22?
So basically: which unit is better for which task?

Any advice how I can figure it out?

thx in advance

I think a lot of that comes from experience which is part of the fun of discovering the game. I don't want to be told in order to do this, do that. I dont mind technical info but I dont want strategies spelled out for me. I think this is a failing of many Wiki as well, sometimes these things don't know when to stop - last one I looked at which was like this was the Civ 5 Wiki - terrible! Sure its fun divulging all the info you have learnt from your experiences playing the game but you have to bear in mind that you might be spoiling it for others. This is why I never buy Strategy Guides these days - because they aren't strategy guides they are step by step cheat books.